Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trade Wars

My bro just got me into this game, and I am hooked. I used to be intimidated by muds, but with my bro explaining it all to me the first night, it is incredibly fun. I'm not even in a corp yet, since i joined in the middle of a game. Just trading around is fun, which it does better than most games since you can actually name your price, and the buyer/seller can accept it or not. So much fun, give it a try, or get back into it. Here's the game I've been playing in for 3 days: telnet://spbbs.ath.cx

Just put it in your browser. You make an account in game. And when you dont know what to do, always type "?" to get a choice of commands.

--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------

Comments

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

I played Trade Wars for years on BBS's before the Web...

• FizblixFizblix Member UncommonPosts: 130

I used to run a BBS with it back around 1992.   Very cool came, there was a group makeing a mmorpg of it.   The site was tradewars.com  but they changed the name and I forgot what it is called now.    Suppose have a bit of RTS in it as well.

The old one I used to run on my BBS had a ton of addons... back then you could have all the startrek races instead of just the ferengi.   You could allie with them as well.  It would even create a neutral zone out of alot of sectors  and the each race had its own set of planets, AI Ships, and such.

I tried to get a internet version going a couple years ago, none of the race addons work with the new version though.    Its hard to find people to play TW2002 nowdays, with graphics being in high demand.   Was a classic game.  

- GRAFFiX -

Mostly Harmless Guild   ♦  Youtube  ♦  Sponsored by Mr. Beer
  • AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

It was better on the BBS then on the web...

As long as nobody use any type of program or macro, it was pretty fun!  image

- "Coercing? No no, I assure you, they are willing to bring my bags and pay public transportation just to help me, it is true!''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• FizblixFizblix Member UncommonPosts: 130

Yeah, I thought so as well.

Here is the MMORPG info  for that Tradewars game I mentioned above

Exarch on Hold

Word from NCsoft is that Exarch, the MMORPG previously known as Trade Wars: Dark Millennium, is "on hold."

The current situation with Exarch is this. The Exarch project is currently on hold here at NCsoft.
    At the present time, NCsoft is still determining how, when and if Exarch or any of its technology will be utilized in the future. For now the Exarch team, that was based in Phoenix, AZ under the company banner of Realm Interactive, has relocated to Austin, TX and is working on other projects at the NCsoft office.

- GRAFFiX -

Mostly Harmless Guild   ♦  Youtube  ♦  Sponsored by Mr. Beer