Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not a good game.

WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Ok, I played it, let's see..

2GB install, kinda long, I installed it and it loaded fine.

The controls lag and the point and click is really annoying. You often wil click in an area and your character will not want to move there etc. You can use arrow keys but you bump into everything.

The combat is lame, it's not really turn based, it uses count down seconds, I don't get the point of this, it just makes you spam attacks.

There is no community in this game, just 1 channel and everything is about items, gold and grind.

Not a good game, sorry.

Comments

• XtrusionXtrusion Member UncommonPosts: 31

I dont wanne act like a fanboi or anything but u can use wasd to walk and q+e to strafe left and right.

Count down means turn based,check system settings i think u can put the time limit higher and lower.

It might be ur opinion but ur just a troll

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Xtrusion

I dont wanne act like a fanboi or anything but u can use wasd to walk and q+e to strafe left and right.
    Count down means turn based,check system settings i think u can put the time limit higher and lower.

I gave my opinion, it's a common thing to do on this forum. Get used to it or gtfo.

• shinjilockeshinjilocke Member Posts: 1

I only experience the moving/lag problem when pumping up the graphics setting. May that is your problem?

• XtrusionXtrusion Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Originally posted by Waterlily

I gave my opinion, it's a common thing to do on this forum. Get used to it or gtfo.

Thats the problem u try to make a point saying the movement is crap while it isnt.

Then u say the time limit to make some action is to slow, so i give u sollution again ur statement is not true.

Ur whole post is based on what 1 hour of playing 2 tops,thats not a common thing to do imo.

I dont care u dont like this game or that u make a lousy attempt to tell this game is crap.

Just trying to tell u next time u try to bash a game do ur homework first instead of making false arguments.

"Get used to it or gtfo"

Now thats a cool comment for a 28 year old.

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

Well he does have a point with the get used to it or gtfo, i nthe mmorpg forums its either ignore the trolls or stop visiting hte forums kauz whatever the mods do the forces of evil are omnipresent.

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

2GB is nothing these days. Unless you only play F2P games offcourse.
    The controls lag and the point and click is really annoying. You often wil click in an area and your character will not want to move there etc. You can use arrow keys but you bump into everything.
     I had no problems moving around. It was laggy at first, but they seemed to fix that day by day (Much like the logging in problem, which is gone now)
    The combat is lame, it's not really turn based, it uses count down seconds, I don't get the point of this, it just makes you spam attacks.
    The countdown forces you to think about your next action, before your actual turn. Thinking ahead. Not to mention what kind of frustration will arise when 2 players fight eachother, and both taking 15 minute turns. Its simply part of the gameplay, not only to make things go faster, but also to rise the challenge.
    There is no community in this game, just 1 channel and everything is about items, gold and grind.
    The "Community" is the type of "I wanna play games for free!!111" community. But hey, its pretty much the same with all "item shop" games. Or atleast the ones Ive tried.
    Not a good game, sorry.
    All in all: I like the turn-based combat system.. But alas, its yet another "Item Mall" game, which means I won't be playing it when it goes live. I'lle keep testing it though, just for laughs.

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

Registered to check the game.

But seems in closed beta..

• SilicorSilicor Member UncommonPosts: 18

Let's look at the big picture here. 

On the positive side:  The game is more bug free than any I have ever, and I mean ever played in beta.  Combat is most definately turn based, but the timer keeps things moving.  I find it challenging and exilerating to be under time pressure, so it works for me.  I find the game very addicting and fun.  Part of the reason is that I joined a guild with some cool folks, so I guess c ommunity is what you make of it.  The game is endlessly deep.  I find it hard to believe anyone could run out of things to do.  Combat is really fun in a turn-based way.  The more you get into the game the more formations and character selection matter.

Negatives:  Some translation problems, but manageable.  Will be a cash shop game and there is no way to tell what the costs or limitations to non-paying players will be.  The game is a black whole of time consumption.  Grinding is required, but for me so far, the most fun I've ever had grinding.  I find it hard to knock a game about this because on the other side of the spectrum you have games with no content that are boring.

I can't but help myself reccomending this game.  Just don't lose your life to it.

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

I found the controls perfectly responsive.  You do have to get used to the "corrective click control" thing they have going on.  Its a sort of preventative measure to make sure you are moving or acting exactly as you want if you try an engage a monster or use a skill inside battle at an odd time.

The chat was pretty sparse...but then, its a beta.  Most people are still feeling it out....hell its only been open for a week.  Communities ties are already starting to form up on the main site as people communicate their experiences with each other.  I don't expect much in terms of community from a game that just entered a beta...especially not one as obscure as this title.

The combat, for me, was a brilliant breath of fresh air.  Between the cut screens into combat, and the actual flow of battle itself, it was reminded of a blend between final fantasy games and Arc the Lad.  Truth be told, I've been wanting something like this for awhile now....something to break away from the boring mold I've been used to.  The combat is fluid and fast (should you want it to be) and I didn't feel like I was spamming anything.  I felt like I was acting quickly, and the controls are set up wonderfully for doing so.  Your basic attack is assigned to a left click, and you choose what skill you want assigned to right click.  Each character gets very few skills (some up to around like, 6) so its not hard to manage it. 

The ideal isn't for each member of your massive army (I think up to 9 teammates on your person) to have tons of skills...its about blending the available classes in a way that you want to get the most out of your phase.  Structuring formations and skill combinations is fun.   Either way, assuming each member of your npc team only had 3 skills....that would still give you a total of 27 skills to keep up with each battle anyway.

The weapon and armor upgrading was easy, and fun.  I didn't have to worry over failing, and the mobs reward you very very well for your efforts.  In just my first hour I had procured 30 spirit boxes, 40+ commodity boxes, and countless material boxes.  I never felt as though I were grinding at all.  In fact...I went back and "grinded" on my own free will because the combat was so much fun for me.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I must respectfully disagree to the thousandth power.  This game has earned a slot on my top 10 MMO's of all time.  Trust me when I say this...I'm a terribly fickle and picky person.  I wouldn't hand any such honors out if the game did not have some incredibly great redeeming features.  The thing is, the entire structure of the game is different than what many MMOer's would be familiar with.  It might just not be your type of game, and thats okay. 

• kingbloopkingbloop Member Posts: 180

Oh and the OP is right it isnt a good game. Its an amzing game.

i have no real issues to playing it, it lags a bit as expected around large groups of people, other than that, no problems.

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839

...And you think what you gave was opinion? Did you happen to miss class on the day where you learned the difference between fact and opinion?

You're just throwing around false facts that have 0 substance whatsoever in which anyone who has played past level 5 could prove wrong. Maybe you should get out.

Isaiah 41:10
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by kingbloop

i have no real issues to playing it, it lags a bit as expected around large groups of people, other than that, no problems.

Amazing eh? It's not good, but amazing? Well, I have a phrase for you son:

Gee--tee--eff--ohh

Lol jk, you're aiight Hollar at me in game.

Isaiah 41:10
    Originally posted by Talemire

Originally posted by kingbloop

Amazing eh? It's not good, but amazing? Well, I have a phrase for you son:

Gee--tee--eff--ohh

Lol jk, you're aiight Hollar at me in game.

Personaly i never thought that there would be a F2P game that would be like this. A massive amount of quests, and not all go kill this. Crafting is like no other i've played before, i have always love turned based games like FF. you can lvl up without even killing things thats awesome too. so yeah its amazing.

Will do homie.

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

@ Talamire. See you in the game as well.

I don't see why people really have to post complaints of the most common occurrances in the game. It's expected, but it's not as bad compared to other mmo's out there. Keep this in mind, this is F2P and there are LESS bugs experienced. I had dealt with a lot worse in other games

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287
    Originally posted by wh0astar

I don't see why people really have to post complaints of the most common occurrances in the game. It's expected, but it's not as bad compared to other mmo's out there. Keep this in mind, this is F2P and there are LESS bugs experienced. I had dealt with a lot worse in other games

A F2P AND a Beta, no less.  One might think that, given its beta status, we aught not have any place to complain about any bugs...since the very reason we are there is to help sort them out.  Even then, I see practically NO bugs at all.  In fact...I have yet to see a single bug.

If you want my ONLY complaint (and its already correctable) it would be that the in-combat cinematic cameras need to pause the timer when they go off.  I have had a few close calls that would have cost me a single characters turn over that.  However, you can simply disable the cinematic cut-away moments from the menu if you want already.  I don't actually want to do that, though, and WOULD prefer it be a little better on that end.

That said, its a beta...so its expected that I should probably TELL them about this so that they can work on it while the game is in testing.

• MatutinoMatutino Member UncommonPosts: 64

Best beta I´ve ever played in YEARS !!!

Game is very polished, even in beta, so much stuff to do, very deep content and the ver best of it: ITS PLAIN FUN !!!

Give it a try ;)

Originally posted by Gishgeron

Originally posted by wh0astar

A F2P AND a Beta, no less.  One might think that, given its beta status, we aught not have any place to complain about any bugs...since the very reason we are there is to help sort them out.  Even then, I see practically NO bugs at all.  In fact...I have yet to see a single bug.

If you want my ONLY complaint (and its already correctable) it would be that the in-combat cinematic cameras need to pause the timer when they go off.  I have had a few close calls that would have cost me a single characters turn over that.  However, you can simply disable the cinematic cut-away moments from the menu if you want already.  I don't actually want to do that, though, and WOULD prefer it be a little better on that end.

That said, its a beta...so its expected that I should probably TELL them about this so that they can work on it while the game is in testing.

you can turn it off. there is a button on the same row as the auto-battle button but on the left side. it turns thos cinematic things off.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

well either you like the turned based combat or you dont...end of story

we can argue with people over this forever it wont change anything.

i like it because its a little bit faster paced than counsel turned based games..i actually like the timer (timer has more time added with the addition of more mercenaries).  once you get your game plan down it gets much easyer, and the tutorial really helps you get the hang of it.

so in conclusion...its really fun if you liked counsol rpgs...if you hated them and prefer FPS style mmos then stick with wow or w/e you play.

• repapipsrepapips Member Posts: 450
    Originally posted by crunchyblack

well either you like the turned based combat or you dont...end of story
    we can argue with people over this forever it wont change anything.
    i like it because its a little bit faster paced than counsel turned based games..i actually like the timer (timer has more time added with the addition of more mercenaries).  once you get your game plan down it gets much easyer, and the tutorial really helps you get the hang of it.
    so in conclusion...its really fun if you liked counsol rpgs...if you hated them and prefer FPS style mmos then stick with wow or w/e you play.

That right.. it depends on your personality... if you are the type of gamer who loves Final Fantasy or other turn base combat system this game is for you

If you hate turn base system just forget theres a game called atlantica

• NicooNicoo Member UncommonPosts: 236

I tried this game a pretty long time ago actually, I was like level 12 or something. It is a very cool game, allthough it made me wanna cry, I thought "omfg FF onlinzorz copy lolz" and well, I was kinda dissapointed it was not lol. Cause, the game is not much about tactics, I dont know. Maybe level 12 is too low to argue about it but.. The game is good for the fanbois that want their turnbased mmo badly. For others.. No, dont even try it.

• MatutinoMatutino Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by Nicoo

I tried this game a pretty long time ago actually, I was like level 12 or something. It is a very cool game, allthough it made me wanna cry, I thought "omfg FF onlinzorz copy lolz" and well, I was kinda dissapointed it was not lol. Cause, the game is not much about tactics, I dont know. Maybe level 12 is too low to argue about it but.. The game is good for the fanbois that want their turnbased mmo badly. For others.. No, dont even try it.

Lol, you got to lvl 12 ? It takes 1 hour to lvl to 12.

The game is not about tactics ? ROFL ! It´s all about tactics !!! In pvp you make a bad move and can cost you the match.

You get in real pvp at lvl 30, when you get your 7-man formation. At lvl 50 you got your 9-man formation.

Try it a little more, tomorrow opens Open Beta. The game has high-depth content like guilds managing towns, crafting (you can craft almost everything), fishing, pve, pvp, etc.

• gellybeansgellybeans Member Posts: 86

Well to me, The turn based system is really impressive. I've been waiting for a TBS mmorpg for ages because the good thing about it is that you can finally have a good strategic pvp. Thinkinkg 2 steps ahead of your opponent is the secret success in winning matches in Atlantica and it gives equality to the players.

• PustulioPustulio Member Posts: 80

The TBS system is great. I can play games like this for hours.

• ithanisticithanistic Member Posts: 48

Not a good game, sorry.

Huh.? have even played the game.? well., i cant blame you., but for me atlantica online wasnt a bad game after all., in fact it is an interesting game., have you tried the automove or the alt+r.? it directs you to the quest itself or the npc you need to talk. and the combat here is nice to.,

• tikboitikboi Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by Nicoo

try to make it until level 30~40, you'll see the difference.