Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When admins delete threads you create

This is really starting to get on my nerves. I create threads, people post and enjoy it. Then some idiot gets way off topic and forces an admin to delete the thread! This means, for every post you post in that thread, every post counts for 5 rank points! This is how I went from 83 to 69 overnight! I went from 5 stars to 4 stars. It always happens and it's driving me crazy! I think there should either be less of a penalty or just no penalty.

Whenever I click on the link sent to my e-mail, it comes up with this error.

Comments

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Actually Sven, when entire threads are removed, only members who caused the removal lose points. If you were not one of those, your loss of points was for another reason elsewhere.

- Malkavian image 

"When you find youself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773

Oh, are you serious?

I feel dumb now.

Extremely dumb.

I'm going to go hide in this corner.

And never come out....

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Heh don't feel that way, it was a legitamte question im sure others might have asked later on. image

- Malkavian image

"When you find youself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

It's been asked a couple of times before and will be asked again I'm sure. Basically if your individual post doesn't get stamped with the ugly red "POST DELETED" stamp then you lose no points for it going away.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

yea that's how it works

but sometimes when a mod is pissed, they'll delete all the posts in the thread, then delete the thread..

admin said he did that once

lol

btu anyway...my 5 stars are gone tomorrow, one of the mods when on a deleting rampage in the spam section ..the thread about "pictures of your fellow mmorpg'ers"

those were old posts too..i mean, really old posts..

but what can you say?

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773

Hehe, I was fond of my last thread. "If everyday was like September 11, 2001"

I wonder why that one was deleted. ;[

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

I have all of Murt's pics saved on my HDD. His actual address is just a bonus, which I have.
    -----------------

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

do you have the new ones i just put up today? http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/setstart/141/loadthread/11077/loadforum/468/loadclass/35

lol, ALL of them?

i have ALL of yours also..

but my address...how the hell?

are you stalking me?

lol

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by Kiamde

I have all of Murt's pics saved on my HDD. His actual address is just a bonus, which I have.

Just out of curiosity...WHY?

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

--------------------------------------------

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

For one, I think a post being deleted for being off topic should be solely upto the topic starter.

Secondly....Murt and Kiamde. You two needa be locked up. And far, far, far away from each other.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Remember when you posted the box which held your Radeon 9800Xt you won? I saved it. I could find you so easily if I wanted to.::::20::

Well not that I would ever scare him like that but if he ticked me off....::;^)::

-----------------

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

LOL!!!

man, you msut have sat there for hours re enhancing the pixels using photoshop or something...

you read that LITTLE address on the box which holds...held, sorry, my radeon 9800 xt!?

wow..

i'm scared.

lolimage

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869
    I was getting very political hope I wasn't the cause for the thread to be deleted. There was a post after mine that I never got to read. So I guess I will never know.