Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you are new to the game, the Gaheris server is a great place to learn your way around.

LedrirLedrir Member UncommonPosts: 69

I have just returned to the game and I decided to give the Gaheris server a try. This server is pve only but it has a great community and people are really helpful there.  Leveling is very fast on this server and all areas are open since all the realms are aligned. Also you get a free level every two days and a realm point for each level from 20 to 50.

If you are interested in trying the game out, this server is a great place to learn your way around and it has a friendly, helpful community.  I play a paladin named Ledrir on Gaheris. If I am on, feel free to message me for help or if you have any questions. 

Edit:

There is a free 2 week trial that can be downloaded at:

http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/download/

I'm not sure what expansions come with the client download. There are 4 expansion downloads on their site. You can dowload all of the expansions.  Trials of Atlantis and Catacombs are free so download them if they are not included with the client download. Darkness Rising and Labrynth of the Minotaur you have to pay to activate.

The order of the expansions:

Trials of Atlantis

Catacombs

Darkness Rising

Labrynth of the Minotaur

If you want to play on a pvp server I would recommend the classic ruleset.  The servers for classic are Gareth, Lamorak and Ector.  Mythic is planning on releasing a new server called Origins sometime soon so you can start fresh with everyone else on that server if you want to.

Comments

• CotswoldCotswold Member Posts: 70

Another few reasons the Co-op server is a good place to start your DAoC adventure:

1. Playing all the diff. classes from all 3 realms while still being able to play with a guild or friends and share a house/vault is a major bonus for learning what you want to play as a main if you do move on to a RvR server.

2.  Everything is so cheap on Gaheris.  With all the good drops being farmed etc. you can find nearly anything on the housing merchants for dirt cheap.  Also most of the player base there has more $ than they know what to do with so selling drops for $ isn't high on the list of things to do.

3.  No fear of messing up your toon or gear.  No need to worry that your spec isn't "uber" or your temp is weak or you are beating up a purple con drop (if it gives you the bonuses wear it, you can replace it for cheap).  Worry about learning the game, then all these "details".

4.  Nearly everyone who plays on Gaheris has RvR toons so finding a guild or crafters/players/groups on a RvR server will be easy,

5.  Learning the siege system in the frontiers is a lot easier when you don't have to worry about being rolled... plus the "PvE keep siege" is a blast and honestly all DAoC players should give it a try at least once. 

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

I was thinking about returning so thanks . Also, I believe the trial includes Shrouded Isles and Catacombs.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.