Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avatar: The Last Airbender mmorpg?

elphaba001elphaba001 Member Posts: 2

How do you think that would go?

I LOVED the Avatar series and think it could work as a mmorpg.

You could choose a nation to play in and master your chosen element and fight and such.....

I dunno, what do you think?

none now

Comments

• chewbacca_47chewbacca_47 Member Posts: 3

Here's my idea!!! 

They should create a game that takes place in a folkish martial arts era, with people who have elemental powers, mix in some ninja baddies and release it as Naruto: The MMORPG

This way, the game could be  vaguely authentic.

• HypeHype Member CommonPosts: 270

I'd love an Avatar MMO... has a great world... seems more authentic than Naruto to me...  -shrug-

The Illusion of Choice

• ZodiaEclipseZodiaEclipse Member Posts: 100

Nick actually put one online at www.avatarlegends.com but I've not been able to make it run. Don't get your hopes up, the avatars look pretty sloppy.

• baldor_2306baldor_2306 Member Posts: 12

that might sound interesting, who knows isnt it until we'll see it and play it!lol

• avatar is one of best anime/cartoons around.. very intersting story, the environment, elements, everything! making an mmorpg for this one would be a sure hit.. each players having their own unique skills and elements to control, set within the mythical places just like in the cartoons.. i hope they develop this one, and also naruto as well

• nywlanasnywlanas Member Posts: 334

weeell. i dunno. i think avatar looks good on television. but then making it an mmorpg would mean redoing the storyline and stuff which is already done by the series - not at all bad, not all good too.

who knows though? if they made hello kitty an mmo.. maybe they could do it with this one.

• Melamine_ManMelamine_Man Member Posts: 13

Yeah, that would be cool. in addition

the graphics should be the same on the series (anime style).

That will make a new hot hot game, yeah they'll call us

Benders! Wooo!

• HypeHype Member CommonPosts: 270

The way cel-shading works nowadays, this could be awesome, and I think a combat system with checks and balances and counters that is based partially on where and when the battle takes place could be awesome.  I don't think anyone will give it the full effort it deserves, though, especially now that the show is over.

They can't even do more than relatively cheap fighting games for Naruto, just like DBZ.

The Illusion of Choice

• NalestomNalestom Member Posts: 47

I don't see why they couldn't do that (I'm sure it'd certainly sell, too) considering they've made Hello Kitty an MMO, and have made plenty of Naruto games, as well as Dragonball Z.

The only thing that would really require a lot of thought might be a new storyline, as well as major character customization.

• starfruitstarfruit Member Posts: 5

I'd love to see Toph Bei Fong in action!

• NeveraNevera Member Posts: 1

I think they should, because if they put full effort into it, it would probably be a pretty popular game seeing as to how the series is only going to get more popular with the movies that will be coming out. :)

• OreoDipOreoDip Member Posts: 2

lol nick games are terrible...

even if a game was made based on the elements of avatar and the way people use their powers it would be ridiculously cool, but probably difficult to design.  I'd much rather be an avatar than the kind of stereotypical, bowman mage thief warrior

• rrhillsrrhills Member UncommonPosts: 14

make the mmo in the 100 years that the Avatar is in the ice that way you could have all the big battles and still have all 4 bender types. just think of all the mounts you could have in the game or play toons that dont have any bending at all like Jet and the bounty hunter on the ant eater sorry cant think of her name.

• frxsuperiorfrxsuperior Member Posts: 6

Yeah.. having all bender types would be cool. Also it would be great to make it dynamic fightscenes like the one in battles of Fantasy Earth Zero. I like the Avatar. Hope some game developer checks this site and produces one. image

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

If theres any chance for them to make the Avatar series into an honest MMO I think the movies would have to do amazingly well.  The show did do great, but they would probably need to see a much greater audience for the IP before they took it seriously.

I'd love to see it though.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Do you think people would be able to get past the Yaoi pretenses that exist throughout the story?

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• areggieareggie Member Posts: 5
    For me, I think that when this turns into an MMO, people will get past that Yaoi feel of the Avatar. Air bending looks cool and I want to try it even if just in a game.

Death is upon us when the moon is glowing red.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by areggie

For me, I think that when this turns into an MMO, people will get past that Yaoi feel of the Avatar. Air bending looks cool and I want to try it even if just in a game.

Think they would do some politically correct thing and run the lore through a grinder?

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

Originally posted by VirusDancer

Do you think people would be able to get past the Yaoi pretenses that exist throughout the story?

example? I've seen the entire series and I haven't seen anything like that.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo