Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Population?

2»

Comments

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Im on  vet trial I can go in and take some screenies if you want tell me which servers and what locations....

• DkevlarDkevlar Member Posts: 308

k try the servers suggested. bria, chimaera and whatever was said.

I dont know where you are from , but remember time zones, prime time on US servers is not prime time on euro servers. going to chimaera for example when it is 03:00 after midnight in europe will mean you'll find almost no one.

• vet-in-exilevet-in-exile Member Posts: 239
    Originally posted by Dkevlar

Chimaera is far from dead. Bria is far from  dead. Last time i checked there were at least 5 servers that were not dead.

Which of course isn't a sign that the game is doing well...just that people are dumb enough to pay SOE $100 to move their characters to those five servers.

I dont think anyone in their right mind will say the game is going strong. At least you'll not get that from me.

I'm honest  i dont know all servers, not was I ever inclined to.My main server was always been eclipse with some ocasional runs into chimaera . where i have a good number of friends playing. Yet, i will not pay soe or anyone else $ to transfer characters unless it is a minimal value (like 20 tops)  I'm not even sure about the price, but it is not a question of $- i make about 100 in 45 minutes or so, it is just of principle. by default i'm the one ripping of people by charging high on my services, not being ripped of. 

now swg has .. 5 years. It is natural that to have dead servers. I mean my emeriss (wow eu server) his half dead and i know at least 8 more servers that also are. That was a result of people transfering for a certain battlegroup due to hype and what not.

Should  i go to emeriss and those other 8 servers and  take some ss's and start saying "wow is dead", or when asked about "what are the most populated servers" give my input?

• vet-in-exilevet-in-exile Member Posts: 239

I dont think anyone in their right mind will say the game is going strong. At least you'll not get that from me.
    I'm honest  i dont know all servers, not was I ever inclined to.My main server was always been eclipse with some ocasional runs into chimaera . where i have a good number of friends playing. Yet, i will not pay soe or anyone else $ to transfer characters unless it is a minimal value (like 20 tops)  I'm not even sure about the price, but it is not a question of $- i make about 100 in 45 minutes or so, it is just of principle. by default i'm the one ripping of people by charging high on my services, not being ripped of. 
    now swg has .. 5 years. It is natural that to have dead servers. I mean my emeriss (wow eu server) his half dead and i know at least 8 more servers that also are. That was a result of people transfering for a certain battlegroup due to hype and what not.
    Should  i go to emeriss and those other 8 servers and  take some ss's and start saying "wow is dead", or when asked about "what are the most populated servers" give my input?

Maybe you haven't read their posts but people like Obraik, ummax and gutboy are always telling people that the servers are well-populated and there are thousands of new people coming into the game every day. You are the first pro-SOE poster who has at least admitted the truth that the game has a very small population.

maybe because i'm not pro-soe? Some of "you" guys got so ... i dont know even the word.. hurt maybe? .. that you see the world in white and black. like pro and against soe ...there is a lot of colours out there, tho moslty tones of grey. By not seein it , you guys lost touch with some that play the game for the game and have nothing or want nothing about the vet vs soe war. it is not our crusade and tbh we are kind of tired of being throw into it.

i am not fighting for no race, ethics or morale, i'm not redeeming anyone. Personally i'm pro-myself and nothing or no one more.(regarding swg) 

I like the game for what it was and the little that still is, I don't really give a damn about what soe did in past or will do in the future. I live here and now, since tomorrow i might be struck by lightning and all this pointless conversation about future of swg or anything else will have lost it's meaning (For me at least).

edited.

edited2: the "you"i used is not a direct reference. your posts are actually normally more open minded than most that appear to be rabid anti swg'ers (notice anti swg not anti soe. since i see no reason to debate SOE) that don't really care about injuring the current player base (no matter if small or big).  Because of that they are as bad or even worst than SOE. Corporations are by essence unfriendly and uncaring, seeing the same in individuals in situations where they have no gains apart some weird sensation of victory is disturbing.

• Costanza420Costanza420 Member Posts: 77
    Originally posted by vet-in-exile

You are the first pro-SOE poster who has at least admitted the truth that the game has a very small population.

Why is everyone who doesn't march in lockstep with YOU "pro-SOE"? That's simply ridiculous.

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630
    Originally posted by vet-in-exile

Maybe you haven't read their posts but people like Obraik, ummax and gutboy are always telling people that the servers are well-populated and there are thousands of new people coming into the game every day. You are the first pro-SOE poster who has at least admitted the truth that the game has a very small population.

Can you for once not bend the truth. I HAVE never stated that all servers are well populated and that there are thousands of players joining each day. I also do not say that there are 10,000 players and that the game population is dropping in large chunks and the shut down message wil be made in a few days like some vets say.

There are 3 very populated servers, and 5 to 6 more that have very good populations, the other servers have a much smaller population and 1, Kauri has a tiny population. I personaly play on a "light" population server and have a great time. For someone who has to have lots of people to see on the radar to have fun go to the 3 high population servers.

maybe because i'm not pro-soe? Some of "you" guys got so ... i dont know even the word.. hurt maybe? .. that you see the world in white and black. like pro and against soe ...there is a lot of colours out there, tho moslty tones of grey. By not seein it , you guys lost touch with some that play the game for the game and have nothing or want nothing about the vet vs soe war. it is not our crusade and tbh we are kind of tired of being throw into it.
     i am not fighting for no race, ethics or morale, i'm not redeeming anyone. Personally i'm pro-myself and nothing or no one more.(regarding swg) 
    I like the game for what it was and the little that still is, I don't really give a damn about what soe did in past or will do in the future. I live here and now, since tomorrow i might be struck by lightning and all this pointless conversation about future of swg or anything else will have lost it's meaning (For me at least).
    edited.
    edited2: the "you"i used is not a direct reference. your posts are actually normally more open minded than most that appear to be rabid anti swg'ers (notice anti swg not anti soe. since i see no reason to debate SOE) that don't really care about injuring the current player base (no matter if small or big).  Because of that they are as bad or even worst than SOE. Corporations are by essence unfriendly and uncaring, seeing the same in individuals in situations where they have no gains apart some weird sensation of victory is disturbing.

I am still waiting for a worthy comeback,  by any of the usuals,  on this.

• HastorHadronHastorHadron Member Posts: 187
    Originally posted by kavli

Im a pre-cu player and thinking of trying swg out once more.

Hows the population? which server is the most populated and so on...

I would think Bria west coast and Bloodfin east coast and Chimaera for Europe. Although the populations will be nothing like the ones you saw pre-cu.

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910
    Originally posted by Raizeen

the devs them self said the game is broken and no plan on fixing whats the point in playing this game anymore

Hell, whats the point of anything.

Do whatever it is you enjoy and do it often.

Life is very short.

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.