Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installing issues?

PlaidpantsPlaidpants Member UncommonPosts: 267

Ok so I posted this in the official Vanguard connection support forum yesterday but no luck yet. I've run a virus scan and deleted all the files and downloaded directly off the official website but still had the same problem. If anyone could help it would be great.

"

Hey I just bought the game today - through digital download - well all that worked out fine... got the download for the vanguard patcher and I started patching. Everything's normal... bought a 4 hour patch..

Then after 30 minutes it says "download cancelled"..

Now I keep getting this message..

"Beginning download

Download:

P0001_C0001_R0001_Z0001_harbor_mesh_usx...

Decompress:

P0001_C0001_R0001_Z0001_harbor_mesh_usx

Warning: File size does not match: Local 39447821 vs. server 39447843, possible mid-push

Please try again or restart the application."

Does the same thing everytime I restart it or do file scan instead of exiting it out and rebooting it... just download that those 2 files and cancels... Not very good with computers... dunno if this problem is listed in this forum.. will keep checking but anyway help would be awesome.. thanks"

Comments

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

Grrr... sounds frustrating.  I don't know what the problem is.  A post on the site is good, have you also gone to Sony's help-site?  They are usually pretty quick to respond.

• JostersJosters Member Posts: 73

hmmm

weird one is that mesh file in your mesh folder?

try deleting it...although it probably isn't...oh well no idea sry

• PlaidpantsPlaidpants Member UncommonPosts: 267

I'm giving it another fresh start... and am in line to chat with a Sony tech now so hopefully will get it resolved fairly soon. I googled my problem and I saw 1 similar problem on a different forum - although he never really got a response and the tech people made him download some 15 hour thing that never did anything to fix it haha.

Oh well.. we'll see.

haha - no luck again... and the Sony tech only had me disable all startup programs and disable my firewall... which of course didn't work.

I want my $30 back tbh... but im sure thats not going to happen.. but I still want to play the game..

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

Find that file it mentions and delete it.  That should fix the problem.  It will redownload it.

---
    Ethion

• Da1eDa1e Member Posts: 357
    Originally posted by Plaidpants

haha - no luck again... and the Sony tech only had me disable all startup programs and disable my firewall... which of course didn't work.

I want my $30 back tbh... but im sure thats not going to happen.. but I still want to play the game..

I'd try googling the exact error,

always other people encountering the same problem as yourself these days!

or re-install. You got the discs? you could try downloading the client?

----------------
    Hello!

Ok - well I don't have the disks I paid for a digital download... but i went into the router setting and turned the dmz off... was enabled and everything seems to be working now... finally got past that file but hopefully it continues working. (crosses fingers)

• Da1eDa1e Member Posts: 357

congratulations :)

----------------
    Hello!