Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New gfx available to all

VioletteViolette Member UncommonPosts: 119

Yesterday's update made the "HD" graphics available to both free and paying members. Fullscreen is available only for members though...

Just wanted to post the news ;)

Comments

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Now if they only worked on the sound effects (music is surprisingly good...not quality wise but the melodies are kinda catchy and fit the game...props to the one guy who makes all the songs!)

Looked good for a Java game before, but now it's almost like a real game that cost millions to produce...just with a sub-par art style.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Yeh I tried the graphics they're OK. Also out is item lending.

?

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by Ascension08

Now if they only worked on the sound effects (music is surprisingly good...not quality wise but the melodies are kinda catchy and fit the game...props to the one guy who makes all the songs!)

I agree, RS has very nice music.  I still remember the beginning song, as well as the Al-khard one

• appelappel Member Posts: 53

LOL runescape.....

• parrc_savantparrc_savant Member Posts: 5

The new graphics all thought they may nit be mind bending are nonetheless far superior to before....

Which goes to contradict this growing notion of Jagex's "ruination" of the game

Item lending is simply yet another of Jagex's attempts to make people deal with the trade limit....which begs the question how long this will continue until people shut up about it

Nonwithstanding item lending is a scam free way of helping your friends and even without the trade limit it would be a useful update

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

New graphics with no fullscreen = no improvement. Fullscreen requiring membership = ridiculous money grab.

• sykoticssykotics Member UncommonPosts: 74

i fucking loved the runescape dance..omg it was so damn awsome..oh yea anyways i also share the same view as the other 2 abt the music in RS being good. it was.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Even in high detail we still have faceless noobs.  In order to have a face it needs to be on your players body, not in some npc screen in order to see it. That was a pretty lame attempt at a face for players.  I wasn't impressed with hd, maybe i have been looking at too many good games for too long.

• amescoamesco Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by deviliscious

Even in high detail we still have faceless noobs.  In order to have a face it needs to be on your players body, not in some npc screen in order to see it. That was a pretty lame attempt at a face for players.  I wasn't impressed with hd, maybe i have been looking at too many good games for too long.

The HD did dissapoint me too, and the fact that it was slower than a turtle. Every two steps it lagged and it looked like someone had spilt whiteout all over it. The previews actually looked better than the actual thing. This was a really bad way of making up for their mistakes.

• Jordan23tJordan23t Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by amesco

The HD did dissapoint me too, and the fact that it was slower than a turtle. Every two steps it lagged and it looked like someone had spilt whiteout all over it. The previews actually looked better than the actual thing. This was a really bad way of making up for their mistakes.

Wow, The new HD update is fine for me, NO lag at all and im using a Laptop, You must have a old computer, or need to update.

??ˆ??˜“°'*ªºª*'°”`˜`ˆ??ˆ??˜“°'*ªºª*'°”`˜`ˆ??ˆ??˜“°'*ªºª*'°”`˜`ˆ?

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124

I have to agree that the old graphics made players look better. Now they look like aliens without faces. It kind of creeps me out. Especially, when wearing hoods such as Ahrim's hood or a ghostly hood. Most people would think that a player's character is the first thing a player looks at when playing so shouldn;t have been a priority of Jagex's to make player's characters considerably better. I like what they did to the environment but they really missed the mark on these new updates when they forgot about updating the graphics of players characters. Not to mention the numerous glitches that have gone unchanged for weeks even though players report them.

• exel134exel134 Member Posts: 41

that is because it was beta,you shouldnt expect a beta to be all good,but i have to agree after the beta it is kind of laggy,the players look worse than before if you ask me

hmmmm

• amescoamesco Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by exel134

that is because it was beta,you shouldnt expect a beta to be all good,but i have to agree after the beta it is kind of laggy,the players look worse than before if you ask me

Actually I quit my membership so I didn't try it while they were beta testing it. I tried it when it was for free players and if that was bad I don't want to know how the beta looked. Like you said we shouldn't expect beta to look so good.

Actually I quit my membership so I didn't try it while they were beta testing it. I tried it when it was for free players and if that was bad I don't want to know how the beta looked. Like you said we shouldn't expect beta to look so good.

yes you do NOT want to know, lol

hmmmm

Originally posted by Jordan23t

Wow, The new HD update is fine for me, NO lag at all and im using a Laptop, You must have a old computer, or need to update.

you either logged on BEFORE the lagging or AFTER cause seriously when i was there one step at a time so i didnt even bother to move i shouldnt of even logged in,i swear oh my god everytime i typed something in and entered it it comes up like 2 minutes later,but when farming came out it was twice that lag trust me O_O it was horrible

hmmmm

Originally posted by Matt269

I have to agree that the old graphics made players look better. Now they look like aliens without faces. It kind of creeps me out. Especially, when wearing hoods such as Ahrim's hood or a ghostly hood. Most people would think that a player's character is the first thing a player looks at when playing so shouldn;t have been a priority of Jagex's to make player's characters considerably better. I like what they did to the environment but they really missed the mark on these new updates when they forgot about updating the graphics of players characters. Not to mention the numerous glitches that have gone unchanged for weeks even though players report them.

i agree, i got banned for finding one,seriously man i wasted my time on the game and got banned just like that i received about 3.3 black marks for that one report -_-

hmmmm

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

i agree, i got banned for finding one,seriously man i wasted my time on the game and got banned just like that i received about 3.3 black marks for that one report -_-

You don't get banned for finding a glitch that is  the point of beta testing for testing and finding a glitch and then them fixing it..also reading your recent posts I doubt its true

?

Originally posted by AkaJetson

You don't get banned for finding a glitch that is  the point of beta testing for testing and finding a glitch and then them fixing it..also reading your recent posts I doubt its true

i found the glitch after beta testing.

hmmmm