Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FlagShip Studios still in operation

alienikalienik Member UncommonPosts: 16

Flagship Studios Still in Operations

San Francisco, CA (July 14, 2008) -- Flagship Studios has announced today that despite rumors to the contrary, the company is still operating.

“It is with deep regret that I must announce that Flagship Studios has laid off most employees. However, the core management and founding team members are still at Flagship.” said Bill Roper, CEO of Flagship Studios. “The past five years have been an incredible experience for us, but unfortunately, we couldn’t sustain the size of the company any longer.”

Flagship Studios owns the rights to all its technology and IP, including Hellgate: London and Mythos. Due to the current situation, Flagship will not be taking any new subscribers for Hellgate: London, and all current subscriptions will not be billed.

Flagship wishes to extend their heartfelt thanks to those that have supported the company and games over the past five years.

About Flagship Studios

Flagship Studios is a creator of innovative entertainment software, designing games that focused on ease of play, replayability, and fun. The studio was formed in 2003 by former executives and developers from Blizzard North® and represents the creators of the worldwide, best-selling Diablo® franchise. With members that are renowned within the gaming industry, Flagship Studios and its Flagship Seattle division embodies a team that has worked together for over a decade and have numerous #1-selling games and multiple Game of the Year awards to their credit.

So.. we have little more info about this problem.. its unsatisfying for now.. but nevermind... they promise more info later..

worser is..  Scapes, FSS10 are laid.. :( and many of great ppl too.. so.. loots of luck to u guys... ;P  

and for gamers.. LET'S PLAY AGAIN!!

hope to see u online :)

Comments

• d00fbysanchod00fbysancho Member Posts: 219

If they are staying alive thats good to hear but does this mean HG will be free for all now? and the free players get the sub bonuses?

• KalayKalay Member Posts: 154

Oh great, I put a subscription though last week for 3 months.  

AGGRAVATION!

GlassEye

• alienikalienik Member UncommonPosts: 16

actually i dont know what about sub status :(.. maybe everyone will be.. (better option) or noone ..

we will see in close future

• daffasdaffas Member Posts: 56

I bought the game yesterday, will I be able to go online?  Or aren't they letting any one new play online. 

Thank you

• SundersGhostSundersGhost Member Posts: 224

Yes, you just can not SUBSCRIBE, which has some diferent features (Not many) from the non Sub online account.

• daffasdaffas Member Posts: 56

Ok, sweet.  Thankyou I wonder if they will release all content now so everyone can enjoy the subscriber benifts without paying now.

Originally posted by SundersGhost

Yes, you just can not SUBSCRIBE, which has some diferent features (Not many) from the non Sub online account.

not many?? :D subs have a lot of stuff only for they.. i wanna start sub after holidays .. but now.. i dont know if it will be open again.. and Patch 2.0 is full of new stuff for subs.. so.. GIMME CHANCE TO SUB! :D

but, HG:L is great game anyway :) Im glad to see some1 who bought it :) 

• KillerEwokKillerEwok Member UncommonPosts: 118

whew, close call, I'm glad the game servers will still be up and running

but for how long.. ?? maybe week.. maybe two.. maybe year..

i cant play game when i know, one day when i wake up server will be down.. and my charrs will be erased..

• KillerEwokKillerEwok Member UncommonPosts: 118

At least you can play it :P

My comp is terrible, I can load into maybe 1 zone then if I leave it takes about 5-10 mins to go back to town, rinse and repeat

i bought new Graphic card and RAM because of HG:L :D

i had terrible lags, low fps and looong loadings.. now.. its everythink fine :)

• Much was done wrong and something done right with Hellgate: London. As for what the future holds, looks like we'll have to wait till these coming weekdays to see what's really going on.

• SoldarithSoldarith Member Posts: 184

It really is a shame how this game was released, the company and the title had massive potential. Unfortunately, rushing a very buggy and very unfinished product out the door may have cost them everything -- They have never been able to recover since the botched release of HG:L.

You only get one first release and first impression and Flagship completely bombed on both. I am sure that many in the industry and gamers will be very wery of any future dealings with Flagship. I

know that for me, personally, I will not even consider purchasing a FSS video game until at least 6-9 months after the product releases and I read forums to understand how players are accepting it.

• faefrostfaefrost Member Posts: 199

I have a question for the MMORPG.COM folks. What is the threshold that determines whether a game or "ex-game" gets a board and attention here? And at what point does HGL actually cross it in the downward direction.

It is obvious that this is for all intents and purposes a dead game. No more new subscriptions. No more billing. The actual IP tied up in intercontinental legal struggles. Lets face it... it's done.

Maybe create a games "Graveyard" section in the forums where such clinkers such as HGL and Dark and Light can be tossed, away from the actual released and available games. Somewhere where people can discuss them and vent complaints, but which doesn't give them the air of marketing respectability that a regular game forum does here?

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by faefrost

I have a question for the MMORPG.COM folks. What is the threshold that determines whether a game or "ex-game" gets a board and attention here? And at what point does HGL actually cross it in the downward direction.
    It is obvious that this is for all intents and purposes a dead game. No more new subscriptions. No more billing. The actual IP tied up in intercontinental legal struggles. Lets face it... it's done.
    Maybe create a games "Graveyard" section in the forums where such clinkers such as HGL and Dark and Light can be tossed, away from the actual released and available games. Somewhere where people can discuss them and vent complaints, but which doesn't give them the air of marketing respectability that a regular game forum does here?

You know, I've asked for many a game here to be removed when it was found to be dead or involved in shady operations ( DnL being one of the major ones ). I never thought of a way to remove the game and it's advertising ability without removing it's forum, so that people could still discuss it. And here you come with an easy solution. An mmorpg graveyard section.

I like that idea.

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Zorvan

You know, I've asked for many a game here to be removed when it was found to be dead or involved in shady operations ( DnL being one of the major ones ). I never thought of a way to remove the game and it's advertising ability without removing it's forum, so that people could still discuss it. And here you come with an easy solution. An mmorpg graveyard section.

I like that idea.

HGL was added because there was an outcry of MMORPG.com regulars who purchased the game. The main argument was if Guild Wars is here, why isn't HGL since the mechanics are very similar.

As far as the game goes, Tiggs stated  that HGL isn't shutting down soon. My guess is that FSS lost Mythos to Hanbitsoft but still have control of HGL for the time being.

Here's the link: http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/showthread.php?t=108041

• neoncoyoteneoncoyote Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by Kalay

AGGRAVATION!

Shaddap and quit your crying :P  I bought a LIFETIME subscription! 

Originally posted by Alekhin

Originally posted by Zorvan

I like that idea.

HGL was added because there was an outcry of MMORPG.com regulars who purchased the game. The main argument was if Guild Wars is here, why isn't HGL since the mechanics are very similar.

Yeah, I know. Guild Wars doesn't belong either.

As far as the game goes, Tiggs stated  that HGL isn't shutting down soon. My guess is that FSS lost Mythos to Hanbitsoft but still have control of HGL for the time being.

Here's the link: http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/showthread.php?t=108041

All Tiggs says is HG:L won't close down this month. There's what, 8 or 9 days left in July? Better enjoy 'em.

Originally posted by neoncoyote

Originally posted by Kalay

AGGRAVATION!

Shaddap and quit your crying :P  I bought a LIFETIME subscription! 

You know what's interesting? If Hanbitsoft intends to keep Hellgate: London available to NA/EU, then they have to honor the lifetime subs. If they cancel out HG:L here and keep it available only in Korea, then they don't.

Better make nice with some Korean buddies, 'cause that's where you'll be playin'.

Tiggs just clarified that HGL is NOT going away at the end of the month. Maybe FSS is working something out?

http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/showthread.php?t=108069

Since word spreads fast around here and this thread needs a boost I can tell you this much... news will be coming soon for you folks. The game isn't going anywhere at the end of the month like the speculation has it nor is the forums. So you are stuck with Hellgate and the forums for a while

Originally posted by Alekhin

Tiggs just clarified that HGL is NOT going away at the end of the month. Maybe FSS is working something out?
    http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/showthread.php?t=108069
    Since word spreads fast around here and this thread needs a boost I can tell you this much... news will be coming soon for you folks. The game isn't going anywhere at the end of the month like the speculation has it nor is the forums. So you are stuck with Hellgate and the forums for a while

Which is exactly the same thing she said in the link you provided in the post I responded to above. This simply means you have a guaranteed 10 days of HG:L. They could dump the game on August 1st, and she would not be lying.

Read between the lines, man They're stringing you along to keep people buying the game up until the last possible moment.

Originally posted by Nadia

www.massively.com/2008/07/23/hellgate-london-saved-by-namco-bandai/
    one thing isn't vague at all: Hellgate: London now has an official game page on the Namco-Bandai site.

"the servers are not going away in the short term "

More vague crap, no determinate answer.

IMO Mythos is lost to Hanbitsoft but HGL is not part of the deal. Comerica Bank holds the rights unless a deal can be struck. And it looks like there is a good chance it will happen. I would be really surprised if the game shut down on August 1.