Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wait to skip an ad?

devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Another new wonderful improvement added to logging into runescape is you now have to wait to skip an advertisement before you can log in to F2P! They must really be getting hard up for $. LOL! Glad they waited until after they killed the wilderness to do this, trying to mass log into a world for wars would have been a nightmare... It would be all like" sorry you guys got slaughtered .. I was waiting to skip an ad."

PS. for any of you that think that 9 seconds would not matter in a log in .. try to log 1,000 players into a world all at once, you have to do it very fast and you fill the world up before other clans catch wind of it and log into the same world to crash the war.  It is timed down to the second to make it work. But I guess none of that matters since all of those clans quit and the wildreness was demolished.

Comments

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

60k members....pffft...

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

This is like the most little thing ever to complain about, but then i remember that's what you do

?

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Actually the whole wait to log in thing was not a little thing when you are trying to log into a full server or are mass logging for a war, it can make you miss your chance to log in, when we would mass log on site for  a war in deep wilderness as your clan members logged in you had to fight immediately. Often loggin into an area where you are massively outnumbered until the rest of you team arrives. Being one of the first to log into a world for this it was my job to hold the area until the rest arrived which the longer that takes the longer it would take for my reinforcements to arrive so considering I was outnumbered 100 to one  in a multicombat area at the time 9 seconds really does matter, you can be dead in much less than that. 

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by AkaJetson

This is like the most little thing ever to complain about, but then i remember that's what you do

you know it is pretty funny my friends often tell me I am the happiest person they know. I  look for the good in all things, but that is very hard to do with Jagex these days, I used to defend them until  I finally could not anymore. There are good things in runescape but they keep just  dishing out more bad, instead of enhancing the best parts of the game.  I have listed the good things on this thread in developers corner:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/178837

I just wish they would pull their heads out and realize what is actually good about their game keep that and fix the rest.. then they would have a great game.

Originally posted by AkaJetson

Not really.

Considering the raise of subscription prices as well as these new ads, one can only think that they're losing money.

• TussTuss Member Posts: 103

Me thinks that they need money because of the graphic updates.

I lost all my dignity a long time ago.

Originally posted by Tuss

I honestly find that doubtful.

Considering they have around 900k members, I highly doubt they are short on cash.

• amescoamesco Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by mike470

Originally posted by Tuss

I honestly find that doubtful.

Considering they have around 900k members, I highly doubt they are short on cash.

Maybye, but unless you worked at Jagex you can't really say. For all we know the graphics update might have costed close to millions allthough I doubt it did because If you have seen the graphics they really screwed up on it.

• amescoamesco Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by deviliscious

Actually the whole wait to log in thing was not a little thing when you are trying to log into a full server or are mass logging for a war, it can make you miss your chance to log in, when we would mass log on site for  a war in deep wilderness as your clan members logged in you had to fight immediately. Often loggin into an area where you are massively outnumbered until the rest of you team arrives. Being one of the first to log into a world for this it was my job to hold the area until the rest arrived which the longer that takes the longer it would take for my reinforcements to arrive so considering I was outnumbered 100 to one  in a multicombat area at the time 9 seconds really does matter, you can be dead in much less than that. 

I see what you mean and when you put it that way it does matter a lot. I have never been in a clan war so I wouldn't know. My clan would have been outnumbered anyways. (not enough people)