Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eve online features in Earthrise :)

Ive read the site and the fan sites basically this game is a Sci-fi FPS MMO with Eve rules.

Crafting in ER consists of Designing blueprints and manufacturing from them.

FFA pvp in Low sec areas and high sec safe zones with guards like Eve

Insurance/Cloning like Eve online.

Skill based system that can be advanced Offline is also similar to eve.

I think it's funny that the game is basically Eve with FPS combat instead of spaceship combat.

I'm a big fan of Eve and totally think Earthrise will kick ass,in no way am I bashing ER for sharing similarities with Eve.

I've been looking for a game that took Eve,UO,SWG and FPS combat and made a New IP.

I think its a spectacular move.

Can't wait for this bad boy!!!

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

Comments

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

Well they did say that the gameplay was mostly inspired by Ultima Online and EVE online.

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by metalhead980

Ive read the site and the fan sites basically this game is a Sci-fi FPS MMO with Eve rules.
    Not quite.  It consists of making a prototype item and then using that blueprint to manufacture in bulk.
    The above correct.
    Incorrect.  The skill system is earned actively.  This isn't some push button calculator mumbo jumbo like EVE has.  The offline career advancement is just a way for players to earn a little bit extra of cash when they're not online.
    I think it's funny that the game is basically Eve with FPS combat instead of spaceship combat.
    Earthrise is more traditional RPG combat than FPS.  There will still be stikcy targeting, no locational hitboxes, et cetera.

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

Honestly I think this game will improve a lot of things over EVE. A more active combat system and a true skill-based system is sexy.

• FischerBlackFischerBlack Member Posts: 573

Almost every thread on the OF has people comparing ER's planned features to EVE. It seems like just about all the folks following this game are currently playing EVE.

If Masthead can take some of EVE's core and improve on it, I will be a very happy camper.

• optik_typeroptik_typer Member Posts: 3

I just hope the PVP system isnt liek another point shoot, but something similar to neocron aiming wise.

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Nevermind, I already responded to the OP... two months ago.

Originally posted by optik_typer

I just hope the PVP system isnt liek another point shoot, but something similar to neocron aiming wise.

It is going to be soft aim or in other words you still have to help the crosshairs but either than that it locks on its self.   

• anubis93anubis93 Member Posts: 20

I am surprised I haven't heard many people comparing this to an improved version of Anarchy Online.  That is if it's good and lives up to what it says it will with the skill and crafting system.  The lore is even somewhat the same.  If this is good then Anarchy Online could bite it when this releases. 

• RabiatorRabiator Member Posts: 358
    Originally posted by anubis93

I am surprised I haven't heard many people comparing this to an improved version of Anarchy Online.  That is if it's good and lives up to what it says it will with the skill and crafting system.  The lore is even somewhat the same.  If this is good then Anarchy Online could bite it when this releases. 

Since we're at picking comparisons:

To me it looks like an improved version of Neocron. Which was way ahead of its time on features, but unfortunately the implementation sucked. Otherwise it might have supplanted Star Wars Galaxies  when SOE fucked that one up...

• andredocandredoc Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Originally posted by metalhead980

I'm a big fan of Eve and totally think Earthrise will kick ass,in no way am I bashing ER for sharing similarities with Eve.
    I've been looking for a game that took Eve,UO,SWG and FPS combat and made a New IP.
    I think its a spectacular move.
    Can't wait for this bad boy!!!

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

A little off topic; is this game ship based or ground base? Or even both?

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

EVE is an awesome game, Earthrise is taking some great ideas and implementing even new, better ones.

Originally posted by Lazzaro

It is only ground based.  They do not have plans on making an expansion that allows you to go into space.  Everything will be earth based.

There are vehicles that are in-game(those have to be crafted tho by players)

hovercraft skateboards, and for the bigger ones will be hovercraft motorcycles. the biggest 'vehicle' will be a Mech.

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Originally posted by Joker2240
    Originally posted by Lazzaro A little off topic; is this game ship based or ground base? Or even both?

It is only ground based.  They do not have plans on making an expansion that allows you to go into space.  Everything will be earth based.
    hovercraft skateboards, and for the bigger ones will be hovercraft motorcycles. the biggest 'vehicle' will be a Mech.

Sounds awesome.

• ZeroMinutesZeroMinutes Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Joker2240

Originally posted by Lazzaro

And how is this like Eve ??

It is not the vehicles and stuff like that is close to Eve.

It is some of the game mechanics that are similar to what Eve have. For example there is security zones which is a prime example. There will be places that have high security while there is zones that are only player controlled. Tho most of the island will be player controlled.

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

I cant wait for this game! ;)

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

• TimacekTimacek Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Originally posted by Krayzjoel

I cant wait for this game! ;)

so do i. phew.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file