Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enott's Virtual Gear: Intellectual Property Rights?

GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301
I happened to click on the Enott's Ad on the MMORPG.Com Homepage out of curiosity. To say the least, I was amused but not surprised that an industry of this type would emerge from the MMORPG phenomenon. My question is simply this; What about all those Property Use Agreements on EVERY MMORPG available for play? This directly infringes upon the so called "intellectual property rights" every game company claims to have over their product. Wonder how long its going to be before this Enott's group finds themselves involved with some unpleasant litigation. What do you think?

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."

Comments

• kkodiakkkkodiakk Member Posts: 3

Why that's interesting... I have combed this site over and found that many people have questioned the "Intellectual Property Rights" of the company's that create the games, and in nearly all of them I see that ENOTT's is the center of attention.

Well... I have to say that IP rights might not be the biggest concern of a company such as ENOTT's, at least not that of the individual or independent contractor. You see I have done work for and seen the shady business side of that company and to say the experience was not pleasant is a gross understatement.

All the ENOTT flash banners you see on this site and any others, I created. They technically belong to me and are being used without my consent... simply because the owner of that company has failed to abide by our contractural agreement and pay me for them. Heck... he decided to never send the contracts back to me. And now he uses the banners free of charge, continually making money off of them.

Unfortunately for me... I cannot afford a lawyer to pursue this case. The owners of this site have not responded to my email concerning this matter and ENOTT's is just sitting there raking in the loot. I guess their PAYPAL account is no longer frozen, eh?

In the end I guess I would not willingly endorse a site such as ENOTT's nor any site like it that does business in any similar way. So as to the question of IP rights, the idea of the company, or just my own personal thoughts... everyone gets theirs in the end and what goes around comes around. That's my opinion anyway.

• p00kap00ka Member Posts: 167

The golden rule of doing business on the internet:

Contract first. Payment second. Delivery last.

I don't want to sound un-sympathetic, but you will get screwed 9 times out of 10 if you do it in any other order. ::::07::

-pooka

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

The owner of the MMOG has the right to enforce the rules of its binding EULA. That is more or less the end of the question of litigation.

There's very little that any of these companies can do to stop the resale of items outside the reach of their game. Unless copyrights are misused, or criminal activity is in play, the courts simply aren't going to bother.

Ask yourself: where is the harm?