Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would attract me to Vanguard.

Hybrid characters.

Most MMORPG's are on a static character advancement where you pick your race, class, and off you go on the leveling grind of mastering your profession.

What I would like to see is a dynamic character development where I can pick my avatar, go into the world and look for things to evolve my characetr in. This would be everything from going out and harvesting a mushroom and brewing up a soup that would bring great elixer and courage. Or beating down a rodent to become stronger. Or researching strange artifacts and scrolls to unlock the magic forces within me. Or crafting a simple whistle out of a fallen twig and learnign the arts of melody and music gradually.

Whatever it may be I think I should have a choice in the game at what I want to learn and speciliaze in. If I wanted to be the best alchemist or swordsman Iw ould have to devote most of myt ime pursuing that knowledge and skill. If I wanted to be a really great musicial or cook I would spend alot of my time doing that. If I just wanted to go around everywhere doing my thing and just mastering whatever I happened to do the most of then that is hwat it should be about.

THis offers the chance of great gameplay. There never will be that sense of lull in that hey that class is pretty cool I wished I picked that so I can have that cool power. Or damn I wish I could heal like a cleric and beat people down with my sword.

Granted I think each skill in itself should require a great deal of involvment to progress, I think the possibiltity should always be there to go out and do something new for a week or more.. Whatever you decide you want to do you should be able to do. There will be no super elite guy or flavor of the month class, or unbalanced and overpowered class's/charcetrs. Everyone will be the same but how hard and how much time you dedicate into any given skill is how good you will be at it.

That is what I want to see in Vanguard. It has a great artistic feel to it. I would love to see that open ended fun characetr advacement. I am dissapointed to read the FAQ and be turned away from design decisions on what looks on the outside to be a really good game with talent.