Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible return questions

Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

Some of my guild are looking at a few MMO options atm and FFXI came up as 1 of 3 possibilities.   We used to play on the Bahumut server.  I found my old content ID I think... an 8 digit number scribbled down in a notepad, but I tossed out the box with the CDs when I moved to my new house.

My question is how is the population in FFXI in general, and the Bahemut server?   Given my situation, is there any possible way to retrieve my character or am I doomed to do everything over again if I buy the 2008 collection?  How is the WoG expansion?

Comments

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488

It is probably best to call customer service.

I think you can get back into FFXI if you still have your Play Online ID and password. Play Online IDs look like QBBM1864 - with four letters followed by four numbers. Good luck, if what you still have looks like that, you just need to remember your password.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

That's what the thing looks like I have scribbled down.   I heard you have to call them and be on hold for like an hour to have a chance at getting this done?

How are the populations in general?

• Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524

Odin and Asura are the best servers with a population, you can get your old character back but i'm not a 100% sure on if its whenever or just for the event. On a side not getting your character back is great but starting a new one never hurts you re-learn how to play, make new friends perhaps etc etc. As for Bahamut its probably among a few servers that lacks many people im not certain as I play on Asura it seems the same as it was when I played at US launch when I was on Titan.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

I started on Bahamut and was there for a few years.  It's actually the third most populated server out of like 20 servers, behind Odin, and Asura, since it was one of the original servers during the JP launch.  However, it has mostly a bigger Japanese population than other servers, and you will definently have a harder time trying to get a party invite.  (always drove me insane) "JP PTY ONRY"

This board usually sends people to Asura or Odin since they have a few more NA's you can party with.

Good luck getting your character back, and what was your character's name? Maybe I remember it. lol

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

Whats the deal with WOTG?  Did it really double the size of the world or something by adding a past tense to every zone?  What's the new game mode they added in it?

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

WotG goes back in time to the crystal war.  So you have to do campaign battles around the 3 nations and there are a few new zones as well.  the main 3 starting cities are limited, and jueno is sealed off.  It's pretty cool stuff, a lot of new content to keep you busy, thats for sure.  And the maps are different from present day Vanadiel, its pretty neat.