Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What I would like to see before Origins launches.

AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Seeing as how they made the punk-buster announcement for WAR.

Most people currently playing daoc (myself included) see Origins as mostly shuffling around the current players and getting back a few old ones.

With that in mind.. what would actually impress me is to see:

1) an announcement that a deal was made with punk-buster to cover daoc (or at least origins).

2) a ban purge of existing players before Origins opens. (or if they really don't want to lose the subs.. at least block their ability to create characters on origins with their existing accounts.)

The game may or may not be on its last legs.  In general the world wide population is rather low.

But the percentage of cheating/exploiting/3rd party program use.. however you want to define it.. is the highest I have seen EVER (I guess I'm not sure of the description I'd want to use.. compared to the number of players you see.. the amount exploiting is higher.. but probably lower overall due to lack of subs).

I just really don't even see the point of Origins atm.. if this same trash is allowed to pollute that server.

Altho this is on Bossiney cluster.. perhaps the others aren't as bad?  I can't say.

*edited*

I know they won't do anything.. just due to severe lack of population.

Its just sad what trash this game turned into (by that I mean the exploits rather than the game its self).   Crap like this is part of the reason no company wants to invest heavily into a "pvp" game.

Comments

• WarMechaWarMecha Member Posts: 4

Thats sad to hear, I used to play DAoC in the 'good old days'.  I'm dissapointed to hear it is plagued with exploits now (there were a few back then, but it wasnt epidemic by any stretch of the imagination).  I'm actually installing again for old times sake and to see if I want to continue my subscription and play on origins, what kind of exploits are in use now?

• lolhahahalolhahaha Member Posts: 48

The only bad hacks I've seen are people who use lag and kill you even though you can't hit them because they are always too far away.

Even in Melee I've seen this happen, not sure how but It's not that common and no reason for me to quit a game with 1000x any other games PVP. If everybody reported them then I'd expect to see them banned.

• WarMechaWarMecha Member Posts: 4

Ok, so not all that bad then afterall perhaps.  Well my old account lives!  I have logged into my old server prydwen a few times to find an average of around 40 players on there, and my main stripped of a lot of the gear I collected back then, lol.  Probably some of the stuff I had became redundant or something.  Anyway, I don't mind, its great to have a run round the old stomping ground like a nublet again and the graphical update since I left is nice too.  Just have to get a char on a server with some players now