Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stone Age 2

So who knew an MMO of the Flintstones crossed with Pokemon would be any fun? Stone Age 2 is a casual MMO published by Aeria Games where you create a prehistoric personage to go out into the world and capture some new friends. The game is in early open beta and there is no tangible storyline thus far. On to the reviewing!

Graphics: 4/5

Stone Age 2 is a 2D game. The colors are bright, the models are creative, and the environments are ok but nothing outstanding. I won't waste anymore time on this since  I'm of the opinion that graphics reviews are a waste of time when it takes 2 seconds to look for yourself. [http://stoneage2.aeriagames.com/]

Sound:3/5

I like the tribal vibe you get from the music and the fact that there's some pretty good variation so it doesn't grind on your ears after awhile. Still, music isn't quite as catchy as some other games I've played. The sound effects for the game are where things go a little downwards for me. Every time you and your pals perform a combo attack in game you're rewarded with an annoying little voice that sounds very similar to Eric Cartman of South Park fame. Overall everything seems solid and sounds appropriate to the setting.

Gameplay:4/5

The gameplay is relatively simple and straightforward. Everything can be done with the click of a mouse. Once outside a village or in a dungeon you will encounter random battles. I these battles you and your pals will fight off wild animals and you can even capture them to make them new pals.

The menu system is fairly intuitive to navigate and well labeled. he only problem with the menus are the window sizes. There are times when you need several windows open at once and moving them around is a bit clunky. Resizable windows would be a plus.

Partying in this game is a lot of fun. When you join a party and go into battle, you will see everyone in the party plus all of there pets on screen. This can make for some massive fun battles and I believe is where the game  shines. Also once you join a party everyone sticks to the party leader automatically so you don't have to worry about the guy that always holds you up by stopping for one reason or another...unless thats the leader.

Fun Factor:4/5

Totally fun but not totally addictive. Just how I like my MMO's. This game will keep you coming back for more while not breaking up your marriage of making you look for a new job.

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Are you by chance a PR guy from Funcom.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • peted33peted33 Member UncommonPosts: 8

This game made me feel like I took a time warp back to the 1980's.

• roctkdroctkd Member Posts: 23

You must be a marketing guy for the company, don't you?

How much licensing fee you guys pay for the Japanese developer, DigiPark?

Ryan, a MMO Maniac!

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

general 3/10 for me played better games :)

• cjdriniccjdrinic Member Posts: 41

I also did not like this game.  Could only play a few mins and had to give up on it. :(