Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isle of Dawn on test server

BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654

I was having a quick look over at the offical forums and noticed a couple of threads regarding the Isle of Dawn (Trial Island) has gone live on the test server.  To make sure it was not bogus I checked the test server forum out and found the below link.

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts/list.m?topic_id=35457

Enjoy

Comments

• Da1eDa1e Member Posts: 357

Exciting :)

The only thing is, it says it's going to take 126 hours to update my test server ;)

I mean, I want to check the place out, but 6 days of downloading? I'm not so sure ;)

I'll try again tomorrow, maybe it's prime time for US and billions of people are downloading it =p

----------------
    Hello!

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    Originally posted by Da1e

Exciting :)

The only thing is, it says it's going to take 126 hours to update my test server ;)

I mean, I want to check the place out, but 6 days of downloading? I'm not so sure ;)
    I'll try again tomorrow, maybe it's prime time for US and billions of people are downloading it =p

Try restarting the launcher m8, SOE's patch servers are not the best in the world, sometimes the hamster falls of the wheel. I'm downloading at present got 50 mins to go, been downloading for around 30 mins.

yeahh it's calmed down now, 1:30 to go.

Hmm, it's already 02:48,

I think I might call it a night and download it tomorrow morning :)

I EXPECT reviews of the island by morning, or else =p

----------------
    Hello!

• broemanbroeman Member UncommonPosts: 25

Since I have the Station Launcher, I tried to use the first installer to get to the old patcher. Seems it is reinstalling the whole game, but is ok, since I apparently chose my old VGTest folder (3h to go though )

• elf8blisself8bliss Member UncommonPosts: 304

Nice! Can't wait to see what it's like.

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654

Ahh bugger the server is still down

Dartok

Vanguard QA

Sorry for the delays on getting the server up. In addition to the information in the patch notes there are a large number of chunks updated with minor art bug fixes. So it is taking a bit longer to get this patch on the server. Never fear we will get it up and running as soon as we can.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

This is good news also

Broker Changes

• Broker time limit on items added. Initial time will be 14 days changeable by design.
    • All Markets combined into one.
    • Market cap increased to 50 items.
    • Markets will be reset on patch day or when code gets patched for internal servers.
    • Time left on a market item will be displayed in short time format on the broker window.
    • Items that expire will still show up in your item list saying expired. You will have 7 days to relist the item. After that it will be returned through game mail.
  • vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417
    Originally posted by Torak

This is good news also

Broker Changes

Broker time limit on items added. Initial time will be 14 days changeable by design.
    All Markets combined into one.
    Market cap increased to 50 items.
    Markets will be reset on patch day or when code gets patched for internal servers.
    Time left on a market item will be displayed in short time format on the broker window.
    Items that expire will still show up in your item list saying expired. You will have 7 days to relist the item. After that it will be returned through game mail.

Awesome

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

• morpinmorpin Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by Torak

This is good news also

Broker Changes

Broker time limit on items added. Initial time will be 14 days changeable by design.
    All Markets combined into one.
    Market cap increased to 50 items.
    Markets will be reset on patch day or when code gets patched for internal servers.
    Time left on a market item will be displayed in short time format on the broker window.
    Items that expire will still show up in your item list saying expired. You will have 7 days to relist the item. After that it will be returned through game mail.

Meh.  I kind of wish they had not combined the markets.  Kills the immersion a bit, but I can live with it.  I think they are going to be combining the banks too soon.

• BorkotronBorkotron Member Posts: 282

Waste of resources if you ask me.....

What is to be done with the myriad of "starter" locations? Will they be retooled for higher levels? Seems like an awful lot of space around Khal is going to be wasted if there's going to be a newbie island.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Originally posted by Borkotron

Is it, when people have been screaming for a way to get a trial out there?

Before you make your judgement on things, make shure you have grounds to make it on.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• IsUberLeetIsUberLeet Member Posts: 104

Do you need to be a suscriber to access the test server?

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

What is to be done with the myriad of "starter" locations? Will they be retooled for higher levels? Seems like an awful lot of space around Khal is going to be wasted if there's going to be a newbie island.

my understanding of it, is you choose to go to the starter island or not.

Originally posted by IsUberLeet

yeah, you need to have an open sub.

It's only a test atm, or think of it as a beta,

it will be out in august, on real servers, as a real test island.

----------------
    Hello!

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905
    Originally posted by Nikoz78

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the poster above you has shown, you have your choice now.

• IsUberLeetIsUberLeet Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by Da1e

Originally posted by IsUberLeet

yeah, you need to have an open sub.

It's only a test atm, or think of it as a beta,

it will be out in august, on real servers, as a real test island.

Thanks, guess I have to keep waiting for my copy to arrive.

• JustBeJustBe Member Posts: 495

When have Trial Isles ever proved successful? They need to focus on makign current starting zones fun to play and more content in the world and remodeling characters, not making stupid trial isles which just don't work! What's worse is how long it's taken the to create this crap :S

SOE just don't understand how to manage games what so ever.

+ OMG change that nasty character screen!

----------------------------------------
    Talking about SWG much?

Originally posted by JustBe

When have Trial Isles ever proved successful? They need to focus on makign current starting zones fun to play and more content in the world and remodeling characters, not making stupid trial isles which just don't work! What's worse is how long it's taken the to create this crap :S

You really need to do some research.

If they had a free trial on the main island then you would explore about 1% of the land. In a trial you want to feel as if you are directed, and achieving something. In vanguard, in 10 days, you just couldn't. The isle also adds more content, as it serves as an optional starting point, so the newcomers are among 'vets'.

GU6, which is out in august along with the isle, will have a new end game raid, and newly modelled characters, so stop just making random guesses about what they need to do and what they shouldn't do. Leave that to those of us that actually play the game, and know what is going on. Ameteur.

+ OMG, it's just a character creation screen, you're on it for about 5 minutes while you're creating, and 20 seconds before you log in. Is it really that important? I'm not so sure.

"SOE just don't understand how to manage games what so ever."

I'm assuming you'd be way more successful, right?  Oh wait no,  you're just someone prowling these forums giving irrelevant game advice and critisisms. I think you're the only person that I've seen that dislikes the trial island, and you aren't even a player, or at least a well informed one...

----------------
    Hello!

• VespersVespers Member Posts: 246
    Originally posted by JustBe

Well, the reason SOE developed the Trial Island is that it allows people to play a portion of Vanguard for free. That's right, this content was developed to allow people to try out Vanguard before they actually buy the game to see if this is the game for them. Are you saying that people who dont currently play Vanguard are not worth the dev's time and effort in order to let them try the game for free before they decide to buy it or not?

Personally, I think non Vanguard players are worth the effort and if even 10% of the people who try this free content decide to subscribe to the game then it was worth it.