Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst Anniversary Event ever in the history of MMORPGs?

trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

So K2 sends out an email last week saying

"Log in and play on July 10th, and receive a very special prize as part of our anniversary extravaganza. What will this extraordinary prize be? You’ll have to log in to find out"

http://forum.swordofthenewworld.com/index.php?showtopic=24644

Furthermore, in a thread about boss events, the head AM (who also posts here), says

"If you like boss events don't forget to log in on July 10th!"

http://forum.swordofthenewworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12169&view=findpost&p=223886

So, most the players are eager to see what will happen today in the game.  A free prize and a boss event (the last being I think back in May?)

What do we get today? Nothing!  The "extraordinary prize" turns out to be the priviledge of buying  special pajamas costumes for cash shop items (roughly $5 worth).  And no boss event.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Well, thanks I guess to everyone's outrage, they actually came through with a belated prize - 10 Karjalain boxes for everyone.

And for the missing boss event, they came up with a excuse: Too many people logged in. Mwhahahahahaha. That's really believable.

• FelleFelle Member Posts: 62

HUH I didn't get any karjalain boxes! where do i get em !?

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Ctrl-F, it should be under your premium items.

• byte1918byte1918 Member Posts: 6

Hey the event was pretty nice and the email about us having to log in on the 10th july was sent by IMC Games and not K2.

The event was crappy because to get the nice stuff you had to use cash shop items (you could buy from market).  But you also could get Rat Hats for 20 supplies , or some bonus exp for 30 supplies.

Anyway , because many people were dissapointed by the event , k2 gave everyone who logged on the 10th 10 karja boxes and a le blanc costume (for all chars) which imo was pretty neat.

IMO Op you're bashing this game too much.. I know you may not like it , or something might of disapointed you but come on.. every single post of yours I read is a bash post to the adress of this game.. cmon!