Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you going to buy GW2?

Comments

• ekspertseksperts Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by deftskulk

I'll probly buy it ,but I'll end up staying with GW1
    GW2 cut my favorite things like:
    They cut down instanced play
    They cut down on heros
    They are completely cutting point & click UI

I know I'm apparently in a small group That like these features . 

You are not alone :)

I will buy GW2 because  new explorable areas and I love this Art. If there coming more content in GW1 I will definetly not buying GW2.

• buden-ninjabuden-ninja Member UncommonPosts: 53

I want to buy GW2, too, but we don't really know much about it yet. When is it coming out? 2010? 2011? 2009? GW1 was great, so if GW2 is an improvement, it must be good. I hope they increase the level a little more and I don't mean just giving us skill points after 20. At this point I just want some more info on it.

• jawapetjawapet Member Posts: 79

GW2 development has not even started NCSoft programers are currently tied up with Aion and although ArenaNet has finished the entire (or almost entire) design and look of the game, NGSoft has to produce the ppl to actually make it.  So GW2 release date will set probably shortly after Aion comes out.  My guess is late 2009 now, thanks to the fact that Aion kept getting pushed back due to problems with flight system, a horrid idea in my opinion.

So if you want GW2 out sooner pray that NCSoft just decides to finally let Icarus (aka Aion) fly.  Because the sooner it does the sooner it can burn and the sooner GW2 will be here.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Maybe. Ill never preorder a MMO or any game anymore. Im going to wait for the first open beta or release reviews before deciding.

• cointermcointerm Member Posts: 47

For sure. Although I'm done with GW1 for now, it was the most polished MMO (online game for the anal) I've ever played. I've spent over a thousand hours on it.

Warhammer has my time now, but there's ALWAYS room for a no-sub game. It's also quite reassuring that Anet haven't released any screenies of GW2, real or artwork: it just means they've learned that gamers WILL hold all evidence against you.

• YES

Guildwars is my favourite game, playing it for near 2 years. I find this game have very good

supports/update and such more, I could even buy every games from your devs because that.

• SoupgoblinSoupgoblin Member Posts: 324

I'll pick it up as long as it doesn't look like one of those Asian free-to-play MMOs.

That was my only gripe with Guild Wars, the graphics looked dated, otherwise it was a great game.

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by Soupgoblin

I'll pick it up as long as it doesn't look like one of those Asian free-to-play MMOs.

That was my only gripe with Guild Wars, the graphics looked dated, otherwise it was a great game.

Nah, it was one of the best looking games when it came out and had known graphical updates over the years... I'd say if anything now it looks a bit dated but only because games like Age of Conan have crazy graphics.... It's still a very nice looking game and the sequel will of course be good eye candy.

If you don't like the asian look, then look elsewhere.

I'll for sure buy it it's a fun time and a very solid game. I'm looking forwards to all the improvements.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by Soupgoblin

Huh? For a good while, up until this year I would have been willing to argue that Guild Wars had the best graphics of any MMO. Are you sure you had the graphics turned up on maximum? Even on medium they by far trumped that of other games. I still can't help but look in awe at the beauty of the game at times. 

• robby5403robby5403 Member Posts: 368

Yes if: The game has a normal level cap, not 99 or no limit like they think about.....

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

I will buy it if they make a proper MMORPG, not an ultra instanced game like GW

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

I will buy it if its like gw1 with more freedom and other nice improvements.

We dont need another cookie cuttter wow clones or another peice of shit aoc clone.

And yeah buying it for sure.

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I don't think anyone can say it will be like WoW just because it will be more like an MMO.. wow certainly isn't the first MMO... and any Guild Wars fan knows that the spells and skill in Guild Wars add much more strategy and the combat is much more fun than (in my opinion) any other MMO out there.

Yes I will get GW2. I couldn't think of a reason I wouldn't after how much I've enjoyed GW. I've been dying for it to come out ever since it has been announced.

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

Fo sho'

I don't think there has ever been a game that I will be anticipating more. Well DDO but that got old when I hit max lvl with no new content.

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

yes

1) They are getting rid of click to move and putting in Z axis

2) Non Human playable race .Norn,Asura,charr and Slvari

3) Realm vs Realm

4) Instancing quests to remain but a more persistant world settings

5) No monthly fee , I know there wil be expansion/campaigns every 6 months

6) Side kick system

7) Solo Play as well group possible

8) Casual PVP and Structured PVP

9) Public Quests ( Kil the Dragon announcements eg wherein everyone can join in)

I Loved GW still play it sometimes

• khmergotricekhmergotrice Member Posts: 16

GW2 seems like it will be awesome. But depending on when it is released(gona be awhile). I'm going to have to choose between D3 or GW2. Will be a tough decision.

• TheHowellerTheHoweller Member Posts: 407

I'm going to restate my opinion from three months ago, because simply...I think more people should hear and understand it.

No, I will not be buying Guild Wars 2.  The first of the two was perfect until Factions was released and the gaming world began expanding beyond what was manageable with PUGs (not that an expanding game-world is bad).  Yes, I will agree, PUGs blew ass, and still do at times.  But, I've always felt that it's in the random grouping, that a true online gaming experience is made.  I honestly had vastly more fun grouping with a few random people, and a few random friends; than I ever did with Heroes.

In summary, to reject what the poster who argued my older argument said.  It wasn't henchmen that I believe ruined the game, it was Heroes.  It was the fact that you had the choice to remove the annoying random, uncontrollable aspect of the game in turn for something mallable.  I honestly feel Guild Wars was THE best online gaming experience I ever had, and holy shit have I played a crap-ton of games. 

However, this migration from an instanced world, to an open-door policy will make what I once loved, simplistically like WoW.  God damn, Prophecies was the epiteme of MMOs for me, WoW never matched the crazy groups I was in, or the level of stress...

I take that back, WoW is likely the reason I'll have a heart attack in 20 years.  Grinding is likely the worst idea ever placed into a "game".  I'd rather have fun.

-------------------------------
    It's honestly like everyone logs onto WoW, and games like WoW, just to masturbate. Everyone plays by themselves, and when they don't, they get what they want and get off.
    Originally posted by atziluth...
    Ah yes when the unreasonable are faced with reason they must resort to personal attacks...When you are ready to move up from the kids table you can talk with the grown ups.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by TheHoweller

I'm going to restate my opinion from three months ago, because simply...I think more people should hear and understand it.
    No, I will not be buying Guild Wars 2.  The first of the two was perfect until Factions was released and the gaming world began expanding beyond what was manageable with PUGs (not that an expanding game-world is bad).  Yes, I will agree, PUGs blew ass, and still do at times.  But, I've always felt that it's in the random grouping, that a true online gaming experience is made.  I honestly had vastly more fun grouping with a few random people, and a few random friends; than I ever did with Heroes.
    In summary, to reject what the poster who argued my older argument said.  It wasn't henchmen that I believe ruined the game, it was Heroes.  It was the fact that you had the choice to remove the annoying random, uncontrollable aspect of the game in turn for something mallable.  I honestly feel Guild Wars was THE best online gaming experience I ever had, and holy shit have I played a crap-ton of games. 
    However, this migration from an instanced world, to an open-door policy will make what I once loved, simplistically like WoW.  God damn, Prophecies was the epiteme of MMOs for me, WoW never matched the crazy groups I was in, or the level of stress...
    I take that back, WoW is likely the reason I'll have a heart attack in 20 years.  Grinding is likely the worst idea ever placed into a "game".  I'd rather have fun.

and this affects Guild Wars 2 how?

The sidekick-like system is there to encourage grouping between lower and higher level players. They're turning around and back-tracking to a more Prophecies-like experience.

They have also mentioned that beyond a point levels are also cosmetic, meaning that it is not going to turn into WoW 2.

Also, the missions and important quests will be instanced. How a persistent world negatively affects this is beyond me.

• blindside044blindside044 Member Posts: 250

I played GW1 for 3 years, you're damn right i'll be getting GW2!  :)  ...don't know how much play time it will getting though as I am kind of addicted to Lord of the Rings Online, and I am kinda enjoying Eve Online as well.

Originally posted by Lydon

Originally posted by TheHoweller

and this affects Guild Wars 2 how?

The sidekick-like system is there to encourage grouping between lower and higher level players. They're turning around and back-tracking to a more Prophecies-like experience.

They have also mentioned that beyond a point levels are also cosmetic, meaning that it is not going to turn into WoW 2.

Also, the missions and important quests will be instanced. How a persistent world negatively affects this is beyond me.

I do admire the idea of a side-kick system.  It reminds me of CoH, even though I dislike the grindfest that it is.  But yes, experience sharing is a good implementation.

Now to my disagreement, and explanation.  The average MMO player misses this point, as I'm assuming you believe I did... Guild Wars is a skill-based game, levels are a cosmetic thing.  When I say that I believe Guild Wars 2 is an attempt at something more WoW-like, I'm not saying "Oh noes! We bees grindin for howers to gits to lvls 120s!"  I'm only saying, judging from the current title-grind in Guild Wars as it is now, and the fact that Guild Wars 2 is going to be "like WoW" in appearance; I'm saying Guild Wars 2 will be a WoW-clone.

The game felt "right" and "fun" when Prophecies was new, and just after Factions hit... There was always someone to do something with (not that something, you sick bastards).  I feel that they've ruined what felt right, and I really don't see Guild Wars 2 as the answer... 

Hell, remove Heroes (or restrict the numbers to one-per-person -.- ) and add about 15 people (actual players) to each outpost...I'd shit myself with excitement.

To end, I don't hate WoW at all.  I hate the grind within the game, I hate having to kill 25 copies of some creature for no real reason other than some guy wants you to find a locket.  If WoW was only instanced dungeons, and there was never a problem making a party...I'd be happy with it as well. 

...Given that I didn't have to do each dungeon 25 times for a locket...

It's honestly like everyone logs onto WoW, and games like WoW, just to masturbate. Everyone plays by themselves, and when they don't, they get what they want and get off.
    Ah yes when the unreasonable are faced with reason they must resort to personal attacks...When you are ready to move up from the kids table you can talk with the grown ups.

• PelagatoPelagato Member UncommonPosts: 673

I think this is going to end up in Vaporware...

Originally posted by Pelu

I think this is going to end up in Vaporware...

Did I miss your point, or do you actually think A-Net would forfeit a profit giant?

• PelagatoPelagato Member UncommonPosts: 673

Anet are developers... they arent the problem at all... is NCSoft... I mean.. how can you make profit from something that you cant finish because u dont have enough Gold for that.. i mean money...

I find it hard to believe that you think A-net/NCSoft is "that" stretched for money.  Developers, maybe; money, .

Dude, do you realize just how many Pay-to-Play games this company owns...Do you comprehend how little money they put into those games? Dungeon Runners, CoH/CoV, Lineage 2; to name a few, I don't feel like looking up more.  Also note that these games are past their prime and are still collecting 15 bucks each month from their subscribers, excluding DR, which is like 5-8 (can't remember, shucks).

Not only that, Aion is coming, developers are looking to create a new franchise and cash in once again.  Afterwards, they'll begin on GW2.  If not, who gives a shit, it'll suck and people will still pay-to-play CoH.

Also...Guild Wars and each of its expansions cost 50 dollars new, retail (excluding EotN at 40). That's fucking 190 bucks from most of their customers.  Blizzard's likely lucky to get that much of a commitment from its general populace.  If anything, NCSoft's rolling in money. If you're looking for a sea of developers...Look to Blizzard for that.

Guild Wars 2 will most definitely come (I could be wrong, Oregon could get nuked)...And it will suck.