Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you going to buy GW2?

Comments

• SamMc247SamMc247 Member Posts: 49

I am all for the idea of GW2 being very similar to WoW with no subscription fees and better graphics. I am definitely going to purchase this game.People who dont purchase it  are  >  .

The thing that hurt GW the most were the instances and now they will be almost non existant. Only for the Mission portions of the game which are not going to be that much because they will be cutting down on most of the number of missions and focusing on the more played parts of the game. I hope they still have a thing related to the Faction Battles though. Like hfffing and Kurz Vs. Lux type thing. That made Gw so much more fun and it is always a big thing for the whole guild to do together.

DEFINITELY BUYING !!!!!!!!!!!

Currently Playing: Guild Wars.
    Played:Guild Wars, Dungeon Runners, WoW, WC3, Starcraft, RuneScape, Wurm.

• Cway214Cway214 Member UncommonPosts: 92

I purchased the original GW only and it wasnt a bad game by any means.  It is to early to tell if I will be purchasing GW2.  I do not know much about it other than the fact it is supposed to be more of a traditional MMO.

I will just have to see what it looks like around launch time :)

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by Raltar

Originally posted by Lonesamurai1

Originally posted by TheHoweller

I will not be buying Guild Wars 2...
    I loved Guild Wars until about 3 months after Factions released.  When Anet realized that the world was too large for PUGs, and started developing NPCs to take over the job of other players, I forgot why I loved the game.
    If a company attempting to make an MMO, failed that horribly...I can't possibly risk spending 50 dollars on another blunder.

Wrong

Henchman were added to the game just a few weeks before release...  Of Prophecies a year before

The intention of ArenaNet was NEVER to create an MMO, but  PvP game with FPS and RTS stylings, which they did, with fanominal success!

Guild Wars 2 however will be making a departure from that towards the MMO feel...  the PvP side will be the same though, plus the added World PvP... However, as an MMO?  Fully persistant world? can party with anyone anytime?   Can solo when you want?   Yep, its an MMO

I have the exact opposite feeling about Guild Wars.

I started playing when Factions came out and I think the game only got BETTER from there, exactly because of the changes the developers made which reduced the need for PUGs. Most of the times when I remember having to PUG in Guild Wars the results were usually disasterous. Half of the people in the group would be members of my guild who I was talking to on our vent server and the other half would be random folks who I couldn't talk to at all, not only because they weren't on the vent server but because they wouldn't listen to the in-game chat either. Situations like these usually ended with the entire team getting wiped because of something stupid one of the non-guild members of the party did and everyone else would rage quit as a result of it.

Later when they added heroes it made things vastly better because we didn't need to PUG. If my guild only had enough people online to form half a team, then everyone brought one hero character and the problem was solved. Some people claim this ruined the grouping aspect of the game. I disagree, I think it made it better. I was still grouping with people on a regular basis, the only difference was that I was only grouping with people I actually WANTED to group with and I wasn't being forced to drag along a bunch of idiots who I didn't know and who wouldn't listen to me. Thats a big improvement in my book.

I've heard the rumors for awhile that GW2 will have more "MMO" style to it and that they probably won't inculde NPC Henchmen or Heroes. If that turns out to be the case I probably won't even play it. If I want to spend all day shouting "LFG" in a room full of morons then there are plenty of other places I can do that without even having to pay for it. I think the Guild Wars developers made the right decision by taking the game in the direction that they did and now it seems to me that they are doing a 180 with GW2 and taking it in the exact opposite direction. I don't know what wack ass logic they used to come up with that plan but it doesn't sound like something I want any part of.

I actualy totally agree with you...  I wasa beta player for Propheciesand I got bored of Guild Wars until factions was released and breathednewlife into the game

imageimage

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

a hell of a lot more grinding.

Huh? Are we talking about the same game here?

Originally posted by Lydon

a hell of a lot more grinding.

Huh? Are we talking about the same game here?

I don;t think so Lydon, I'd walk away

I smell Troll!

imageimage

• sirjayko2sirjayko2 Member Posts: 37

im gonna say that if you dont buy this game and you have gw one, then your a retard, cause there arnt going to be loading screens in this game, you can jump, and swim, but im sure there is gonnna be more, BUY THIS GAME

SirJayko- Peace in unachievable. War is immanent.

• hXcFecalhXcFecal Member Posts: 39

hells yea im gonna buy GW2. Been playing GW for over 2 years now

Playing:WoW,Guild Wars
    Used to play: Vanguard, Anarchy Online (got to lvl 6 and quit :p)
    Waiting for: Warhammer, Aion

• Lady_FeiLady_Fei Member Posts: 17

I have invested too much time and energy into my favorite GW1 character, I would only purchase a new campaign I could use my current character on. I don't have any interest in starting over from scratch.

Originally posted by Lady_Fei

I have invested too much time and energy into my favorite GW1 character, I would only purchase a new campaign I could use my current character on. I don't have any interest in starting over from scratch.

well done, you missed the point

GW2 and the Hall of Monuments will allow your characters name and acchievements to becarried over to GW2, because your character will be long dead from oldage...

However, this ISN'T a new campaign orexpansion, this is a brand new game that will link to Guild Wars for character info and account info

imageimage

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by Lady_Fei

Well you enjoy GW1, I'll most definitely be wooping in GW2

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

Simple answer, yes

• Crstar20Crstar20 Member Posts: 2

I will defenentally buy GW2 because i am inlove with guild wars now and the second one will probably be just as amazing if not more.

Peace...

• revelatorXrevelatorX Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by sanders01

If its as instanced as the Original GW then no thanks... Im looking for an MMO not a single player game that you CAN play co-op on.

One of the most advertised features of GW2 is that it won't be instanced.

Originally posted by dknight784

but it gets really irritating to buy expansion packs over and over

The level cap is going to be what? 30? no much different

No one is forcing you to buy anything. Unlike WoW, new campaigns and expansions don't raise the level cap.

i really like games that raise the level cap with expansions. its great to be able to take things further, get more talents skills etc.

Originally posted by revelatorX

Originally posted by sanders01

If its as instanced as the Original GW then no thanks... Im looking for an MMO not a single player game that you CAN play co-op on.

One of the most advertised features of GW2 is that it won't be instanced.

No one is forcing you to buy anything. Unlike WoW, new campaigns and expansions don't raise the level cap.

i really like games that raise the level cap with expansions. its great to be able to take things further, get more talents skills etc.

Well, enjoy WoW

imageimage

• ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061

Originally posted by Lonesamurai1
    Originally posted by revelatorX
    Originally posted by sanders01 If its as instanced as the Original GW then no thanks... Im looking for an MMO not a single player game that you CAN play co-op on.One of the most advertised features of GW2 is that it won't be instanced.

Well, enjoy WoW

Stop trolling yourself and than accuse others for the same. He just told you what he enjoys and you are giving your smart ass response. If anyone, its you who is trolling.

• deftskulkdeftskulk Member CommonPosts: 67

I'll probly buy it ,but I'll end up staying with GW1

GW2 cut my favorite things like:

They cut down instanced play

They cut down on heros

They are completely cutting point & click UI

I know I'm apparently in a small group That like these features .

I think even after guild wars 2 comes out they still would make tons of cash by adding more content to GW1.

Even letting us do more with what is already there. (like letting us make henchmen into heros)

Even though Guild wars is the only game I play now a days I've always been stand-offish due to the fact that the devs have an attitude of seeming not to care what the players want only ever added what they thought up years ago.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I'll be buying the GW2 CE  (if its available)

I have faith in ANET

- I've enjoyed all the GuildWars releases, its probably my favorite online game (if I had to choose)

• zonzaizonzai Member Posts: 358

I am buying it. ANet is an amazing company.  And while GW is not perfect, I like that they've picked up on the biggest complaints with it and decided to change them for the next game. 

More balanced PvP, a more open world and limited heroes combined with the great mission system of GW1 sounds like a big win to me.

• I am buying GW2. Its going be such a good game. Guild wars was amazing, spent so many hours playing that game. MIght even start it again!

• AzmariaAzmaria Member Posts: 22

No question in my mind if I'll be buying it - that's a definite yes. 

For you people who are sad about henchies/heros going away, keep in mind that it's been announced that they will most likely have a hero sidekick sorta thing that travels around with you (and, if I recall correctly, doesn't take up a party slot).  You can remove that hero, but you get a buff to equalize not having the extra hand. 

I'm hoping that GW2 does more than just introduce a z-axis and swimming as mechanics...I would prefer if they would introduce some real crafting (maybe difficult to get into, but worth it in the end?) and/or other alternative forms of PvE. 

I cannot wait for the PvP aspect of it - all of the goodness of GW1 with constant World vs World combat?  Yes, please.

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

^more or less what i think atm. Just hope they will avoid doign pve skills like ursan godmode, make the pve as challenging as it was before we were able to 600/ smite or ursan( remember how dzagonur bastion, and eternal grove was in hm?)

Also some sort of bigger pvp, NO OPEN WORLD PVP, that's just retarded gw never was about that i hope it never will be. The town control/ control  system that was introduced in factions. Add hobbies, crafting, moutns, more loot variety, upgradable loot, sets, more weapon types (maybe crossbows, 2h swords axes).

If they fail to add much stuff I will probably keep playing lotro and jsut play gw2 from time to time (didnt ge god walking for nothing :) )

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

• jawapetjawapet Member Posts: 79

Much of this is based on rumor, but most is based on published info from Arena Net

Guild Wars vs Guild Wars 2

Races:

GW - Human

GW2 - Human, Asuran, Sylvari, Norn, Charr

Professions:

GW: W, R, Mo, Me, N, E, D, P, A, Rt

GW2: unknown

Zones:

GW: Instnaced, escept for towns

GW2: Persistent, except for dungeons and missions

Level Cap:

GW: 20

GW2: Theorized to be around 100

Party System:

GW: 2-8 slots, henchman and heroes available

GW2: uknown, suggested raiding system, more soloable, companions

Lands:

GW: Tyria, Cantha, Elona

GW2: Tyria, suggested Elona also, Orr, NO CANTHA

Starting Cities/Areas:

GW: Ascalon City, Shing Jea, Kamadan

GW2: suggested- Divinity's Ascent, Asuran Capital, Tarnished Coast, Ruins of Rin, Shiverpeaks (possibly Deldrimor)

Ways to Travel:

GW: Map Travel, Running

GW2: Map Travel, Asuran Gate

Antagonist:

GW: Lich, Charr, Abaddon, Shiro, Great Destroyer

GW2: Primortus, the Dragons, the Sceptor of Orr (Livia found at end of EotN)

Kingdoms:

GW: Ascalon, Shiverpeaks, Kryta, Maguuma, Cantha, Vabbi, Istan, Kourna, Desolation, Crystal Desert, Ring of Fire, etc

GW2: Orr, Ruins of Ascalon, Kryta, Maguuma, Asuran Territory, Shiverpeaks, Elona (as one area controlled by Palowa Joko), Crystal Desert, Ebonhawke, possibly more

PvP

GW: Arena System, AB, HoH, GvG

GW2: Arena System, World versus World, GvG, most likely a form of AB as well

Yes I will buy Guild Wars 2

• HelloKirbyHelloKirby Member CommonPosts: 110
    Originally posted by SamMc247

I am all for the idea of GW2 being very similar to WoW with no subscription fees and better graphics. I am definitely going to purchase this game.People who dont purchase it  are  >  .
    The thing that hurt GW the most were the instances and now they will be almost non existant. Only for the Mission portions of the game which are not going to be that much because they will be cutting down on most of the number of missions and focusing on the more played parts of the game. I hope they still have a thing related to the Faction Battles though. Like hfffing and Kurz Vs. Lux type thing. That made Gw so much more fun and it is always a big thing for the whole guild to do together.

DEFINITELY BUYING !!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like the idea of GW2 becoming a wow clone.  The devs have said that they aren't creating another world of warcraft.  I do like the idea of getting rid of the crap in the 1st game.  Yes I will buy gw2. 

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249

I luv GW for all that it is.  I luv everything about it from its simplicity, easy to play, fast pace action, clean UI to art style and best of all no monthly fee!  And I don't mind buyin expansion pack cuz it gives more varieties and new features.  It is a different kind of MMO with heavy instanced but that is still good cuz some times you feel like playin coop and sometimes you just don't wanna bother with other ppl at all and just wanna do things your own way  and play at your own pace.  And that is the reason why I play GW not WoW.. becuz it is NOT WoW.  So yes, I'll buy GW2 for sure  and hope they won't take too much of wat I luv about GW away and add more cool stuffs to it.

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249

Yes, I am buyin GW2 no matter what it turns out as long as it is free to play.  Luv GW1 just the way it is.. pls don't take away the heroes feature and Asian theme/characters.