Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Men" and HKO

Comments

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by Kyleran

If a game looks fun to me, I'll play it. Trouble is, this game doesn't appeal to me (look  I enjoy playing EVE, that should tell you a lot about my mindset) so I won't be playing it.
    Nothing to do with my sexuality, I'm just not wired to play HKO.

Agreed. If I could beat other players to a bloody pulp, cut off their heads, skin them alive so I can have the skins for my crafting skills then yes, I'd play. I'm not wired for it either. I'm wired for violence. 

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

I went through Taiwan last year and at the airport was a HKO mall. At first it bugged me. I was raised in a culture where pink means weakness and means you will not be allowed to progress. Try getting a job anywhere where I live with a pink shirt. Not only will you not get the job, your blacklisted from 20 other companies for life.

Now I arrive in Taiwan and men who seemed to love peace and joy were running around in pink outfits with no clear signs of being picked on. Simply they were excepted and even respected. By the time I was down I was in drinking some weird pink tea and eating a pink cake. FRICKING AWESOME CAKE! OH! Bubble tea! Thats what it was!

Anycase long story short I got on my jet to the philippines and its the same there. I still have 2 pink shirts I love to wear in public in the USA and bug the crap out of people. The hell do I care what they think? Hell no I dont! 

I like being peaceful I like not being judged. Albiet the bi-tranny groups in the philippines still make my head spin. Funniest thing that happened to me there was when a woman walked into the mans CR and starting to lift his dress. Now in this dudes case he looked like a female model. He was born with boobs. Talked liked a girl. Walked like one. Only dif was he pissed standing up. The attendent kept going, MISS MISS you cant be here.. until the guy turned around and had his dress up. The attnedent about feel over! We all laughed our asses off in the CR. Sigh, good times!

• bbegirlbbegirl Member Posts: 61

Pink is cool and I've seen plenty of men wear pink dress shirts (or pink and white) and it doesn't look weird.

Interesting story, for those things Thailand is supposedly the best place to visit but it's a weird story nevertheless

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

Okay, so I am a 23 year old guy...and in all honesty, there is no such thing as a "MAN"...
    All of us guys, regardless the age, are just boys...big kids ya know.

As far as Hello Kitty goes, I'd play it...in fact, I want to play it...It looks good...guys who think they are big, strong "MEN" wont play the game, and they are the same guys who would trash on me for being a vegetarian, or for listening to My Chemical Romance...

go ahead everyone, say your worst to someone you know you'll never meet...haha!!!......real tough

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Any man who plays this game is a basement-dwelling weeaboo.

And probably a furry.

• OrchidNightOrchidNight Member Posts: 2

Zenekia you are so right, I agree 100%! HeeHee! More people should read this!

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537
    Originally posted by kitsunegirl

Before I start this, I want to say Im not pointing at anyone in particular, this is just a general thought and amused opinion.

For a very long time now Ive been thoroughly amused by "men" and their rampant sexual insecurity. And then along comes HKO, and its like a wildfire in California.
    Comments everywhere about how guys wont play this because if their friends found them playing it, they would have their "man card" taken away. Wtf? Who uses that term anyway? Thats like my dad talking about "this mans army". lol
    Seriously, what is it about this IP that threatens your sexuality? It's like "manly men" being confronted with Ru Paul or something. xD Hello Kitty is a girly thing, so what? God isnt going to come down to earth and bitch-slap you for being a closet gay... pink isnt a sin, and liking something cute doesnt mean youre going to... well I'll keep that PG and not finish that thought. hehe.

Anyway! If you like the game, the play it, stop being so afraid fo what everyone else will think if they find you playing it! Geez...
    Also, why isnt this game linked yet in the forums list? >.<

Let me ask you this, if a man about five hundered or one thousand years ago started to wear pink clothing, they would either be hung or stabbed, or at the least ostrized for it. In the blood and sweat of our history, men have been the half of the species to be the protector and strong back. Sense we have lived like this for centuries it is frowned upon, even in this day and age, to have men do things that are unbecoming of men.

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• Viper_OneViper_One Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by cfurlin

Ah yes, thank you for speaking up on behalf of "real men". lol
    You can go back to your knuckle-dragging now. xD

(Im teasing btw, dont take it seriously).

Then why say it?

YOU should go back to attending to your period and improve your mood.

(i'm teasing, btw, don't take it seriously)

QFT

"Real" men don't give two crap loads less what other people’s opinions are. Including your opinion about "sexual insecurity."

Thank you for speaking for me.

I do not belong to the simpering pacifistic politically correct males in our society that are willing to tell you what you want to hear so they can be called "forward thinking" or "mature for a male."

Instead, I will hold my integrity to a higher standard and simply tell you the truth. We are wired different than you. That’s just the way it is. Period. We screw with each in a tit for tat when we see something that seems 'funny' to us. It has nothing to do with 'insecurities.'

Seriously, how stupid to think that you can put all males in a psychological BOX to where if someone disagrees with your OP than they are 'knuckle draggers.' My god.

Other males will let themselves fall for it and tell you "Oh noes! Not me! I'm not like that! I'm a real man!" And all the while, simply by agreeing with you whole heartedly and without question, it completely escapes them that they are fulfilling your standards of what a real man should say or do, and not their own.

This is about as intelligent as me telling you what "real" women do or don't do. I'm not a woman, so it would be pure %100 idiocy.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Before I start this, I want to say Im not pointing at anyone in particular, this is just a general thought and amused opinion.

For a very long time now Ive been thoroughly amused by "men" and their rampant sexual insecurity. And then along comes HKO, and its like a wildfire in California.
    Comments everywhere about how guys wont play this because if their friends found them playing it, they would have their "man card" taken away. Wtf? Who uses that term anyway? Thats like my dad talking about "this mans army". lol
    Seriously, what is it about this IP that threatens your sexuality? It's like "manly men" being confronted with Ru Paul or something. xD Hello Kitty is a girly thing, so what? God isnt going to come down to earth and bitch-slap you for being a closet gay... pink isnt a sin, and liking something cute doesnt mean youre going to... well I'll keep that PG and not finish that thought. hehe.

Anyway! If you like the game, the play it, stop being so afraid fo what everyone else will think if they find you playing it! Geez...
    Also, why isnt this game linked yet in the forums list? >.<

For good or bad, men are like this. Only men stuff allowed to be done. ;)

By the way, I showed my girlfriend this game, i asked her if she wanted me to play it with her, and she looked at me for 2 or 3 seconds and said: This game is for girls and gays.

• DexterGrifDexterGrif Member Posts: 35

The reason why most guys won't want to play it since its not marketed for them. Most men don't really want to play as a cat or what have you is since men want to be a badass hero.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Ru Paul has sex with men.

Would a child like a pedophile approaching them?

• drazarddrazard Member Posts: 2

Though this game looks "Girly" I'm going to try it. I mean I can't say I don't like something if I don't try it:/.

• RAPEmoduleRAPEmodule Member Posts: 8

dont fn talk about guys playing this game

wtf thats so stupid

the whole concept of hello kitty from day one was for girls

every last aspect of the comics cartoons and now game are for girls

THE GAME IS DESIGNED FOR GIRLS

Drunken words are sober thoughts!

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

It is funny that society controls what a person likes.

A guy may really like, and wish to play this game, but is afraid of what others think of him, being so insecure of himself.  He may find he loves the Game and what is in it.  But good lord, if someone finds out!!!!

Whatever. To each their own.  Sterotyping because it suits your opinions is pretty silly.

• NeosaiNeosai Member Posts: 401

Bunch of excuses from people with insecure identiy issues.  The point is, if a man play this game I wouldn't have any less opinion about him than normal.  In fact I'd be impressed from his sincere desire to know what he want to play regardless of his gender.

It is pointed out by someone that in history men are supposed to be the protector and be the strong.  Very wrong.

Men in general are physically stronger but emotionally weaker.  As proven throughout history, a nation can be toppled by a single woman because the ruler is a man.  Men will try to control and suppress women due to their insecurity and seeking power.  Basically, you can view most of the history where men try to conquer the world are basically based on innate insecurity and inability to create.

It is because indeed we are now at an age where people now can start relfecting on their own identity instead of struggling for survival that we start breaking away from the bonds of the past.  If we always say the past is correct, then we'd still be enslaving people and live in caves.

History are full of mistakes, so using it as a reason why men should act "manly" is full of holes.

• RAPEmoduleRAPEmodule Member Posts: 8

you guys dont get my post

im not saying theres anything wrong with a guy playing a game with little cats and shit like that

im just stating facts

look at the history of hello kitty......since day one it has been made and managed FOR YOUNGER GIRLS

if a guy wants to play it....more power to him.....i just dont think there is any reason to talk about guys playing this game

it designed for girls but hell im not here to judge

do whatever you want

play whatever you want....a games a game good or bad male or female

Drunken words are sober thoughts!

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

Originally posted by typhoonwin

Originally posted by bcrankshaw

Originally posted by Kesran

Think I'll wait for DoW:Kitty Island Crusade myself...

This must  be the funniest picture I've seen in a long time :..lol

how about this one? courtesy of thispost.

I like it!

How about this one?

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Originally posted by Vinterkrig

Originally posted by RATFather

Originally posted by cfurlin

Ah yes, thank you for speaking up on behalf of "real men". lol
    You can go back to your knuckle-dragging now. xD

(Im teasing btw, dont take it seriously).
    Then why say it?
    YOU should go back to attending to your period and improve your mood.
    (i'm teasing, btw, don't take it seriously)

QFT
    "Real" men don't give two crap loads less what other people’s opinions are. Including your opinion about "sexual insecurity."
    Thank you for speaking for me.

I do not belong to the simpering pacifistic politically correct males in our society that are willing to tell you what you want to hear so they can be called "forward thinking" or "mature for a male."

Instead, I will hold my integrity to a higher standard and simply tell you the truth. We are wired different than you. That’s just the way it is. Period. We screw with each in a tit for tat when we see something that seems 'funny' to us. It has nothing to do with 'insecurities.'

Seriously, how stupid to think that you can put all males in a psychological BOX to where if someone disagrees with your OP than they are 'knuckle draggers.' My god.

Other males will let themselves fall for it and tell you "Oh noes! Not me! I'm not like that! I'm a real man!" And all the while, simply by agreeing with you whole heartedly and without question, it completely escapes them that they are fulfilling your standards of what a real man should say or do, and not their own.

This is about as intelligent as me telling you what "real" women do or don't do. I'm not a woman, so it would be pure %100 idiocy.

those last 2 posts, are fucking awesome and essentially my thoughts on the matter 

Couldn't have put it better myself.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Its not one thing about the IP.  I hate pink. .  some guys dont mind it and look good wearing it.  I am not a big fan of  cats. . the title suggest the game is about kitties.   The term Kittie is typically used by younger children. . or women who use a "cute voice" when they see a cat or speak to their own.

There are differences in gender.  Hello kitty is marketed to females.  There is a ribbon in the cats hair and a "heart" to dot the eye.  

I am not insecure at all. . . I just don't like any of these things so am very unlikley to check out the game at all.  I beta tested furcadia and didn't like playing an animal either. . . maybe hello kitty has nothing to do with these things but look at the logo.. . it just doesn't appeal to me.

As far as man cards go. . a real man wouldn't care about what someone else thinks. . I would call it a boys club card. . .go back to your treehouse.  Of course these things are not literal and used to express disaproval of something that typically men would not like.

I like to think of myself as a retrosexual.  I don't hate Kello Kitty, and i could care less who plays it.  But when my wife sees it and makes a little "oh look" and then says "thats so cute" with a squeeky voice a little part of me dies.  There can be gender differences.   The differences between people of the same gender are extremely vast. . more so than differences due to gender or race or anything else for that matter.   It is not a gender thing but a preference thing.

TLDR:  I just can't stand pink.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Newsflash: most people don't give a damn what kind of stupid game you play.

Games, to me, are like lollipops, everyone likes what they like & it wont kill you to try a flavour that you dont think sounds that nice, but until you lick it you wont actually know.

Personally I wouldn't be seen dead wearing pink, but if another dude wants to that's his prerogative, and just because I think it's a poncy/girly colour doesn't mean I'm going to go around being derogatory or nasty about it, thinking stuff is fine, it's your actions that condemn you, tolerance is only tolerance when your actions do not reflect your opinions but instead your sense of fairness.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

I don't care if it's HKO, Teenage Ninja Hero Turtles, WoW or Pokemon, as long as the gameplay is good and I find it interested enough to keep playing.

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

I'm not into HKO

But if a Ninja Turtles, Pokemon, or something along those lines MMO popped up I'd give it a shot

Tried the Digimon one...That game is completely not what I expected...

• edgeof101edgeof101 Member Posts: 3

This is getting wierd, I mean

it doesnt matter if you are a "boy" or "Man" old or young as long as you like gaming like I do, you do not care much of what it is

if you look at it like this, if you are young, you act "childishly",

when you grow up, you act "cool"

growing older, then you will become more "serious" (many think this is ADULT stage :/ ),

next step is when you know what you wanna do and done your part that is when you combine all the "Act´s" into one.

That is what defines "ADULT"

if you like pink then so what, just because you grew up with Pink signify a girl and blue signify a boy does not mean

its a girl or boy colour, if you want the truth, if you categories the colours like that then you seriously got some growing up to do yourself

i am a gamer I like/love games, it does not matter if i blow my enemies to pieces so you need a broom to pick the remains up or if you just putt em into a K.O, or even just play the game to chatt does not matter if its "Cute" or "Realistic"

I play becouse its a change of pace, blowing up stuff and see enemies guts all the time gets old pretty quick

and MMO racing games can also be tiering in the end its cool that someone took charge in a new direction

with that being said, if you think HKO is a gay game then maybe you need to check your "Group Pressure" habits

just because somemone says its a girl game or a girl movie Etc. Etc you belive them? its just the targeted group not  a category, if your a guy and like it then it is a failed atempt to target just girls/woman.

would you really jump from a bridge when your asked to? then its seriously, time to let loose of the habit and experiment find your personality or simply grow up

im not being mad or anything i never played HKO myself but one thing is clear i am old enough to know when I should listen/do what people tells me to do and not to

I will however give it a shoot just to change the pace of the games I play, a little "relaxation"

being a cat, killing rabbits or whatever with a broom sounds interesting enough LOL!  - itchy and scratchy -

I have seen a lot more Men play HKO recently...thought that was interesting...