Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help with MMOG picking

KRILE0NKRILE0N Member UncommonPosts: 299

Well I really like being an archer and I don't want futuristic like guns and stuff. I want a bow. I been playing EQ and the ranger isn't majorly appealing to me because you press 1 button and the arrow goes without even line of sight which you can actually see the dang arrow turn around it's quite funny, but anyway I'm looking for a game with some cool archer in it.

I am looking forward to EQ2, but I just am not sure and would like to have a back-up plan. I also really enjoy PvP combat and it's a big rush when in PvP as an archer. I played DAoC and have thoughts of returning, but dcn't know the condition of the game.

I REALLY don't want a press a button archery system like EQ. So please help me out. Any MMOG i'd consider researching so please tell me what yas know.

Anyway if anyone has some tips for me please feel free to explain away. Thanks in advance =)

- Kyle D. LaRose

Comments

• TrebekTrebek Member Posts: 266

DaoC is decent. I played a Hunter, which is an archer class in midgard (although I wouldnt recommend that class) If you try DAOC, pick Hibernia and be a Ranger. They are archers who can also dual wield melee, and have self buffs. Very good archer class. Im not saying you will own everything, and im not saying you will get your ass kicked, but if you want to play a decent archer in a decent game, DaoC sounds like what you are lookin for.

-----------------------------------
    Final Fantasy | Free iPod
    -----------------------------------
    Long Term MMO's Played:
    Ultima Online - 3 Years
    Dark Age of Camelot - 3 Years

Less Than 1 Month:
    Shadowbane, Planetside
    Everquest, Ragnarok Online
    City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies
    Horizons, Fung Wan Online
    The Sims Online, EVE Online