Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cash Shop - Nexon's Scam

Wildman2121Wildman2121 Member Posts: 90

After playing MapleStory for about a month, I decided to get some Nexon Cash. Once I got it and entered the cash shop and looked around for a bit, I relized its one big scam. The "last for 90 days thing" is the worst thing Ive ever heard. While thats how they need to make their money, you would think they would let you keep the item forever. The cloths are pretty cool and if you control the spending, their not that bad to buy. But, lets not kid ourselves..YOU HAVE TO PAY NEXON CASH TO GET YOUR HAIR CHANGED TO SOMETHING DIFFERENT! Thats what I hate..and if you want to choose your hair style, you have to pay even MORE money, otherwise you risked getting a horrible haircut because you wanted to spend less money. And whats worse, if you want your hair a differnt color, its not included with the hair cut coupon, you have to spend even MORE money and get a hair color coupon. If you want to open up a ingame store to sell your items its not that big of a deal..all you have to do is spend 7$+ for a shop that will only be yours for a week  And if you want to train your charector a little faster with Double XP, then you have to pay 10$ to get a week with only 4 hours a day of double Xp. Not to mention its Pacific time, so if your not a late night person, you couldnt even use your double xp. So why do people buy NX cash? Its just Nexon's scam..

Comments

• PsychoJon200PsychoJon200 Member UncommonPosts: 24

Well, i do think that most free games do have that kind system. Its how they make money, like you said. You cant really say its a scam, i mean the time limit on an item is to a reasonable extend. But really its not how much it cost or even how long it last. If you played long enough as i have, you realize that people change outfits after ONE week within geting the outfits. I mean...sure okay thats okay if it wasnt real money but...the people do it so often that Nexon doesnt even care not to mention how bad they are ranked as a business.

• Kowboy_KittyKowboy_Kitty Member Posts: 41

It most certainly isn't a scam, as the person above me said, many F2P games have to do this to make money. Three months is a long time, three months is probably more than I would spend on this game. And it's not like to change your hair it costs you so much. You're exaggerating, at least it's not like conquer online where they are selling xp. Shops are expensive so that not everyone will have one. Double xp is like that so people who can pay won't have a rediculous edge over people who don't. Look at the bright side, in a way this makes the game more fair. Nexon Cash can be earned on Gaming Lagoon, check out my link.

• speedbreakerspeedbreaker Member Posts: 10

Well you can always buy codes from other players with a chance of being scammed but if you ask me its not worth real money =/

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124

I agree. The cash shop is not worth the money. Most of the items just make you look cool, but don't actually help you. However there are the 2x experience and other stuff but for me that kind of ruins the fun. But that's my opinion. I've noticed that players still go ahead and buy stuff just too look cool. It seems like everyone buys stuff from the cash shop.

• speedbreakerspeedbreaker Member Posts: 10

Yes dubbel exp would ruin the game if it wasent that its just for like 4 hours a day =/. But on global you can always go into a place and sell stuff to other players for nexon cash but u need good stuff to get anything.

• iFroobiFroob Member Posts: 52

I hope you know that if you play Maple story, you’re playing with a bunch of 7-14 year olds who care about how they look, so they can acquire an internet girlfriend.

And not everyone who does buy nx cash does with their pocket money of their daddies and mummies.

Seriously, it's only money, and if it makes you happy, what’s so bad about it? It's just like buying a new game for your console, except your getting pleasure off your character that you play in a game you love.

• LateonLateon Member Posts: 4

Offtopic, but:

Mee lives in Pacific ^_^

Ok, seriously. Nexon does The 90 day thing, so if people like their new "pwning super ultra mega kamehameha gun" they'll buy it again, and again, and again; even maybe recommending it to their friends.

The 4 hours per day is to prevent people from going on a training marathon for 50 days straight without eating or sleeping. Nexon doesn't want some news program that needs a story to find out that many people are passing out or vomiting because of Nexon's NEW MAPLESTORY awesome exp super gain. I was reading an article the other day about a boss that took 18 hours to beat. People were vomiting and passing out. Plus, people would get to level 200 in a snap. (Yeah, maybe a little bit of exaggeration, but you get my drift).

The Pacific timezone only, meh, maybe it would take up too much memory to record everyone's timezones and have a timer on each individual person seeing how long they play.

The hair issue. Okay, I agree that it's sort of stupid to hafta buy individual things to change your hair and hairstyle. But it's just hair. You'll probably cover it up with your helmet.

It may seem like I'm against your topic, so no offense. I'm just trying to be reasonable.

• playforfunplayforfun Member Posts: 5

from what i usually see by maplestory cash shop things... People just try to ethier cover their noobiness, cover their pro-ness, upgrade their pro-ness, or just show their creativity...

but then if it's not 3 month limit... you will be stuck with the same wear every time, and they are undropable btw...

However... when i buy nx, i just use it as profit, rarly never actually put it on stupid things...

One of the funniest thing about maplestory cash shop is so people would get married (sinful in the eyes of the Lord unless your married to that person in real life!!!!) Or just try to get graphical fantasy sex or "smex" as they call it.

Nx have it's own good sides and bad, but they should extend the time it lasts... that would make me want to get the clothing instead turning nx into cash

• CaliburXlCaliburXl Member Posts: 73

lol im just glad the hairstyles last forever, but it does suck that most items only last 90 days. i suppose they have to make the money somehow though