Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Special edition for 90.00 bucks?Gimme a break already!!

MaceGriffinMaceGriffin Member Posts: 53

This sounds a bit familiar doesnt it?Remember the SWG box set special edition?They gave away special items in that one as well.

Oh thats right its eq2.What was i thinking a whole new world with cutting edge graphics.

But thats all it will have.

You will still have to kill rats to level up to obtain new skills to camp a mob for a special item so you can kill better mobs to level up to obtain new skills to camp a mob for a special item.

A new house does not make a game a good game.

Same crap from the developers who made mmo's popular.

Comments

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Ummmm...

So don't buy it if you don't like it?

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875

You're a WoW fan, right?

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://eq2imperium.proboards15.com/index.cgi

Me? Nope, EQ2 fan all the way, I'll be buying 2 copies of EQ2, one Collector's Edition, one Standard.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

I was talking to MaceGriffin accutaly, lol. It seems like everyone that posts messages like this are wow fans. WoW will probaly have a CE too.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

hell i don't mind..

it's like the game of the decade!

oh and btw..the rats thing, in the pc gamer issue where they did a special on eqii, they said "just for the sake of old times, they added rats"

so it's not that you have to grind on rats..lol

I was talking to MaceGriffin accutaly, lol. It seems like everyone that posts messages like this are wow fans. WoW will probaly have a CE too.

Duh, that makes so much more sense... Me thinks me needs more coffee, must not be awake yet. Which is just scary in its own right, considering I've been out driving and running errands all morning...

Richard J. Cox

• NoisyMonkeyNoisyMonkey Member Posts: 220

Someone on these boards already pre ordered 6 ce.... thats quite alot of money.. they said they bought one for every family member.

Originally posted by Kunou

Duh, that makes so much more sense... Me thinks me needs more coffee, must not be awake yet. Which is just scary in its own right, considering I've been out driving and running errands all morning...

Anyway, it's good to see some admins are EQ2 fans, I got the view that most were WoW fans.

Yeah well, what can I say? I've been in the WoW beta for a bit now, I'll be writing up my thoughts on it here soon. Granted I havn't had the pleasure of playing EQ2 yet, it has much more of what I'm looking for in a game.

Richard J. Cox

• zcandymanzzcandymanz Member Posts: 113
    Ok well heres how I look at it, I am going to be playing everquest2 for 4 years, its not a question i have seen whats the game is like my friend is one of the several hundred people on the beta and i know i will play it. So i am going to spend at least $15 a month for 48 months that equals=$720 just in subscription fees, then there is the $50 everyone pays. $40 isnt that much in my eyes(when i am going to spend $770, I think the bonus is worth 3 hours at work) and its worth it I am going to have all that stuff that I think is cool.

<"Oh lets call him George W."

-Hilary Clinton

-Hilary Clinton

(sorry internet problems)

-Hilary Clinton

-Hilary Clinton

• MaceGriffinMaceGriffin Member Posts: 53

Actually no im not a "fan"at all ive given up on this genre already.I can guarantee all of you without a doubt that it will be a dissapointment.
    It will never live up to what is in your own mind.

Wow, so you can GUARANTEE us huh? Which would indicate you know exactly whats in our minds... Someone call Ripley's, we got ourselves a bonafide mind reader here! ;)

Richard J. Cox

• jd269jd269 Member Posts: 225
    Wait two years and the regular edition will be $9.99!  if you don't care about the stuff in the houses, why buy the collectors edition?  The regular edition is $49.99 and that is comparable to other games out there.

Also, if you've given up on the genre.. why bitch and moan about the price?

Originally posted by MaceGriffin

Actually no im not a "fan"at all ive given up on this genre already.I can guarantee all of you without a doubt that it will be a dissapointment.
    It will never live up to what is in your own mind.

Then why the hell are you on a site about a genre you're given up on? Look its called- MMORPG .com. Also, please don't go into a philosophy class, beacuse they could be the stupid thought I ever heard. But props on your mind reading ablitily.

• MaceGriffinMaceGriffin Member Posts: 53

Whatever its just like all the others dont forget this is the SAME company that produced that great game SWG.
    Hey ya know what my apologies i overstepped and dont know what im talking about whatsoever.Im no mind reader but i am basing what i say from previous experience.It does make me wonder though why so many people hate SOE.

I had no right to say what i did but you have to admit 90 bucks is a bit steep for a game.Then again there is a "legends" server right?What does that cost 50 bucks a month?Do you think it may cost 25 bucks a month to play eq 2?

postamble();

Originally posted by MaceGriffin

Whatever its just like all the others dont forget this is the SAME company that produced that great game SWG.
    Hey ya know what my apologies i overstepped and dont know what im talking about whatsoever.Im no mind reader but i am basing what i say from previous experience.It does make me wonder though why so many people hate SOE.
    I had no right to say what i did but you have to admit 90 bucks is a bit steep for a game.Then again there is a "legends" server right?What does that cost 50 bucks a month?Do you think it may cost 25 bucks a month to play eq 2?

I must feed troll! Well, I don't think SOE is the compete blame for the failure of SWG. We have to direct some at the SWG team also. I think that we should put our faith in the EQ2 team, not SOE(they are just the publishers). We can see not all of SOE's mmorpgs are bad, EQ has a great team with lots of commitment, SWG was a horrible game though. People should lose faith in all of SOE's games because of the SWG failure.  Let's look at the game itself, just because blizzard has a good record doesn't mean WoW is going to be the greatest game ever. The studio makes the game- sony is just the publisher(does nothing with the game). Every game publisher has a few bad games.

Either way, EQ2 will be 50 dollars plus 10-15 dollars a month- a industry standard.

• LugnardLugnard Member Posts: 474

Just a quick comparison between EQ2 and WoW CEs:

EQ2: $89.99

Features: Includes EverQuest II on a series of DVDs, and the following in-game items:
    · Paintings of EQ II scenery/screen shots to be used in player housing
    · Talking statues of Antonia and Lucan to be used in player housing
    · Exclusive baby dragon pet for player house

The collectors edition will also include the following in-box items:
    · Exclusive Art Book
    · Bonus DVD with all the trailers, gameplay videos and behind the scenes footage
    · Soundtrack CD
    · Collectors coin with velvet pouch
    · Cloth map of the Shattered Lands
    · Poster with Qeynos and Freeport maps on each side
    · Poster with Antonia and Lucan on each side

WoW: $79.99

Features:

200 page Art Book

Behind the Scenes DVD

Soundtrack w/exclusive Tracks

Cloth World Map

"Virtual Item" (unknown)

Is it me or is a mere 2 posters and a coin & pouch seem a bit lacking to warrent a $10 extra cost compared to WoW's CE? They're basically the same CE features yet one is $10 more than the other...

Well you get Paintings of EQ II scenery/screen shots to be used in player housing, talking statues of Antonia and Lucan to be used in player housing, exclusive baby dragon pet for player house, poster with Qeynos and Freeport maps on each side and poster with Antonia and Lucan on each side. None of this WoW CE has. But to WoW fans like you, it really doesn't matter what the EQ2 CE has either way. 10 more dollars is worth it. It not like the always sell for the recommend price, I have seen best buy and frys(when they first get big games in) sell for 10-20 less then the recommend price. I'm going for the cheaper cd version though....

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://eq2imperium.proboards15.com

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

First off for the ones that called SWG a failure... (Pulls his shank out) please don't call it a failure you clownshoes. Call E&B and failer or UX:O or TFL:O or or or even all the other ones that CLOSED DOWN AND HAVE NO MORE SUBSCRIBERS OR DIDNT EVEN MAKE IT OUT that is what a failure is.
    As for the $90 price, well there is more than enough stuff to make it 90 dollars. the game 50 the cloth map 10 i would guess if not more . The coin 10-20 dollars including the pouch. Ingame stuff (people buy things like these on ebay for more) 10-20 dollars. The soundtrack 20 dollars. Your attitude... well for the one that gave up on mmorpgs then wtf are you doing on the forums? i hope those where you last post because you have no place here then. " Move along citizen." (puts shank away)

• MegaWolfMegaWolf Member Posts: 425

Originally posted by Lugnard

Just a quick comparison between EQ2 and WoW CEs:
    EQ2: $89.99
    Features: Includes EverQuest II on a series of DVDs, and the following in-game items:
    · Paintings of EQ II scenery/screen shots to be used in player housing  Worth It
    · Talking statues of Antonia and Lucan to be used in player housing Worth It
    · Exclusive baby dragon pet for player house FREAKIN WORTH IT!
    The collectors edition will also include the following in-box items:
    · Exclusive Art Book Worth It
    · Bonus DVD with all the trailers, gameplay videos and behind the scenes footage  Worth It
    · Soundtrack CD WORTH IT x 2
    · Collectors coin with velvet pouch Worth It
    · Cloth map of the Shattered Lands Worth It
    · Poster with Qeynos and Freeport maps on each side  Worth It
    · Poster with Antonia and Lucan on each side Worth It
    WoW: $79.99
    Features:
    200 page Art Book EQ has it

Behind the Scenes DVD EQ has it

Soundtrack w/exclusive Tracks EQ has it

Cloth World Map EQ has it

"Virtual Item" (unknown) EQ has it except there are three and they are known
    Is it me or is a mere 2 posters and a coin & pouch seem a bit lacking to warrent a $10 extra cost compared to WoW's CE? They're basically the same CE features yet one is $10 more than the other...

Yes it is...

MegaWolf's EQ2 Site in the making.
    http://www.lovellz.net/battlefield/phpnuke/

Playing: Vanguard SoH
    Played: EQ, Planetside, SWG, WoW, EQ2

• VakktnVakktn Member Posts: 746

FYI the WoW CE at gamestop.com is $69.99 not $79.99...

I preordered the DVD reg version of EQ2... I get the statues of Antonia and Lucan for my house... thats all you really need....Paying 40 bucks more for more house "Furniture" (Paintings and a baby dragon) , a coin and CD/DVD (which will probabaly be ripped and downloadable off the internet anyways) isnt worth it.

No offence but people who buy the CE edition for the map to put on their walls need to get a life!.... If youre getting the map cuz you own a gaming/rping store or something then its cool.

I havent ordered WoW yet as im waiting for them to update or make an announcement finalizing the CE contents before I make my desicion.

---------------------------------

"Those who brake the ninja code and rules of this world are called trash. But you know what? Those who don't take care of their comrades are even lower than trash." - Hatake Kakashi

• VakktnVakktn Member Posts: 746

Originally posted by Kunou

Me? Nope, EQ2 fan all the way, I'll be buying 2 copies of EQ2, one Collector's Edition, one Standard.

Why did you buy two copies? Doesnt EQ2 allow you to have more then one char per server? If not thats lame =(

---------------------------------

"Those who brake the ninja code and rules of this world are called trash. But you know what? Those who don't take care of their comrades are even lower than trash." - Hatake Kakashi

• ksmith2629ksmith2629 Member Posts: 56

Our whole family is playing, so we have 11 copies ordered now, and 9 of them are collectors editions. We bought SWG the same way and played about 8 months...we plan much longer for EQ2....and we feel that the cost is much more fun then tv (which except for the cable modem is worthless sometimes), we are able to spend time together so our dollars are well spent. We got our preorder disks and everyone is enjoying those.

But there are always the regular game sets for $49.99....image...and lets face it the majority of all the new games are coming out at that price.