Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II Preorder and Game Editions Announced

DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875

From Moorgard on the everquest2.com forums-

Today our PR department sent out the following information:

The pre-order disc for EverQuest II, Sony Online Entertainment’s (SOE) highly-anticipated fantasy Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG), is currently being distributed, and the pre-order program will be in full distribution the week of August 2nd, at select retailers.  Three versions of the final game will be available at launch, all of which can be pre-ordered at participating retailers.  Here is a list of the three different skus:

CD Version ($49.99 SRP)
Includes EverQuest II on a series of CDs, in-game item (exclusive paintings of EverQuest II scenery/screenshots to be used in player housing), and in-box item (poster with Qeynos and Freeport maps on each side).

DVD Version ($49.99 SRP)
Includes EverQuest II on a series of DVDs, in-game item (talking statues of Antonia and Lucan to be used in player housing), and in-box item (poster with Qeynos and Freeport maps on each side).

Collectors Edition ($89.99 SRP)
Includes EverQuest II on a series of DVDs, and the following in-game items:
· Paintings of EQ II scenery/screen shots to be used in player housing
· Talking statues of Antonia and Lucan to be used in player housing
· Exclusive baby dragon pet for player house

The collectors edition will also include the following in-box items:
· Exclusive Art Book
· Bonus DVD with all the trailers, gameplay videos and behind the scenes footage
· Soundtrack CD
· Collectors coin with velvet pouch
· Cloth map of the Shattered Lands
· Poster with Qeynos and Freeport maps on each side
· Poster with Antonia and Lucan on each side

Note: This information pertains to the US market. Details on international editions will be posted soon.

Anyone think that the collectors edition is worth it?

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://eq2imperium.proboards15.com/index.cgi

Comments

• r1tualr1tual Member Posts: 559

Baby dragon sounds cool. As long as it makes noises and it goes around and does its thing in my home and entertains me then its all good.

• zcandymanzzcandymanz Member Posts: 113
    Sweet I think i am going to change my order to CE now, I think all that stuff is worth it if you love EQ and player housing loot.

<"Oh lets call him George W."

-Hilary Clinton

<"Oh lets call him George W."

-Hilary Clinton

• MrPunxMrPunx Member Posts: 70

i think i might get the CE but i dont know if i will want to pay 90$ for a coin and a pet dragon...... damn a pet dragon! ok so it is worth it but i still want my Jboots!!!!

"Your shoot me in a dream you better wake up and appologise!"(Mr White)

Greatest movies of all time:
    Resivoir Dogs
    Pulp Fiction
    Kill Bill

Mr. Tarantino's creations

• VakktnVakktn Member Posts: 746
    $90(40 bucks more) for a bunch of crap that will be placed in a players house and a coin and map.... wow what a rip off ROFL. Ill stick with the regular version. People who actually buy that at that price is insane. I could see paying $90 if they gave you something useful in the game but not something thats just gonna sit in a house. Guess its only good for those roleplaying guys. *shrugs* oh well to each his own.

---------------------------------

"Those who brake the ninja code and rules of this world are called trash. But you know what? Those who don't take care of their comrades are even lower than trash." - Hatake Kakashi

• sparkatbsparkatb Member UncommonPosts: 175

But then, isnt $50 for a game... "insane".

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Personally i think its getting too commerical.

Ok so far for pre orders and collectors editions you been getting cosmetic stuff ie the glasses in SWG.

But now SoE have crossed the line by handing out Jbooots which have an impact on the game.While they claim the SoW effect will not be more then the lowest run buff in the game it still has an effect on classes without such abilities.

I have nothing against glasses,cool looking shirts,dragon pet in the house(hopefully this will not be a fighting pet),paintings,clocks or what not.But when you have something that actually does something ingame play i think thats just been greedy and forcing people to pay more and pre order.

• SimonsaysSimonsays Member Posts: 64

1. Can you beat the hell out of your baby dragon?

2. If you can (beat the hell out of it); when your baby dragon grows up does it kick your ass back?

3. Either way it will still be cool to have a baby dragon. image

If i could parade around town with my baby dragon I could see it being worth it... maybe... but you cant from what i read... its a house item.. it sits in your house the whole time.... BORING....

Hell I get the talking statues with the regular DVD version ... so theres really no insentive to pay $40 more for 2 more pieces of "Furniture" for a house that you really cant show off unless you have a party =P

Hell just having a hot sexy statue of Antonia in my house is enough for me =D

"Those who brake the ninja code and rules of this world are called trash. But you know what? Those who don't take care of their comrades are even lower than trash." - Hatake Kakashi

• FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344

Are your prices listed in Canadian or American currency? Because 50$US is going to be insanley expensive here in Canada!

Collectors Editions are just for people who feel they must have every aspect of th game available. Usually the Hardcore fans by them....

pshh, ide rather kill a dragon then have one image

-Farseen-

Played: UO, EQ, AO, SWG, FFXI, Shadowbane, EVE, Horizons, AC2, DAoC, L][

Current Testing/Playing: CoH, RYL, Everquest 2 (soon)

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

• BlackMoonBlackMoon Member Posts: 177
    I'm pretty positive the prices are in USD. That's the normal price for a game nowadays. Is it usually cheaper there? I don't know if they change the price per country, but the price given was right no par with the united states average.

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875

This information pertains to the US market. Details on international editions will be posted soon.

Its all in USD. Canada might get a different version(international) for less though. 50 dollars a game is pretty standard now, so the price isn't horriable. Either way, most stores have discounts when they first get the game in(to bring ppl into the store)- like Frys and Best Buy.

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://eq2imperium.proboards15.com/index.cgi

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

It's all a matter of personal preference, to me it's worth it, to others it isn't. I'll be buying 2 accounts, only one will be the CE tho.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• jd269jd269 Member Posts: 225

Worth it I guess if you're a collector of that stuff, better deal than the SWG collector's edition.. I have some friends that will no doubt buy that version.. I myself will buy the cheap version.

• LugnardLugnard Member Posts: 474

edited - double post

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015
    I personally don't need any of the extra stuff in the Collector's edition. If it was only $10 more or something I might consider it, but since I already preordered the DVD edition I see no need to upgrade $40 to get stuff I'll never use. For some people I think its fine- like someone said Rpers- its just not for me.

Currently:
    Alpha: Guild Wars
    Playing: City of Heroes
    Interested: WOW & EQII (yeah, both... deal with it)

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• DeadmanIncDeadmanInc Member Posts: 75
    40$ more is ok, just the soundtrack CD is worth around 15$-20$ ( standar price for a music cd )

Originally posted by DeadmanInc
    40$ more is ok, just the soundtrack CD is worth around 15$-20$ ( standar price for a music cd )

I bet someone will rip it and host it online to download just like every other soundtrack CD hehe.... Least Im hoping image

• ThispersonThisperson Member Posts: 129
    $40 extra=waste of money. image Its not like youre gonna be spending alot of time in your EQ house.
  • VassagoVassago Member Posts: 75

This post has a very large collection of ignorant remarks.  For those who post that the game is way too expensive and can't justify buying the more expensive versions, you're blind to the commercial side of gaming.  Producers of a game are going to sell the game for the most profit, guaranteed.  People will pay those prices for a game, so why not charge them?  If you're one of those people who will not buy the game becuase it costs too much, you're nothing but an expected statistic that SOE predicted would be turned away from a high price, and they don't care about you.  The same is true for those of you who won't pay the higher price for the CE for the same reason.  The justification is subjective, either you'll pay it or you won't.  They'll make roughly the amount they predict either way.

PS - If you sense that you're being forced to buy something, call the cops cause it's illegal.  But if you tell them your Jboot story, you'll make headline news for being the stupidest person in America. 

Genetics loads the gun; lifestyle pulls the trigger.

Genetics loads the gun; lifestyle pulls the trigger.