Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gil-income estimate at higher level?

SamuraiEtoSamuraiEto Member Posts: 50
Just looking for an informed opinion from someone that has a higher level character (60-75) on what kind of income you can make at those levels? I make a healthy income from auction house trading at level 20, but I know this income will suck when I reach the higher levels and will need equipment 2-3x what I'm paying for now. Is it all about hunting for rares at that level? Learning a tradeskill?

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

when I played FFXI i had a lvl 55 Bard.  The income never changed lol.

If you want money you HAVE to go into crafting and put a ton of money into it at first...then the money will pour in.  But you need to have a lot of gil first.

Also, if you wanna make money quicker get 2 more account....dedicate one of them in the Bastok mines to mine different ores like silver, iron, dark, etc...then give 7 to one character, 7 to the other, and 7 to the other and sell them all in the auction houses.

You can net a good chunk of gil a day that way

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• CleoCleo Member Posts: 6

You don't necessarily have to go into crafting to make money.  Selling the ores will get you some good money, but so will farming other materials that crafters need.  I've found that the raw materials usually cost more than the finished product.  Also you can do BCNMs (I'd suggest after 40 though as BCNM 30 bites ^.~).  You can also farm seeds from various saplings and garden.  There are countless ways to make money and depending on your class you will need a lot of it.  Try several options and pick the one that works best for you.  Also don't overlook the high pay-out repeatable quests that are available to you.

Hope I helped ^.^

------
    Cleo

54 RDM - 45 NIN - 27 WHM - 26 WAR - 18 THF - 18 BLM - 14 SAM - 10 MNK - 8 RNG - 7 DRG - 5 DRK - 4 BST ....

------
    Cleo

56 RDM - 45 NIN - 27 WHM - 26 WAR - 22 BLM - 18 THF - 14 SAM - 10 MNK - 8 RNG - 7 DRG - 5 DRK - 4 BST ....

• AmanteAmante Member Posts: 12

You can make amazing money at any level very easily: Rusty Caps.

Head to your hometown, buy one fishing bucket.  Put it in your moghouse.. Make sure you have nothing else, because you want Moghancement: Fishing (Fish up more items).  Head to Rabao, pick up a Composite Rod and a Rogue Rig, and start fishing.  I do it 2-3 hours a day, and get a full inventory of caps in that time (without gobbiebags).

Then you have two options.. You can sell the rusty caps for 1500-2000 gil each, or you can level smithing to 26 and restore the caps into Padded Caps.  Leveling smithing to 26 is expensive, but you make a LOT more money off caps.  Plus you don't have to wait for players to buy from your bazaar/AH, you synth them and sell them to NPCs for ~2600 gil.

After paying for Light Crystals, factoring in failed synths, I make anywhere from 50-100k a day (100k a day is only if I fish for more than 3 hours - usually 50).