Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leveling through PvP

It shouldn't be the main focus for leveling, but all these new pvp games coming out should have it as an option. No one likes coming from one game to another doing the same game play again.

Pats are gonna go 19-0 2008-2009 season

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

I really don't see the point of taking the risk to level in pvp, personally i find pve just as fun if not funner at times, but thats just me.

Thats not to say I dont enjoy pvp, I love it, especially in Eve and back in Daoc.

Personally I support a FFA pvp system, with some protected zones for those who don't want to get involved, and should you die in pvp your killer should be able to loot anything you havent stored in a bank or house/etc.

• fuzzylojikfuzzylojik Member Posts: 432

PvP levelling in a PvP centric game makes sense.   And the thing is you'll just get a different experience every time.  Unfortunately, players have a tendency to dissapear when they are grinded on and if there are not enuff players to fight... there may be a problem.

I'll love to level in pvp only.  Unfortunately, I'll level whichever is the fastest route possible.

They should let player control mobs... that would be cool.  Suddenly a dumb pve mob that was like lumbering around you 10 feet away charges you and uses ultra-combo-lightingstrike-whirlwind-backstab attack... and you die.  Hmm then again most PvErs may get heart attacks and law suits may ensue......

• doomrahdoomrah Member CommonPosts: 376

from what i have read, you'll be able to lvl in WAR through PVP or PVE

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

from what i have read, you'll be able to lvl in WAR through PVP or PVE
    it's good to have the option as either the PvP or PvE could truely suck.
  • LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Why should one have to level to PvP at all? I like what they did with Guild Wars - you can create a maximum level PvP-only character that has access to the Battle Isles and its own "currency" (Balthazar Faction) which can be used to unlock new skills and items.

• JustBeJustBe Member Posts: 495

I'd like to be able to level via PVP but the problem with games that would let you do it is the fact that it's quicker to just level via PVE and then once they get to a certain level they just camp all the lower levels whoa re trying to level via PVP which is ALOT slower.

----------------------------------------
    Talking about SWG much?

• RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Originally posted by Lydon

Why should one have to level to PvP at all? I like what they did with Guild Wars - you can create a maximum level PvP-only character that has access to the Battle Isles and its own "currency" (Balthazar Faction) which can be used to unlock new skills and items.

I just don't like Guild Wars' class system at all.

Also, in WAR you can PvP at any level. In fact, you can only do PvP and not touch PvE content at all. Getting XP while you PvP is one of the more attractive parts of WAR for me.

Also, to the person who said about the higher levels camping the lower levels...

Only similar levels of people can PvP in WAR. There is a system in place that doesn't allow higher levels to gank much lower level people.

-I know this post isn't entirely about WAR, but I think given the nature of this thread, this information is relevant.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by Raunu 
    I just don't like Guild Wars' class system at all.

Fair enough, but what does that have to do with PvP leveling?

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

I agree with Lydon: what is the point of having levels (and gear-stress) in PvP at all? I'd much rather see that you can, as in GW: create a PvP only character and bring it into PvP ready to play, with that system you can easily try out different classes and can easily switch if you're required to play something else.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

Meh, that would just transform players into more clever mobs, there to be grinded. The best reward PvP should bring is the satisfaction of killing an enemy and the control of an area, but devs tend to separate PvP from PvE in a horrible way lately. Harsh Death penalty for the dead would be the best reason to kill an enemy, and the best way to control PvP since people would have to think twice before jumping on someone.