Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

/level command still available?

panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Have a mate who has recently tried Daoc, if i were to reactivate my account is /level still available so i could get my middie on merlin to 20?

ta :)

Pan

Pan

Comments

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670
    yup

• SyriSyri Member UncommonPosts: 230

yes, it's still available, but the /level to 30 has been removed. will be 20 all the time, all servers, all realms. basically, cause as soon as the population balance got resolved, it got put back to 20, and everyone lost interest again.
    but yes, to answer the question, you can still /level and create a small army of lvl 20 characters

------------------------------
    Currently playing: Rift

former player of: DAoC, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, SWG (pre-NGE), WoW, Warhammer online, LotR:O

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574
    The /20 command is the main reason I no longer play.  The best part of DAOC, in my opinion, was the low level game.  Mythic killed this with the silly /20 command.  Nowadays, noob-land is empty and it will never be the same.

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

Billus is right as always.

If there aren't loads of people lining up to give away free phat lewtz or PL the lowbes then it sucks!

Whats the point of even getting to the highend game, everytime you get to level 10 you should start over. Getting above n00b-land is for losers.

High level charaters of level 21 ruin the game for everyone.

-=-=-=-=-
    "We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."
    John Blakely Senior lead for EQ2. Link

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397
    The low level part of Daoc was for me some of the best fun i have ever had in a mmorpg. A mate of mine picked up the trial and is hooked....so thought i would catch her up with /level :) Toa,buffbots and uber loot killed daoc :(

Pan

Pan

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Level 1 to 20 took me 6 days. Skipping 6 days of bs newbie leveling is no biggie. Anyone who considers this early nonsense to be fun gameplay needs to have their head checked.

--------------------------------------
    Played: AC1, DAoC, E&B, SWG
    Tested: AC1, AC2, DAoC, Eve, Planetside, Rubies, Lineage 2, MU Online

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397
    I'll swap insta-mez, aoe, dead in seconds in emain for noobship anytime! 

Pan

Pan

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574

Originally posted by Clever_Glove

Billus is right as always.
    If there aren't loads of people lining up to give away free phat lewtz or PL the lowbes then it sucks!

Whats the point of even getting to the highend game, everytime you get to level 10 you should start over. Getting above n00b-land is for losers.
    High level charaters of level 21 ruin the game for everyone.

Don't know where you're gettting this "If there aren't loads of people lining up to give away free phat lewtz or PL the lowbes then it sucks!" from, because I've never said I was for PL'ing.  In fact, if you read into my comments, the very fact I dislike the /20 command indicates I do NOT like PL'ing. 

I just think a game, if it's to have longevity, needs to have a steady stream of low levels cycling through the ranks.  If most of the folks on a server are at, or near, max level, then it seems to me the server, if not the game, is on it's way to dying out.  It's just a law of attrition, nothing more.

Camelot City is nearly empty these days.  That's a problem.  The /20 command is a big part of that problem.

• Originally posted by Annekynn

Level 1 to 20 took me 6 days. Skipping 6 days of bs newbie leveling is no biggie. Anyone who considers this early nonsense to be fun gameplay needs to have their head checked.
    --------------------------------------
    Played: AC1, DAoC, E&B, SWG
    Tested: AC1, AC2, DAoC, Eve, Planetside, Rubies, Lineage 2, MU Online

I just started the DAoC free trial 2 days ago. So far I am up to level 5 and 6 with my first, and second characters. I cannot understand how nor why anygame would want players to automatcially skip levels. Why not start ALL player characters out at level 40? Or 50? 

So far DAoC seems like EQ, but with slightly better graphics, and superior movement. I have not checked out DAoC's main game mechanic which is PvP....yet. But I AM having fun playing levels 1 to 6 while exploring the gameworld. You might consider anyone enjoying levels 1-6 nonsense, but it is how a game hooks NEW customers by making the early levels fun, intresting, and senseble.

The poster before you, Panache got it down right!

=========================
    ======= SIGNATURE =========
    =========================
    MMORPG games I've played:
    -------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    -----------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01