Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

yes, yes, and yes...but...

Yes, AoC has problems. Yes, I have crashed in the middle of a fight. Ye, I get annoyed at the loading times. But, after all that, it is still a fun game (at least so far to lvl 48). Keep in mind I am a casual player on a PvP server, and I don't look at the game as a job or grind. I just need a few hours of engaging fun on the weekends. I aint looking for anything groundbreaking, in fact, I like it simple. Maybe thats why I also like LotRO as well. I hope the dudes at funcom give the naysayers what they want, but I doubt it. There is no need, however, to constantly bash the dern game. If it aint fun for you, move on! Is there any game to please all? Absolutly not. But what do I know, I like most of them, even WoW (For a short time) and I really enjoyed AA.

Comments

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657

That was my perspective until 48 (the level you run out of quests until mid 70's, even then questing areas camped by groups of 10-20 level 80's who are bored because of lack of endgame content) as well actually, I then grinded to level 72, and sold my account on accountsbay for 90$ :)

EDIT: The 90$ went towards a collectors edition of Warhammer.

• stucoolstucool Member Posts: 134

Well, at least you didnt bash in your response. I may move on as well sometime myself. But right now my quest log is full. Not saying there is no grind past 48, cause I dont know. What Im saying is it aint that dern bad. Yes, I get bored with MMO's, but I change to another, get bored with that and move to an old one or a new one. For me it has been WoW to CoH, to AA, to EQ2, to CoH, to DDO, to WoW, to LotRO, to EQ2, to DDO, to LotRO, to AoC, etc.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
    Originally posted by mrroboto40

That was my perspective until 48 (the level you run out of quests until mid 70's, even then questing areas camped by groups of 10-20 level 80's who are bored because of lack of endgame content) as well actually, I then grinded to level 72, and sold my account on accountsbay for 90$ :)

EDIT: The 90$ went towards a collectors edition of Warhammer.

FYI if you were running out of quests from 48 to your mid 70s.. you weren't looking very hard. That or not grouping what so ever.

I'm playing and having a blast. Got my main to 80 and been PvPing and have been building our guild city, formed a large alliance and participated in a little Sieging :)

Course.. I'm a 'fanboi' apparently, so thats why I enjoy the game. Certainly needs some work but theres nothing on the horizon that is appealing to me. Besides WAR.. but have you seen any gameplay vids of that lately? I think I'd fall asleep if I played that. AoC combat has spoiled me.

• zonzaizonzai Member Posts: 358
    Originally posted by stucool

(at least so far to lvl 48).

Until about level 75ish I felt the same way.  But once you hit end-game there is little reason to pay $15 a month to play it.  And a lot of us felt the same way.

So, rather than adding new content, FC decided to make leveling slower and more difficult.

• NoktarisNoktaris Member Posts: 270

I got 80 a few weeks ago,but sadly likely wont renew my account (I did renew the game once). Myself and all the friends I moved over with are rather bored now.

Now here is the thing...I really do enjoy Conan,it's been one of the more fun experiences in a new MMORPG I've had in awhile. But after I hit 80 the magic just kind of faded with each patch and the lack of things to do at level 80.

Even though I'm going to cancel I'll still be paying attention to how they develop the game, and will probably reactivate my account sometime later once the game is a little more finished. Right now it just seems like they don't have some clear cut plan on what they are going to do with the game.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

you crashed in the middle of a fight?  lame

worst i have had was freezing after i enter an instance (solo one at that) but i can attribute that to my craptacular computer and internet.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads