Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turn-Based MMORPG

matthewf978matthewf978 Member Posts: 287

Are there any mmorpgs with the following traits:

Turn-Based Multi-Character-Based

Like gold box D&D or Infinity from Bioware(limited timer for tactical planning).

Bird's Eye Option

I want to see the bigger picture for tactile emersion.

Destroyable Landscape(siege engines)

I have been told City of Villains implements something like this. A player can amass a castle which can be raided, but repopulates/rejuvenates after x amount of time interval has elapsed. I might lose the battle, but my property can be rebuilt.

Environmental Effects on Combat

If you attempt to raid a castle on a mountain during winter then expect to fall under an archery attack.

Simultaneous Combat Actions

Unlike chess where one competitor moves at a time, multiple combatants all select their actions in a simultaneous turn interval and they all move simultaneously after the turn interval elapses.

Swords and Sorcery Genre

I want to participate in a strategy campaign, not a who has the biggest gun contest.

Single Class System

No tanking-healing-samurai-war mages allowed.

Line-of-sight and Area-based targeting system

If I launch a fireball at the corner then I want the assassin standing on the other side to be toasted.

PvP Optional/No penalty combat system

Noone wants to lose that badass two-handed sword or magic wand they spent 2 weeks camping. However, we do want to send our opponent to the nearest morgue for rejuvenation; for the ladder. Multi-player and late-comer unconditional-entrance is a must; if the time for battle has arrived then lets lay the entire hand out on the table.

Stances

Combat stances like offensive, defensive, and standard; preferrable more.

Live Quests

Does the dungeon master send a bloodthirsty horde of goblins into a nearby hamlet? Perhaps a sorceror and his pet dragon? What about that hero status for contributing in the protection of the cities well-being?

If your game has one or more of these traits then it might be an enduring gaming experience.

Comments

• PolarisZPolarisZ Member Posts: 7

Hi check out this game Aegis - www.worldofaegis.com it will suit you perfectly. My name is PolarisZ in the game hit me up through the message system and i'll help you out with resources kingdom etc

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

You might also try; http://global.4story.com/

All thou now I've read your post I gotta say it sounds more like you want a MMORTS style game, try dreamlords as well if this is the case.