Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What server / zone has any players on?

appelappel Member Posts: 53

Alright so I logged in that game last night,  re-figured out some basic controls and was running around....Problem is I never saw a single other player. So my question is what server / zones  has any active population - that where the fun is. 

Comments

• declaredemerdeclaredemer Member Posts: 2,698

Join Combine server.

Join newplayers channel.

Nearly 200 new players in this channel alone at certain times.  At 2:00 a.m. last night there was over 100 new players in that channel. 

Avoid progression and classic guilds, not sure if they recruit in that channel or not.  They bring an attitude, focus on player-imposed rules that will prevent you from really exploring and flourishing in the game.

Post here with questions.

• appelappel Member Posts: 53

Thanks I'll try that one.

I'm feeling like a newb - what is meant by progression and classic guilds?

This progression server thing is new to me.

• ElivoElivo Member UncommonPosts: 71

The classic guilds will probably only want you to stay in the zone areas of classic or original EQ, before the expansions.

Progression guilds are the ones that want to rush through the content as fast as they can.

The progression servers started a whle back, and the base game was all you could play untill all the raid encounters were beaten. Then the next expansion in the line would become available to play in as well, and so on untill they were all opened.

I played on these servers back when they first opened, and it was a ton of fun, people were everywhere and it was jsut like old times in EQ, the problem was that these progression guilds (zerg) were running through everything as fast as they could, and the people that wanted to take thier time and enjoy the were left in the dust.

Alot of us wanted time locks and such in place so even if these guilds did all the raid stuff, the expansions wouldnt open up for about 3 or so months reguardless. But of course SOE paied us no mind and let the expansions keep rolling in.