Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should i try the game

jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Im not technically looking for a long term commitment but for the 7 dollar activation fee for the game and all expansions, should I at least try it.

I played the game without the expansions and it was an nightmare, it was almost too horrible to work the UI, is there any upgrades to this with the expansions?

Should I try the game at all, even just for the month?

-Jive

Comments

• BrezjnevBrezjnev Member UncommonPosts: 98

Best AO gui imo: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=419890

You can also enable/disable stuff in the F10 menu, and you can also make new chat windows so you can split chat from combat/system/... messages and so on (right-mouse click on chat window for the options). Once I got the hang of it I found AO had simply one of the best GUI systems simply because I could trim it down to the basics :)

As for giving it a try for a month: I would because AO is part of the history of mmorpgs and while the game has many flaws, it did some things right. One of the best points of AO for me was its consistent world (many a noob has walked from Rome to Omni-trade because they didn't know of the whompa ) and it's history. I think you can read up on the history of Omni-Tek (and the clans+ICC) on Rubi-Ka on the ao website (prophet without honor etc), but the background history of AI and SL is mostly explained in quests in SL I think, which you won't be able to do in a month.

• VioletteViolette Member UncommonPosts: 119

Jive, I suggest waiting until fall when the new long-awaited graphics update supposedly comes out. They may update the Gui too.

• VioletteViolette Member UncommonPosts: 119

Btw, you might like Notum Dovvetech - it's a very popular Gui skin created by a player. It might make the UI a little bit more friendly for you. Get it here

• piithpiith Member Posts: 95

Upgrading account to the full expansions will not change anything, it just adds more content and maps ,missions, armors.