Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF group/party centered game

stawrstawr Member Posts: 15

My boyfriend and I are looking for a new game to play together while we wait on WAR and some other games. He is a total WoW fanatic, loves to raid, and he loves to PvP. I'm bored of WoW, I hate raiding, but I enjoy PvP. Ovbiously, we need a game in which we can interact with eachother through a party/group system that doesn't completely slaughter the XP rate or cost me $80 and a $15 sub fee every month.

Games that we've played together:

-WoW

-RO

-AoC

-Halo Series

-FF series (not really together but...we both still enjoy it)

-BF series

And ideal game for us would be:

-minimal grinding, more objective questing/goals

-good PvP content

-graphics that don't make me totally sadface

-anything mmo or fps

-not a completely shitty community

Comments

• mrguy123mrguy123 Member Posts: 69

Well if you are looking for a game with a good party/group system. City of Heroes/Villains would be your best choice. It has the best teaming system of any MMO in my opinion. In my experience from WoW, most questing leaves you soloing or duoing with a friend, but in CoH/V, soloing is rarely done by anyone. As for your list:

-minimal grinding, more objective questing/goals - CoX may seem like a grind to some, but that's only if you make it. I would suggest finding a good SG to stick with and teaming regularly.

-good PvP content - PvP in CoX comes in 2 forms: The Arena and Zone. The Arena is a large arena located in different zones. You can go there and schedule matches that range from duels to team battle royals and supergroup battles. There are 4 zones that are PvP zones. Once you enter them PvP is out in the open. They each have different level ranges and objectives within them. Zone PvP is much more common and used than Arena PvP.

-graphics that don't make me totally sadface - CoX has great graphics.

-anything mmo or fps - MMO of course.

-not a completely shitty community - One of the best communities I've encountered.

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

Vanguard is probably everything you want besides the PvP part.  The game got a major overhaul is actually very good atm.