Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SirMolle goal is to control all of Eve

PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

For at least two years, the dominant conflict in the game has been between two alliances known as Band of Brothers and Goonswarm. Band of Brothers, known as BOB, is a wealthy, elite (some would say elitist) group that many players simultaneously admire, fear and despise. Goonswarm is a proudly profane group that conducts highly effective psychological warfare alongside its military campaigns. Like the members of BOB, Goons are also simultaneously admired, feared and despised by many Eve players.

Perhaps the most famous, powerful player in Eve is a character called SirMolle, leader of BOB. In real life he is Par Molen, a 41-year-old manager for a heating-and-cooling systems company in Sweden. Shortly after CCP, the company that makes Eve, convened its player council in Iceland, Mr. Molen welcomed more than 150 players from more than 15 countries to the annual weeklong BOB barbecue near Copenhagen.

At the barbecue Mr. Molen unveiled a new strategy called Max, for Maximum Damage. While most Eve campaigns center on taking and controlling regions of space, BOB’s new Maximum Damage doctrine focuses on simply pillaging and destroying the territories of others.

“Our goal is to control all of Eve,” Mr. Molen said in an interview over an Internet voice chat program. “It’s totally impossible to claim all of Eve physically. But it’s possible to control the people. It’s possible to control the alliances, be it by economic means or fighting means or political means. That was the goal and that is the goal.”

Copyright 2008 The New York Times Company

www.nytimes.com/2008/06/28/arts/television/28beve.html

Comments

• TesinatoTesinato Member UncommonPosts: 222

omg.  I read this and just started smiling.  EvE has finally made the papers.  That is quite an accomplishment, and on top of that, one of the best alliances in existance featured.  Good for you BoB.  You deserve it.

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416

This is old news, SirMolle has never hidden his aspirations, on the contrary hes always made them quite public.

---

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Originally posted by godpuppet
    This is old news

Pretty much.

But now it has changed from "let's control all of eve" (which bob couldn't do) to "let's MAX!!!11oneeleven".

Let's see what comes next, our people are already complaining about a lack of targets.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

This is old news, SirMolle has never hidden his aspirations, on the contrary hes always made them quite public.

It never made it on the NYT i bet..

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244
    Originally posted by batolemaeus

This is old news

Pretty much.

But now it has changed from "let's control all of eve" (which bob couldn't do) to "let's MAX!!!11oneeleven".

Let's see what comes next, our people are already complaining about a lack of targets.

setup an altcorp and sign it up for faction warfare. much lulz.

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

I dont think BoB willl ever control all of EvE because even if they could ccp wont let them. The reason why i think this is that BoB got help by gm's long time ago and  they got caut and if ccp actualy lets BoB succeed they will have to live with a curse.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,830

As the years go by you will see more and more of Eve in the news. Have you seen the commercials on the sci fi channel yet?

I think the devs would not interfere with the domination of the game.  I can't wait for ambulation and teraforming(one day)~

• DJDizzyDJDizzy Member Posts: 119

i wouldnt say that sirmolle is the most powerful person, rather i would say that istvaan is

Your culture will adapt to serve us.
    Resistance is futile

• shinobi234shinobi234 Member Posts: 437
    Originally posted by Precusor

For at least two years, the dominant conflict in the game has been between two alliances known as Band of Brothers and Goonswarm. Band of Brothers, known as BOB, is a wealthy, elite (some would say elitist) group that many players simultaneously admire, fear and despise. Goonswarm is a proudly profane group that conducts highly effective psychological warfare alongside its military campaigns. Like the members of BOB, Goons are also simultaneously admired, feared and despised by many Eve players.

Perhaps the most famous, powerful player in Eve is a character called SirMolle, leader of BOB. In real life he is Par Molen, a 41-year-old manager for a heating-and-cooling systems company in Sweden. Shortly after CCP, the company that makes Eve, convened its player council in Iceland, Mr. Molen welcomed more than 150 players from more than 15 countries to the annual weeklong BOB barbecue near Copenhagen.

At the barbecue Mr. Molen unveiled a new strategy called Max, for Maximum Damage. While most Eve campaigns center on taking and controlling regions of space, BOB’s new Maximum Damage doctrine focuses on simply pillaging and destroying the territories of others.

“Our goal is to control all of Eve,” Mr. Molen said in an interview over an Internet voice chat program. “It’s totally impossible to claim all of Eve physically. But it’s possible to control the people. It’s possible to control the alliances, be it by economic means or fighting means or political means. That was the goal and that is the goal.”

i dont think its possible to control all of eve lol unless its 0.0 or low sec i mean eve is to huge to control it all :)

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    Originally posted by Precusor

i was re-reading this post.... and it dawned on me...

molley invited people to a BBQ... there was probably alcohol at the BBQ... if you knew someone in sweden, that gave you free BBQ ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BOOZE.... wouldn't you want them to succeed so that you could continue to get the booze and steaks?

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• KurirKurir Member UncommonPosts: 244

This guy should have been banned back when the whole cheating thing was first revealed but I guess several CCP employees were attendees of his previous events which would explain his Teflon like ability to keep anything from sticking to him.

Originally posted by Kurir

This guy should have been banned back when the whole cheating thing was first revealed but I guess several CCP employees were attendees of his previous events which would explain his Teflon like ability to keep anything from sticking to him.

well, yeah.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• AmosTraskAmosTrask Member Posts: 30

soo....

This guy has proclaimed his wishes to take over eve and reveiled how he is going to acheive his goal leaving us nothing to do but to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Originally posted by AmosTrask

soo....
    This guy has proclaimed his wishes to take over eve and reveiled how he is going to acheive his goal leaving us nothing to do but to sit back and enjoy the ride.

and eat fried chicken!

i mean bbq'd chicken!

they already decided they'd take over eve and went from being evil overlords to abandoning all their pets and getting knocked back to a tiny area.

now they're making lots of noise so that people will pay them attention.

• etaonnextbanetaonnextban Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by damian7

Originally posted by AmosTrask

soo....

and eat fried chicken!

i mean bbq'd chicken!

they already decided they'd take over eve and went from being evil overlords to abandoning all their pets and getting knocked back to a tiny area.

now they're making lots of noise so that people will pay them attention.

The last part of your comment is 100% correct,BoB was only a strong alliance due to the fact of numbers and they had superior production deparment up ,making titans accesible to them early.

Even if BoB does manage to control all of 0.0 (I doubt it ,even after hell froze over and angels engulfed in flames fell from the sky) they wont be able to hold ,when you frolic around waving your alpha e-peen you will surely make others want to do the same,soo new alliances will be formed and eventualy your e-peen will be sliced into tiny bits.

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

Honestly without the bob (and allies/ friends) vs all 0.0 fighting wouldnt be half as intense as it is now. They are a necessary evil, and goons have proved it in most mmo they play they are cunts that beleive in 2 things: ganking and hittign below the belt.

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.