Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A possibly ambitious idea

catofmanycatofmany Member UncommonPosts: 30

So here is my idea for the mmolist:

We all have probably gotten to know the basic classic combat system that many mmo's use:

click once to select an enemy, click again to start an auto attack, heal and use skills as needed.

My proposition is to either add a combat grading system (based on how much innovation there is on the baseline stated above), or just try to make sure that what is 'different' about each games combat is easy to find on the main page for each game.

I'm suggesting this as I personally want to know about how combat is handled as the most important part of an mmo. story and the rest is important of course, but for me, combat is often a game breaker. So far the site is great for sorting games by all sorts of categories, but i just wish i had combat as one also.

Of course your mileage may vary

Now, I would be remiss if I were to make a proposal without addressing where I think it's weak;

1. The main problem is that "how different" is a bit vague. especially now as we are starting to see mmorts, mmofps and other variants pop up. I would assume that these subgenres would get their own category for sorting, but they have yet to solidify a nice base line they could deviate from.

Also the very concept of how different is kinda hard to give a solid rating system for.

2. how to aquire the info. I doubt that any company will have a standardized combat difference in their press releases along with nice, easy to add info like subscription price.  This leaves actually researching the games system. I doubt the site would do it, so i guess this would have to be another fan rated aspect of the gamelist like the current game rating.

So, what do you all think? good idea? bad idea? impossable?