Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is awesome! Take a look!

hosalhosal Member Posts: 39

--=THIS WAS AN ORIGINAL POST ON THE KETTEMOOR FORUMS BY POUTLIPPER=--

Come to Kettemoor!  I know what you're thinking, "Kettemoor has no population; I have a elder so-and-so here, etc, etc"

Has playing on your server grown monotonous?  Doing the SAME thing every day?  That's what many of us have experienced.

Recently a group of veterans created several new characters on Kettemoor and are starting from scratch.  Currently we have 32 ACTIVE members in our guild, plus a well organized city ready for a shuttle.  We have experienced crafters who are more than willing to help others learn the ropes of crafting.  Also we currently have 4 level 90 entertainers so you'll hardly find it difficult to receive buffs during your leveling process.

Most of us are still in the early stages of the legacy quest, around levels 15-25, and have already started adding guild vendors providing free gear and weapons to guild members.

You will find starting a toon from scratch surprisingly fun when you do not have millions to instantly equip your toon with, along with the fact that you have around 25 people all leveling at the same time.   There is NO planet that is capped on cities, so you'll have no problem finding your perfect location to place your city.

We have had a great turnout from the player base already getting things going on this server, but even more, would be even better.  This is as close to a virgin server as we can get.  It would be extremely easy to make Kettemoor one of the top 6 servers along with Bria, Bloodfin, Chilastra, Startsider, etc.

If you're new to SWG or just in general would like a new experience, come to Kettemoor and hit us up, we'll be more than happy to help anyone out.  This was originally just an attempt to try and revive an extremely low population server, and have found it to be so addicting, and the players of Kettemoor to be so helpful that we are 100% committed to this idea.

Just send a /tell to any member of SoK and we'll get you started

--=ORIGINAL POST FROM MEMBER FARCUS=--

as my guild mate said...I don't think I have had as much fun playing this game in a long time...come on over and roll a new toon...give it a week and by then u will see what we are experiencing...I have yet to meet a negative veteran player there...I have had so many people just randomly tip me credits that I can't even begin to count...I promise you that you won't be disappointed for making the choice we have.

Yes, i know what your thinking.  But in the past week 40 new people from other servers have joined the Kettemoor server and this guild.  This server is becoming more and more popular everyday.  I myself just joined and created a new toon.  Let me tell you, i feel like i did when i played swg before cu and nge.  The experiance i'm having is amazing.  Everyone is so friendly, and helpful.  Ton's of players are starting to come and pick up on this great server.  Give it a try and get in contact with one of our recruiters.  This really is making the server and the game so much better.  I'm loving SWG again!!!

Comments

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

You know, I want to say that I'm happy that some players are trying to revive Kettemoor because it's one of the servers I played on initially, however, I think people just need to let this game die.  A better SW MMO will come along in a few years.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• hosalhosal Member Posts: 39

Yes, this game isn't what it once was but it is still the best mmorpg on the market with more things to do then you can count.  Ton's of vets are returning on trials and resubscribing for this reason.  People just need to give this a chance, they wont regret it.  I know i didn't.

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

This is nowhere NEAR the best MMO on the market, it's much closer to the WORST.  Every time you guys viral market or even pay the monthly fee to play this game you ruin a piece of Star Wars and your subscriptions have possibly delayed another SW MMO from already being out there and ready to play.

To call SWG the best MMO on the market is laughable, when 99% of them that I have played run better, have better UI, and are run by much more skilled developers and more ethical companies.

Do I think it's great that they're doing this?  It doesn't really matter if they do or do not, it won't make a difference, but I think they are demonstrating to SOE and LA that they don't want another SW MMO, which is lame.

Bioware is making a Star Wars MMO and I can't wait to play it.  SWG died in 2005 and what is left is a monstrosity of an MMO.  Busted combat, buffs out of control, and inflated economy built for crafting but using a loot system, some of the worst and most dumbed down professions ever seen, and a small development team that isn't capable and doesn't have the resources to make the game competitive.

I would love to log on and enjoy SWG again but I have higher standards than that and the game isn't worth playing for free, let alone paying a premium fee to play.

Tecmo Bowl.

• DkevlarDkevlar Member Posts: 308
    Originally posted by TookyG

You know, I want to say that I'm happy that some players are trying to revive Kettemoor because it's one of the servers I played on initially, however, I think people just need to let this game die.  A better SW MMO will come along in a few years.

in a few years we can be dead. future wasnt' happen yet. "need to let this game die"... why? if they have fun, kudos to them.  

i find so odd that some cant understand that others can have fun with something...........

Originally posted by Dkevlar

i find so odd that some cant understand that others can have fun with something...........

I'm not saying that SWG in its current state can't be fun for some people.  I'm saying that SWG needs to die for the greater good.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

This is nowhere NEAR the best MMO on the market, it's much closer to the WORST.  Every time you guys viral market or even pay the monthly fee to play this game you ruin a piece of Star Wars and your subscriptions have possibly delayed another SW MMO from already being out there and ready to play.

To call SWG the best MMO on the market is laughable, when 99% of them that I have played run better, have better UI, and are run by much more skilled developers and more ethical companies.

Do I think it's great that they're doing this?  It doesn't really matter if they do or do not, it won't make a difference, but I think they are demonstrating to SOE and LA that they don't want another SW MMO, which is lame.

Bioware is making a Star Wars MMO and I can't wait to play it.  SWG died in 2005 and what is left is a monstrosity of an MMO.  Busted combat, buffs out of control, and inflated economy built for crafting but using a loot system, some of the worst and most dumbed down professions ever seen, and a small development team that isn't capable and doesn't have the resources to make the game competitive.

I would love to log on and enjoy SWG again but I have higher standards than that and the game isn't worth playing for free, let alone paying a premium fee to play.

Thank you.  You know, i'm just trying to help the SWG community by informing new and old players about something a good group of people are doing.  They are bringing back the great experiance everyone once had.  There is no need to come in here and start bashing the game.  You obviously don't play it anymore so why even give input?  Everyone, these vet's have put together something amazing.  So give it a shot.  Thank you.

Originally posted by hosal

Thank you.  You know, i'm just trying to help the SWG community by informing new and old players about something a good group of people are doing.  They are bringing back the great experiance everyone once had.  There is no need to come in here and start bashing the game.  You obviously don't play it anymore so why even give input?  Everyone, these vet's have put together something amazing.  So give it a shot.  Thank you.

I can appreciate what you're doing.  I understand that you enjoy SWG and that you want to help people out.  However, I don't believe I've bashed the game.  I said that with SWG gone a new SW MMO would most likely be released sooner rather than later.  In my opinion, that is serving the great good.  Nowhere did I say, "SWG sucks," did I?

Edit:  Guess you weren't replying to me...thanks for editing your post to include who you were quoting after I replied to you.  You could have done that sooner and saved me the time! 

Haha sorry, quoted the wrong person.  No you're fine, but the other person didn't have to go off and do that.  I hope a new SW mmo comes out, that'd be awesome.  I'm in favor of it.  But i'm very happy with what have now as well.

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

How do you people get away with this seriously?

Its obvious that this is just another thread from the developer of the game, if you cant tell go look at another threadh this same person started where minutes after he posted it a bunch of "Pre-Cu Vets" came out of nowhere and started saying how great the game is now.

You people disgust me, stop lieing your way into a extra subscriber every month.

-Jive

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897
    Originally posted by jiveturkey12

Its obvious that this is just another thread from the developer of the game, if you cant tell go look at another threadh this same person started where minutes after he posted it a bunch of "Pre-Cu Vets" came out of nowhere and started saying how great the game is now.

You people disgust me, stop lieing your way into a extra subscriber every month.

-Jive

Agree

Lol, considering i'm an 18 year old college student in Texas...I wish i was a dev.  I'd be making alot of money i bet!

• ummaxummax Member Posts: 779

Lol, considering i'm an 18 year old college student in Texas...I wish i was a dev.  I'd be making alot of money i bet!

See your just painting a giant bullseye on you cause you say you like something others dont..  dont worry the bullseye only gets larger (mine covers my entire face by now).  

Anyhow good luck on kettlemoor I enjoy tempest though.  

Glad you found a game fun.     

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    Originally posted by Mathos

-Jive

Agree

I get it...if I like a game and someone else doesn't ...then I am unknowingly a double agent...shill..or otherwise a pawn of the Developers of the aforementioned "game".  Damn!!!... this conspiracy must stop...such a devious and cruel design,,,this thing called life. I WANT MY FREE WILL BACK....and i don't care how many Banthas I have to kill to get it.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

All of my vet rewards and things i got with box purchases are spread out between Lowca and Bria. 

I think this is a great idea you are doing and I commend your spirit, but ultimately you will only fractionalize an already miniscule SWG NGE community should you be successful.  They need to shut down all servers except maybe 2 American and 1 EU. 

Also they took away my master CH which was very sad for me.  My pets were like little friends.

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

That's my hope, but I think it would be atleast 6-10 years away.  SWG still has some good aspects in it, its just sad that it had so much to offer and now its a cookie cutter MMO.

I'm not saying that SWG in its current state can't be fun for some people.  I'm saying that SWG needs to die for the greater good.

when i left swg in june 2005, i was really sad with the game. After like 3 years playing other things.... in all honesty. swg.even in it's current gimped form is not that bad.... and yes.. i got really frustrated when  i left ,  felt i was betrayed by the devs that ruined  a good game..i was like 26 years then.. now i'm 31... i'm playing and having some fun (tho i know i'll probably get bored in 1 month or so or will leave it for warhammer or WOTLK. Yet, there is one thing i like, knowing the game exist and then when i'm bored of al others i can go back to it.

repeating . i'm not making a defense of swg. give me pre-cu or even cu but pre nge and ill be a happy guy. yet coming here saying the game needs to die when there is not a real sw alternative at the moment. and no. i dont care about the future in some years . nothing assures me i will be alive to see it.

I wish em the best of luck

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

when i left swg in june 2005, i was really sad with the game. After like 3 years playing other things.... in all honesty. swg.even in it's current gimped form is not that bad.... and yes.. i got really frustrated when  i left ,  felt i was betrayed by the devs that ruined  a good game..i was like 26 years then.. now i'm 31... i'm playing and having some fun (tho i know i'll probably get bored in 1 month or so or will leave it for warhammer or WOTLK. Yet, there is one thing i like, knowing the game exist and then when i'm bored of al others i can go back to it.

repeating . i'm not making a defense of swg. give me pre-cu or even cu but pre nge and ill be a happy guy. yet coming here saying the game needs to die when there is not a real sw alternative at the moment. and no. i dont care about the future in some years . nothing assures me i will be alive to see it.

Compared to the current crop of games out there, I can concede that SWG has improved to the point where it's mildly playable. If there were more players (alot more), it would probably even cross that threshold into the place we know as fun (not too sure what that's like... haven't played a fun game in oh almost 3 years now).  So yes, everyone out there, SWG is 'not that bad' (when compared to the majority of crap on the market right now, with the exception of WoW,EVE, COH/V, AoC, LoTRO...all of which are miles ahead of SWG in terms of quality and customer satisfaction).

But to say you have to put up with SWG because it's the only SW MMO out there? That's asking for trouble. You know now what they are capable of doing to your game. You know now that even a 200 person dev team can't pay attention to common sense. You know they don't care about you. Only your money. And a very small group of people still keep taking it from them and even defending them on the basis that it's the only SW game out there, even though they know it's no longer what they want. That is the essense of addiction.  The fact that it's got an IP that we all love(d) dearly should not absolve them for what they have done. SWG is not a worthy game to carry the SW brand. And for the future of MMOs, SWG needs to be made an example of (and it has).

Buyer beware.

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

Yes, this game isn't what it once was but it is still the best mmorpg on the market with more things to do then you can count.

I agree, and I can say (without emotion and being genuienly objective) that Galaxies remains one of the best real MMO's out there - and in spite of all those damn changes. It's STILL good, especially when compared to all the crap that has been released since (like WoW).

Right now in 2008, the only respectable VIRTUAL WORLDS are UO, Vanguard, Star Wars Galaxies, EvE Online and in the future other sandbox games in development like Fallen Earth and Dark Fall (these later two being skill based).

And if I were to play an EverQuest clone it would not be World of Warcraft, it would be the superior and underrated EverQuest II.

For RvR it's Dark Age of Camelot, and soon Warhammer.

My 2 cents.

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

Originally posted by Nikoz78

Yes, this game isn't what it once was but it is still the best mmorpg on the market with more things to do then you can count.

I agree, and I can say (without emotion and being genuienly objective) that Galaxies remains one of the best real MMO's out there - and in spite of all those damn changes. It's STILL good, especially when compared to all the crap that has been released since (like WoW).

Right now in 2008, the only respectable VIRTUAL WORLDS are UO, Vanguard, Star Wars Galaxies, EvE Online and in the future other sandbox games in development like Fallen Earth and Dark Fall (these later two being skill based).

And if I were to play an EverQuest clone it would not be World of Warcraft, it would be the superior and underrated EverQuest II.

For RvR it's Dark Age of Camelot, and soon Warhammer.

My 2 cents.

Wow is that where they cloned it from sure am glad i never played eq 1 or 2 lol even if they gave me a free trial for it this time lol...

I'm playing wow and hate it but its beter then $WG

Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

Compared to the current crop of games out there, I can concede that SWG has improved to the point where it's mildly playable. If there were more players (alot more), it would probably even cross that threshold into the place we know as fun (not too sure what that's like... haven't played a fun game in oh almost 3 years now).  So yes, everyone out there, SWG is 'not that bad' (when compared to the majority of crap on the market right now, with the exception of WoW,EVE, COH/V, AoC, LoTRO...all of which are miles ahead of SWG in terms of quality and customer satisfaction).

But to say you have to put up with SWG because it's the only SW MMO out there? That's asking for trouble. You know now what they are capable of doing to your game. You know now that even a 200 person dev team can't pay attention to common sense. You know they don't care about you. Only your money. And a very small group of people still keep taking it from them and even defending them on the basis that it's the only SW game out there, even though they know it's no longer what they want. That is the essense of addiction.  The fact that it's got an IP that we all love(d) dearly should not absolve them for what they have done. SWG is not a worthy game to carry the SW brand. And for the future of MMOs, SWG needs to be made an example of (and it has).

Buyer beware.

What they did is not tottaly different from what others are doing.  as example wow changed so much over the last 1.5 years that many say it is not the same game. And yes it is still a valid game, but i'm just wow burn out with a character that has almost 400 played days.....

AOC  is , for me that played it, a huge flop and in all honesty  have problems seeing people defending it when after lvl 50 the game becomes one of the worst grind festivals ever.  AOC content atm= SWG content at launch. That means like 0. tho SWG at launch was a sandbox player driven game, AOC is not, what makes the lack of content much worse.

Eve i agree tho is not my cup of tea, and the same happens with COH/V.  LOTRO i can't coment. never played it.

there are 3 reasons i "try " to defend swg.

a) It is still star wars. 

b) something you even state, compared to alot of things that were launched more recently , swg get to a point that it is "not that bad". Sadly that is a sign of "de-evolution".

c) There are not many  decent true sandbox mmorpg's around. We can count them in the fingers of 1 hand. If something like swg goes completely down, it is a bad sign for sandbox mmorpg's, that are already in almost pre death, since they require much more programming and code work, and a engine flexibility that has become almost cost proibitive this days.  

youare right tho, with a bigger player base it would even be a above average (mostly because the average went down a lot recently) game.

• DJDizzyDJDizzy Member Posts: 119

-Jive

/me puts on my flameproof suit and tinfoil hat

Your culture will adapt to serve us.
    Resistance is futile

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630

____________________________________________________________________________________

OK, I really want to understand this from your point of view. You are stating that SWG has to die ( I assume you mean be shut down, servers are turned off) before another Star Wars MMO can be created/released?

Then by this line of reasoning Bioware CANNOT be making a Star Wars MMO. And if you do state that Bioware IS making a Star Wars MMO then what possible difference does SWG make to you then?

• HastorHadronHastorHadron Member Posts: 187

I think the Kettemoor experiment is going quite well actually. I created a toon there intially after a post on th game play discussion surfaced about starting over on a new server.

I was going to create a new toon on Kettemoor ----when I realized that I had a toon there. It was from a time when I created a toon as a crosserver effort between guilds to quickly get our city on Bloodfin up to the shuttleport stage. (Anyone else ever do this as well?)

So, I logged on my guy and after choosing the profession, he was a level 1 commando with 10 respecs, the cu plaque and a melon :) --- some other crap too, but I am only keeping the melon!

The community there has been great. I play at odd hours, and will readily admit that I see few people online during the hours I play, but those players are very helpful.

I will keep playing on Kett until a better Star Wars MMO comes out or until a classic server is created.

Please do not attack the op as a viral marketer, he is not. He just wanted to let others know --- encouraging more to come to Kett.

I am level 28 atm, although not as fun as pre-cu, it is fun to re-do lots of my favorite little quests --- I would rather sever my left arm than level up through all fo legacy, but at 28 I can run the Kash quests I liked.

On a side note, another nice thing about Kett is the economy. Although there are less items on the Bazaars, the prices are much more realistic for a new toon. I bought a crafted flamethrower (72) crafted rocket launcher (56) for 5k each. I also bought a marauder chest plate and marauder helmet for 10k each maxxed non-primus stats. Trust me, if you are coming from Bria or Bloodfin, this is breath of fresh air.

Novus Orsa-Taking Kettemoor by storm

Now for those who do not want any part of this that is fine. I wish you the best. But please, do not attack the op just because he is excited and hopeful about something.

BTW in-game on kett Hadron Hastor - the fat short human -- (sadly I resemble him more and more since he was created 4 years ago)

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

Hey that's great that the players are taking it into their own hands and basically doing the marketing for the companies themselves, sad it has to come to that, but whatever helps them have more fun.

My problem is that some of you claim this is the best MMO on the market?  I can give you 10 reasons why it can't possibly be the best MMO on the market but it comes down to taste...

A very few number of people ENJOY this game.  They are willing to pay a premium subscription price to play it.  A very large number DO NOT enjoy this game nor are willing to pay a premium to play it.

Is SWG better than WoW?  Heck no, it isn't even close.  Clearly I don't like WoW either but it isn't even close.  WoW runs 100X better than this game does.  AoC is 100X better than this game despite all the shortcomings it offers.  About the only game I have played that is worse than this one is Tabula Rasa.  Even Vanguard is now a lot better than SWG. 

Don't act like I can't comment on the "current" status of this game because I just played the last Vet Trial.  Nice Viral Marketing attempt from someone who used this as their first post...

Good luck, I still advise ANYONE who might play this game to use the Free Trial.

Tecmo Bowl.