Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Could Play This Game, Except...

DevourDevour Member Posts: 902

Armour of a certain type is the same model in a different colour. I mean, eww. I had images of Ultima Online's armour all over again.

I mean, it may not be the WORST feature in a game, ever, but it's damn annoying.

Comments

• NocumaNocuma Member Posts: 97

Sadly many MMO's do that out there.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

I agree, Devour. Although i'm having fun with the game, the limited customization is annoying.

• ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643

On my troub I coundted about 28 different mail sets of appearance ( atleast from the AH ) lol. I guess it may vary from class to class, probably less so with plate or cloth wearers. Devour... how DARE you insult UO!!!! :).

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

SOE has promised a new "skeletal" system for the character models to make it easier to make new armor and such but so far that has been pretty quiet.  As of now they have to design the armor for each race and thats why they have so few designs.  With the new skeletal system they are designing hookpoints for the models so they can make one set of armor to make it fit on all models.  Again, this has been talked about forever so don't get your hopes too high.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • Jeff44Jeff44 Member Posts: 459

I'm certainly not going to try to talk you out of your opinion, after all, that's what opinions are for.

You might consider trying the trial, however. You might find that after you get past the "look", that there is a pretty deep and good game there.

We're lucky today though, because if one game just can't do it for us, there is another one, a different one, that  just might.

Hope you find a good game to play!

user
  • Peregrine2Peregrine2 Member Posts: 169

It's an annoying feature alright, but as you get deeper into the game the armor variety increases, and of course after level 20 with the appearance tab you can decide what you want to look like completely separately from what armor you wear for stats, that also helps.

• MalikeMalike Member Posts: 6

I find that quite annoying also. 

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

You know what? So what that the armor graphics are the same? If thats the only reason you have a problem with the game, then the vets will be quite happy to see you go play another.

Its an extremely mild detail that people keep obsessing over and its childish.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

No need to get rude ^

Some people just like being able to customize their characters.

Originally posted by Lydon

No need to get rude ^

Some people just like being able to customize their characters.

I like to be able to customize my characters too, I just get sick of hearing the exact same complaint over and over and over and over again when there's no sign its going to change, EVER, so you're wasting your breath. Its very shallow of a person to decide not to play a game because they don't think there's enough styles of armor.

Well things don't get changed by keeping quiet about them. Whether or not you may like it, saying something about the issue is better than resigning to the fact that nothing will change. Of course nothing is going to change unless you make it happen.

Regardless of that fact, while you may not feel that customization is important, other people do. That's just a fact of life. I personally don't have an issue with it, but others do.

Originally posted by Lydon

Well things don't get changed by keeping quiet about them. Whether or not you may like it, saying something about the issue is better than resigning to the fact that nothing will change. Of course nothing is going to change unless you make it happen.

Regardless of that fact, while you may not feel that customization is important, other people do. That's just a fact of life. I personally don't have an issue with it, but others do.

lol... so you come to MMORPG where what you say here won't mean a thing to the devs on SOE, when you could post on EQ2's web site or email them directly which would result in them actually knowing what your problem is? And somehow you think thats going to result in change? Whats the point in that?

You're amusing.

Originally posted by Moirae

lol... so you come to MMORPG where what you say here won't mean a thing to the devs on SOE, when you could post on EQ2's web site or email them directly which would result in them actually knowing what your problem is? And somehow you think thats going to result in change? Whats the point in that?

You're amusing.

You do realise how many companies send representatives to the larger MMO community websites, right? Guild Wars is a prime example of that. The community manager is a part of the majority of large fansites and a member of this website too.

• WeareweareWeareweare Member UncommonPosts: 195

In guild wars they remodel old skins, i find this annoying. Although its nothing compared to armor in a different color :D

• MalikeMalike Member Posts: 6

Deleted.  I posted in the wrong thread lol.  My post was meant for Vanguard forum.

Malike (and others), instead of complaining here, GO TO THE EVERQUEST 2 WEBSITE AND DO IT where the company can actually hear about it. If you can't be bothered to TELL THE COMPANY DIRECTLY, they aren't going to know there's an issue to fix.  Do you expect them to be mindreaders?

This isn't about "the vets support SOE no matter what wrong SOE does", its about "go talk to the damned company itself".

Lets put it in another light.... lets say its another company, not a game company.

Oh... lets say its (I'm from Canada so I ask you to bare with me a bit) Futureshop vs Best Buy. Now both are great companies but you have a problem with Futureshop and instead of going right back to Futurshop so that they can FIX the problem you've had, you simply declare that you'll never shop there again, then go to Best Buy, or every other computer business out there to MOAN about how Futureshop screwed you over.

Do you really have the right to complain about Futureshop if YOU NEVER TOLD THE COMPANY YOU HAD AN ISSUE? Seriously... Think about it. You know you don't.

Its the SAME THING. Go talk to SOE if you have a problem with SOE, don't go moaning to Blizzard or CCP or even a website that has NOTHING directly to do with the game, and no control over how ANYTHING in the game is implimented. Its ridiculous.

I work with the public as a hotel front desk agent. If the guest just checks out without telling me whats wrong, I can't be expected to JUST KNOW the problem when they had a bad stay for some reason. I'm not a mind reader and no amount of posting on another website will enable me to even remotely try to fix the problem.

Its like complaining to ANOTHER HOTEL that you don't like the layout of a hotel's building, and then figuring that somehow the hotel itself is going to know that you have a problem with the fact that the pool is on the second floor instead of the first and, even worse, expecting them to do something about it years AFTER the hotel is built. It CAN be done but not without MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY AND TIME that the company may not have to rebuild to YOUR tastes.

Please think about it. You're being unreasonable.