Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Xfire stats

2»

Comments

• gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920
    Originally posted by Nikoz78

Originally posted by TookyG

Either way, I'm fairly certain I've never stated that Xfire stats are anything other than number representative of the usage of the Xfire community.

That's actually a pretty good point.

That's actually the ONLY thing you can extrapolate from the data.

Personally, I think SWG people are playing but turning off XFire while they play.  They don't want others to see that they have a guilty pleasure. 

===============================

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

EverQuest II is listed at number #74, Star Wars Galaxies at #57, so how do you explain the oft repeated claim that the game is "dead?"

I'd just like to say that Xfire has had a long standing glitch with EQ2 which makes EQ2 crash.  I've had it since EQ2 launched and rarely run Xfire with EQ2 because of the problem.  Now, I haven't played EQ2 in several months, but I wouldn't be surprised if other EQ2 players stopped using Xfire like I had.

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Well, I never said Xfire states matter one way or the other. DAoC is ranked at 175 (or whatever) and yet I find no shortage of players playing. Two days and both days landed in big groups (and on the PvE areas, not the battlegrounds)..

DAOC has 3 clients that register differently on Xfire if I remember correctly, Catacombs, Darkness Falls, and Labyrinth of the Minotaur.  I'm sure you'd have to add up all 3 to get the "real" total of Xfire hours for DAOC.

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

Bingo, when you're right, you're right.  Say it totheir face the same as you would type it on a keyboard, what are they going to do?  Hotkey you?

Tecmo Bowl.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

EverQuest II is listed at number #74, Star Wars Galaxies at #57, so how do you explain the oft repeated claim that the game is "dead?"
    Since EverQuest II is full of players. Head on over the the EQ II forums and try to explain to them how their game is dead and how nobody plays it.
    If anything, this ranking proves how full of it some of you are. SWG is only dead in your little hate fantasies.
    Amazing.

EQ2 is dead and EQ2 players are not in the demographic that would use that X-Fire garbage so its a double hitter.

X-Fire stats are crap anyway it can never give a accurate due to the fact I bet not even 20% of a playerbase uses it.

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

Actually, I'm playing DAoC at the moment., haven't played SWG in many months.
    Whats funny is that I have always agreed that the NGE was a disaster.
    The thing is, I don't need to lie and twist the truth just to sling mud on a computer game (geeks).
    We've heard it all before. The game is shit, its sucks, SOE is evil, Smed is the devil, no body plays it, they ruined my life, ad nauseam.
    It's obvious that you are not here to discuss online worlds in a mature, honest manner.
    And to you WoW (!) fans -
    Does that game even have housing?
    Does it have a reason to hang out in a tavern?
    Does it have any non-combat professions?
    Nope.
    The crafting is a joke too.
    I could go on, if you like.
    World of Warcraft is a EverQuest clone.
    The problem with that is EQ came out 10 years ago. Hence why MMO enthusiasts often remark that WoW has set the further evolution of virtual worlds back 10 years.
    Anyway....

But unlike wow eq and eq2 are managed very badly