Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE connection problems

JuapelJuapel Member Posts: 6

If you live in USA refrain from join this game right now, specially if you live in USA.

They have big issues with the connection and you gonna get kicked from the server several times in an hour.

EVE is a game impossible to play with this kind of problem. Don't need to explain why, but to tell you that you can loose a lot in just seconds :)

The problem have 3-4 days now and no solutions. They just blame the ISP of their ISP:)

Love all, trust a few.
William Shakespeare.

Comments

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

And they are right. This is not the first time Limelight screwed it up, and it is limelight who screwed it.

If you look at the traceroutes of the people disconnecting, you can see heavy packetloss at all limelight hops, while people who get routed through other backbones (level3 for example) experience no difficulties.

• mrxinstallmrxinstall Member Posts: 36

Yeah they are blaming their ISP and as per usual there will be no compensation of any sort for this.

the DC's are now also happening to people from more than just the US, they are happening to people in Australia and a couple of other countries also and they are now happening to a lot of people every 3 or so minutes making the game basically unplayable unless you don't mind losing your ship if you are doing a mission or PVP'ing.

CCP have also removed the 30 & 90 day game time cards and replaced them with a single 60 day card which costs $34.99US which is an increase in the cost of playing (well it used to cost me $29.98US to play for 60 days & according to some people there is no change in the cost, So if someone can tell me how 60 days at $29.98 is the same as 60 days for $34.99 please do because I simply can not work out how it is the same).

The DC's are just one issue among a growing list of issues that players have to deal with in this game, so if you are thinking of playing the game make sure you understand that you are going to come across these issues and there is basically nothing you can do about them because you will just be attacked if you bring them up on the forums.

Hopefully Jumpgate will be everything it looks like being and EVE will become yet another one of those games that people used to play

Here one Day Gone The Next.
    Game reviewer.

• pipvacpipvac Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by mrxinstall

Hopefully Jumpgate will be everything it looks like being and EVE will become yet another one of those games that people used to play

Quoted for the truth of it!

Eve and its hateful community, and blinkered GMs RIP!

• DistilerDistiler Member Posts: 416

hahaha obvious troll is obvious

• SkyllzSkyllz Member Posts: 24

This topic is actually making me rethink if I should go on after my 14 day trial... I got 8 days left and yesterday especially was BRUTAL.

On top of the monster lag in the Jita area, the random disconnect almost cost me my Kestrel twice. It maybe a small ship but i'm a poor newbie and it's all I got

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Interesting topic, thanks for posting it.  I've not been playing EVE much lately, just logging in to train skills while I play AOC.  However I do have EVEMON running in the back ground and I've noticed for the past week its been popping up "Server down" messages on a fairly regular basis. 

I thought perhaps it was a problem with EVEMON or my own ISP connection, but now it appears problem is more removed than that. (fortunately for me)

Not sure what CCP can do to route things differently, is there anything? (Do they get a choice?)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Of course, the Jumpgate devs will not only create a good game, but also fix the internet, right?

• RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898

I generally don't belive anything anybody says.  However it was easy to verify with a simple traceroute that it is indeed the carrier and not CCP.   Before bashing the game I suggest you do the same.

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

• pipvacpipvac Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by batolemaeus

Of course, the Jumpgate devs will not only create a good game, but also fix the internet, right?

Of course, CCP will change or renegotiate with their ISP to ensure appropriate connectivity like every other MMORPG provider, right? However, if you lose a ship due to lag or a disconnect, don't expect a reimbursement, as "our server log shows not evidence" of whatever caused you to go pop. So who pays? The customer of course... either in man hours wasted, time not able to connect (wasted subs), loss of in game assets, etc etc. Yes, traceroute shows precisely where the problem is... their hub in London... read EVE-O forums, the Devs have acknowledged this. They don't need to fix the internet, they just need to use an ISP that cen meet their traffic needs like most other MMORPG providers have to. How about compensation to those not able to connect or have lost assets as a consequence of not being able to connect? Probably only when theyre making snowmen in hell.

• neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779

The problem can be fixed, or at least I got mine fixed.

I am a US player who started eve 4 days ago.

My first day in the game was horrible, I got disconnected about every 4 minutes the entire day.

Really wanting to give this game an honest run and try to get into it, I started scouring the web looking for a way to fix it.

Here is what I found out and it fixed my problem 100% the last 3 days I have not disconnected once out of 5 hours of playing each day.

Turns out EvE dislikes windows firewall. This needs to be turned OFF. Also EvE dislikes any type 3rd party firewall/virus protection software. These should be turned OFF while playing EvE as well.

That was fix #1.

Fix #2, I was behind a Linksys router, turns out that if they firmware on routers are not updated to newest release on Linksys routers, the game will boot you.

Ok so I turned off all outside firewalls, and updated my firmware on the router and now have not had a disconnect in 3 days of continous play.

Maybe this will help some others who have the same setup I have.

• BigDave7481BigDave7481 Member Posts: 298

Update from the GMs:

We have been looking in to the connection issues from the time we found out about them. Our network administrators have been going over all of our network to make sure everything is working from within the Tranquility cluster. We have concluded that things are working well and have established that the problem is a inter connection between ISP’s. It seems that there are technical problems, or otherwise, between some ISP’s, which is affecting LimeLight—which is one of the three major connections for EVE Online. We have now disabled our connection to LimeLight and sent them a request for a full report on what is going on. We have received a reply from LimeLight saying that is not a problem directly on the LimeLight network but ISP’s connected to them.

Looks like CCP has stopped all connections going through Limelight for now.

Yes, traceroute shows precisely where the problem is... their hub in London... read EVE-O forums, the Devs have acknowledged this.

Funny. Actually, Limelight admitted the problem was in their Network.
    For the people who drop, it's not just Eve that doesn't work, they lose connection to a lot of stuff hosted in London. The devs explicitly stated that the issues are not with their cluster.
    Reimbursing people opens another can of worms. Everybody will just pull the plug when they lose, and file a petition..we already had this, and it would happen again. People already abused the reimbursement Petitions like mad, up to the point that we had petitions taking months to solve, because the gms had to dig through tons of garbage petitions.
    Ccp can not and will not reimburse for something that has nothing to do with their cluster, as they can't verify it.

As usual, if there are problems on your route, punch your isp. Your isp is responsible to get your traffic to its destination, not ccp. The only thing ccp can do is complain to Limelight, and wait.

Oh, by the way, you can try to connect to the eve cluster through the port wow normally uses. Those packets are often prioritised by the isps, while they throttle many other commonly used ports or protocols.