Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wurm : ANTI WOW

2»

Comments

• mutatormutator Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by Gurubear

Originally posted by mutator

ofcourse its easier to get stuff through buying money... 

I would say that probably applies to most of life!

Not always satisfying though

yeah its kinda annoying...

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

ofcourse its easier to get stuff through buying money... 

Not so much.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Seriously... If you get ingame cash most people will do alot of work for you if you pay them that is, when i played some time ago some of my friends ran around doing work for people for money and everyone in my village was making stuff to sell or for the common good of the village...

if you have money problems are solved alot easier:) 

• GurubearGurubear Member Posts: 41

Seriously... If you get ingame cash most people will do alot of work for you if you pay them that is, when i played some time ago some of my friends ran around doing work for people for money and everyone in my village was making stuff to sell or for the common good of the village...

Just an important note for anyone who does not know this game - the money, Silvers, we are talking about here are IN GAME ONLY. They have no worth outside of the game.

You can earn them by working for others in game, or selling items, or selling to a kingdom trader if they have spare cash, or you can purchase them in the shop on the website if you are impatient! :)

However, you cannot redeem them for any real life currency.

Premium time has to be bought from the shop (it is how we pay for the servers!), but things like deeds are bought in game for silvers - so you dont need real life money to buy a deed.

Oh, and you dont need a deed to build a house or even an entire town if you dont want to.

Sorry, I could just see this all getting rather confusing!

PS: A note about Kingdom Traders - yes they do run out of money, but they are not what keeps the economy ticking - the players are. I keep hearing "The economy is broken because the kingdom traders have no money." That is not true. The most important part of any primitive economy is the bartering and trading between players - and that goes on continuously!

Sound and Music for anything

Originally posted by Gurubear

Just an important note for anyone who does not know this game - the money, Silvers, we are talking about here are IN GAME ONLY. They have no worth outside of the game.

You can earn them by working for others in game, or selling items, or selling to a kingdom trader if they have spare cash, or you can purchase them in the shop on the website if you are impatient! :)

However, you cannot redeem them for any real life currency.

Premium time has to be bought from the shop (it is how we pay for the servers!), but things like deeds are bought in game for silvers - so you dont need real life money to buy a deed.

Oh, and you dont need a deed to build a house or even an entire town if you dont want to.

Sorry, I could just see this all getting rather confusing!

PS: A note about Kingdom Traders - yes they do run out of money, but they are not what keeps the economy ticking - the players are. I keep hearing "The economy is broken because the kingdom traders have no money." That is not true. The most important part of any primitive economy is the bartering and trading between players - and that goes on continuously!

yeah i know its confusing, what i meant was money makes stuff easier... i did not say it was a necessity. Ofcourse i know you can make a house even whitout money, its like the only thing i could do since my skills stopped at 20. That is for people like me who got parents hellbent on not allowing me to play games that requires me to pay over internet i can never attain a premium. 

Ohh yeah btw i did help with the expansion of roadside:) so you could say i buildt half a town (7 buildings)  and that was without premium or money just that i am a hardworker:)

Ohh yeah btw i did help with the expansion of roadside:) so you could say i buildt half a town (7 buildings)  and that was without premium or money just that i am a hardworker:)

Ah yes, the most valuable currency in Wurm - hard work!

Having said that, to all Non Wurm players, one nice thing about Wurm is that you can play it very casually as well. I have one character in a little house, miles from anyone. He is now just skilled enough to farm and cook okay.  I just pop in when I can. Sometimes my crops have gone to weed, sometimes the odd wall has fallen down, but that is okay. I just enjoy fixing it up a bit and saying hello to the odd person.

It is a side of Wurm I am keen to promote - the social, casual gaming possibilities that are already in Wurm.

I think there are a lot of people who would like the relaxed atmosphere of Wurm where there is no real pressure to be the best at everything - in fact the vast majority of players congratulate each other over the smallest of things. I have heard new players exclaim, "I have done it! I have a log!!!" And every one else, laughs, congratulates them, and then drowns them in advice about how to make a plank.

I think on one of my promotional mail outs I said that Wurm is rare in that you can build massive projects, fight wars, sail oceans, run complicated villages ....

... or you can lean on a fence and ask your neighbour how their pumpkins are growing.

Pretty cool that!

wars... they are a bit of a problem because there are so few players, and less that want their property demolished by catapults... But everything else is pretty common:) like The greatest project is building a village and making a comunity:) and there are alot of people who like that... btw are there any pumpkins in the game? its just that i never heard of it:P 

wars... they are a bit of a problem because there are so few players, and less that want their property demolished by catapults... But everything else is pretty common:) like The greatest project is building a village and making a comunity:) and there are alot of people who like that... btw are there any pumpkins in the game? its just that i never heard of it:P 

You wait till we get the new food system (er, might be some time ... ) - it has a lot more than just pumkins.

Talking of which ..  *Rushes off to check pumpkin crop*