Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FPS

GrimReapezGrimReapez Member Posts: 463

The main thing and maybe the only thing that made me stop playing this game is the FPS i get. Is there anyway to get better FPS? or is just the lack of graphics in this game?

-
Do not hate it, but instead embrace the diversity.

Comments

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452
    For me the game only started to run smoothly was when i upgraded to 1gb of ram. Whats your pc spec?

• GrimReapezGrimReapez Member Posts: 463
    i got 1 gig of ram. (ps: its in my sig ;)...)

-

• MaxDamageMaxDamage Member Posts: 6

My computer isn't that great. Only have 512 RAM. Trick is to turn off all the graphic enhanchers you don't need or rarely notice.  Move all the sliders down to nothing.. you'll see, you won't notice much difference.

You can also go into your SWGClientSetup in your SWG directory and tweak stuff around under the graphics section.  Before I did this it was unplayable.. constant 1 FPS in crowded cities,  5 minute loads, was horrible.

If you want the exact settings I tweaked.. just ask, wasn't very detailed above. :D

• 51505150 Member UncommonPosts: 222

Originally posted by GrimReapez

The main thing and maybe the only thing that made me stop playing this game is the FPS i get. Is there anyway to get better FPS? or is just the lack of graphics in this game?

Have you tried dropping all the graphics options to their lowest setting? What FPS did you get then?

I might be missing something but I cant see your graphics hardware in your sig.......

• GrimReapezGrimReapez Member Posts: 463
    I have  geforce 5200 128 mb........with 1 gig ram and 2 gig proc. I turned everything down to lowest and i got 20 fps at the max.

-

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115
    The game is currently coded for a max of 30 FPS.  Though I do believe they said that at some point they will increase the max FPS as the average users computer becomes more and more powerful.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433
    you really don't need anything higher than 30 fps in a game like this. If you were playing Planetside you would. Hmm....wonder if they'll have higher fps for the expansion, since its twitch based.

Games Tried:
    Everquest (not a power gamer)
    Earth and Beyond (kinda fun, kinda boring)
    Planetside (rather play Counter-Strike)
    Lineage 2 (see Everquest above, plus too many PKers and Bots)
    Guild Wars [E3 trial] (Not too bad from what I saw, nothing very new though)
    Eve Online (somewhat fun, somewhat repetetive)

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

there is your problem! the 5200. I had the same and had crap framerate until i turned off the shadowing then it was fine. if you upgrade to a newer card like the 6800 you could crank these up./