Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest has oficially started selling items for hard $.

WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Everquest now has items for sale, more powerful than common raid items, if you are willing to hand over $.

Comments

• lareslocilaresloci Member UncommonPosts: 373

They don't call it $OE for nothing!

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I never played a RTM game but it would be kinda nice to sell some items to make back some money that I spent on a MMO.

• airborne519airborne519 Member Posts: 542

A sign of the times... so, what would something like that cost?  This could open a new pandoras box with the treasury dept. If people start attaching value to real world dollars to virtual items and virtual money, that is, if people bought real world items with virtual money... hmm..

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

That looks more like the trading card game and not an ingame item. Don't they have a card game called Legends of Norrath?

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by ABRaquel

That looks more like the trading card game and not an ingame item. Don't they have a card game called Legends of Norrath?

It's definitly an EQ item, it claimable in EQ and usable.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

that LON an optional card game. nothing to do with the actual game

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by airborne519

A sign of the times... so, what would something like that cost?  This could open a new pandoras box with the treasury dept. If people start attaching value to real world dollars to virtual items and virtual money, that is, if people bought real world items with virtual money... hmm..

I believe it was on Gamestops boards but someone bought a PS3 with gold from WoW.  I don't recall how much it was but it ended up being like $100 dollars if they had bought the gold from a farmer.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
    Originally posted by Waterlily

Originally posted by ABRaquel

It's definitly an EQ item, it claimable in EQ and usable.

Yes LON is an online card game. its nothing to do in the actual game.

• ltlfishieltlfishie Member Posts: 93

yeah i thought it had something to do with the trading card game... doesnt blizzard do the same thing?

Fun Fact: Sony Online Entertainments Corporate Office is located on the 10th level of hell in dante's inferno the catholic church censored this part of the book and deemed it to horrible to be written...

Originally posted by ltlfishie

yeah i thought it had something to do with the trading card game... doesnt blizzard do the same thing?

kinda. but blizzards card game is not online.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

Originally posted by ltlfishie

kinda. but blizzards card game is not online.

And Blizzards are fairly useless things like tabards and mounts.

• jarishjarish Member Posts: 526

There are LoN loot cards that give you items in-game...don't know if this is one of them but yeah just like in WoW.

Brandywine Global LFF chan "/joinchannel glff"

• airborne519airborne519 Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by Locklain

Originally posted by airborne519

I believe it was on Gamestops boards but someone bought a PS3 with gold from WoW.  I don't recall how much it was but it ended up being like $100 dollars if they had bought the gold from a farmer.

Wow! I wondered if that has ever happened. That sure brings up some serious issues.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Warcrafts card game is strickly offline and you cannot loot cards in game.  Some rare cards have codes to claim items in WoW, but they are only vanity items.  No stats or anything like that.

I've heard the EQ card game described as soft RMT sales since you give cash to SOE and get in game "cards".  If those cards now give items, then it is just straight up RMT with a randomizer.

Edit: after looking at some of the cards it is very obvious RMT with designs taken from many of the free asian grinder games.  Experience, health, mana potions,  augment gems, etc.  I don't know the quality of the stuff, but it is RMT.

• RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235
    Originally posted by Daffid011

Warcrafts card game is strickly offline and you cannot loot cards in game.  Some rare cards have codes to claim items in WoW, but they are only vanity items.  No stats or anything like that.
    I've heard the EQ card game described as soft RMT sales since you give cash to SOE and get in game "cards".  If those cards now give items, then it is just straight up RMT with a randomizer.

Edit: after looking at some of the cards it is very obvious RMT with designs taken from many of the free asian grinder games.  Experience, health, mana potions,  augment gems, etc.  I don't know the quality of the stuff, but it is RMT.

The LoN cards are most definitely RMT, which makes both EQ1 and EQ2 RMT games.

You buy the cards for real money, and then get in-game rewards for trading in those cards in-game.

• KrylosKrylos Member UncommonPosts: 73

the thing is you cant just BUY that card.  You have to actually buy a pack which has a SLIM chance of getting that card.  Then you can seel it for in game currency (ass tons) or sell it online for real money (at the buyers risk).

• ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643

I see nothing wrong with it. You are paying 15$ a month for an MMO to begin with and they don't use nearly a portion of that to pay for server costs. This gives people who don't have all the time in the world to raid ( you know, those with jobs) to actually get a little advantage :).

I say more power to them, put more items up for sale SOE.

• declaredemerdeclaredemer Member Posts: 2,698

It is not just that.

I think one of the reasons why I enjoy EQ so much is that the players seem not only more dedicated but also more competent in playing their classes.  In WoW, I was lucky if I could have a full group stay for half an hour for a dungeon crawl. 

In EQ, not only are people better players... they are more dedicated to their groups.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by declaredemer

It is not just that.

I think one of the reasons why I enjoy EQ so much is that the players seem not only more dedicated but also more competent in playing their classes.  In WoW, I was lucky if I could have a full group stay for half an hour for a dungeon crawl. 

In EQ, not only are people better players... they are more dedicated to their groups.

What the hell does that have to do with anything related to RMT being thust on a game that didn't ask for it and already pays a monthly subscription fee?

Originally posted by Daffid011

It is not just that.

What the hell does that have to do with anything related to RMT being thust on a game that didn't ask for it and already pays a monthly subscription fee?

I was browsing and must have replied to the wrong forum. 

My point was that the whole get-in and get-out mentality is forcing developers to create MMORPG worlds that lack immersion. 

Edit:  When it comes to selling items for cash, I know nothing about it other than I oppose it.

• tfox2k1tfox2k1 Member Posts: 215

"In EQ, not only are people better players... they are more dedicated to their groups."

This is likely because anyone still playing EQ has no job or family, so the group fills both positions.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Ok on the subject of: Everquest has oficially started selling items for hard $. I was passing by and saw the thread on the front page and thought you guys were already talking about it.
    - I've been having a look around this website,(below) and was just checking it out trying to figure out if it's legit or not,( checkout the companies that are suppose to be supporting it )
    http://www.livegamer.com/ 
    looks like the OP might be right and SoE will be letting people sell and buy gold and items and is that the same Funcom as in the AoC Funcom?
    If it's legit, I think it's about time and a smart idea, illegal gold sellers maybe a thing of the past, no more in game spam,(hopefully) no more post's about getting banned for buying or selling powerleveled characters,
    hey why is the pig flying pass that telegraph pole, why is that flame frozen solid?.... man it's cold down here.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by tfox2k1

"In EQ, not only are people better players... they are more dedicated to their groups."

This is likely because anyone still playing EQ has no job or family, so the group fills both positions.

That, and groups consist of multiboxers playing by themselves for the most part.

That, and groups consist of multiboxers playing by themselves for the most part.

Neither are true. 

It is my background, but I just detest liars.  Even online.  I have found that liars have a tendency to mislead, dupe, and defraud people. 

Edit:  disclosed too much personal information.  I work and attend school this summer.  I manage to have time for Everquest. 

Even more, online, those that describe others as "pathetic" or "basement dwellers" or something similar like that tend to be those things themselves, or very close to it. LOL.

• kestorkestor Member Posts: 37

Neither are true. 

It is my background, but I just detest liars.  Even online.  I have found that liars have a tendency to mislead, dupe, and defraud people. 

Edit:  disclosed too much personal information.  I work and attend school this summer.  I manage to have time for Everquest. 

Even more, online, those that describe others as "pathetic" or "basement dwellers" or something similar like that tend to be those things themselves, or very close to it. LOL.

/comfort Declaredemer. For me it s more like a divorce going bad, a broken love. the ex- coming back day after day, week after week, years after years (i saw one of them dont even play anymore since 3 years) to harass their ex-hubby or what. That what happend when you put emotion in your activity. They now live by their hate. I am sorry for them and i think they need help but not from me i am not a psy.