Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

if Warhammer lets me down...

Comments

• teddy_bareteddy_bare Member UncommonPosts: 398

I'm restricted by the NDA so I can't really say too much.

But if you enjoy MEANINGFUL PvP, not just ganking nooblets, but rather fighting over objectives, castles/keeps, and best of all HUGE capital cities  that actually have an effect on the game world, then you'll enjoy WAR.

If you enjoy PvE that is more then just a grind designed to get you to the "end-game", you'll enjoy WAR.

WAR is not going to disappoint.

• StinkyPitsStinkyPits Member Posts: 123

If WAR lets me down, I'm going to give Stargate Worlds a try.

• StinkyPitsStinkyPits Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by ados25

Vanguard let me down.  Vanguard let me down, again.

I keep reading that people are going back to Vanguard, but I can't possibly imagine how it could have become a decent game?  Have you tried it lately?  Was it still about the same as before with just less bugs?  So I don't make the same mistake, I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth wasting time on again.

• lareslocilaresloci Member UncommonPosts: 373
    Originally posted by StinkyPits

I keep reading that people are going back to Vanguard, but I can't possibly imagine how it could have become a decent game?  Have you tried it lately?  Was it still about the same as before with just less bugs?  So I don't make the same mistake, I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth wasting time on again.

Well, I am not trying it unless the put out the free trial. PERIOD.

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

• tool089tool089 Member UncommonPosts: 72

WoW sucked just as bad when it came out.. it's just got years of polish.. Why don't you sit back and wait a while until AoC or WAR have been polished up for a bit.  Then you won't be discouraged by your epic 15 minute trial you give the game before declaring whether or not it's great or sucks.

• lareslocilaresloci Member UncommonPosts: 373
    Originally posted by Ascension08

Originally posted by laresloci

Originally posted by VultureSkull

Going by what has gone before it is highly unlikely that WAR will release without certain bugs, lack of polish etc. These games never do.
    Further to that all the games are more or less the same, WoW, AoC, WAR, EQ2, etc.
    with a few different features between them.
    Same game different skins, maps and classes.

Yeap, same shiit different pile.

Wowwwww hey yeah you guys are geniuses. They're basically all the same with just little variations here and there! They all also have many people playing them, some of them have instances more than others, all of them have some type of leveling or achievement system...wow...MAYBE that's why they're in the SAME market?? They're all MMORPGs!?!?!?

Hehehe.

Yeah, and Campbell's  isn't the only one that makes soup too you know.

Still soup isn't it? Unless you want to change it so much you call it "stew" or something.

There is also vishiswa, consume, miso etc.

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

• Don't be silly. Vanguard redefined the word "trainwreck". Conan won't tank.

• ados25ados25 Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by StinkyPits

Yea...I tried it about a week ago. It has less bugs then it did at launch...it is still kind of glitchy though. Once I get past level 10...playing the game begins to feel like a chore, its just not fun to me.

• admiralnlsonadmiralnlson Member UncommonPosts: 240

...I am never playing a MMORPG ever again. World of Warcraft is a good game...its just old to me now, I need something NEW, but something new that doesn't suck.
    Vanguard let me down. Age of Conan let me down. EQ2 let me down. Vanguard let me down, again. Warhammer is like...the last hope for a new mmorpg that doesn't suck.
    Stop playing crappy MMOs made by greedy companies, and wait for the good ones : the sandbox ones.

Of course if you try every theme park there is, you'll get fed up rather quickly.

Warhammer Online is a theme park MMO btw.

---
    Waiting for: GW2
    *thumbs up*: GW, Eve(, WoW)
    *thumbs down*: MO, GA, FE

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by admiralnlson

...I am never playing a MMORPG ever again. World of Warcraft is a good game...its just old to me now, I need something NEW, but something new that doesn't suck.

Vanguard let me down. Age of Conan let me down. EQ2 let me down. Vanguard let me down, again. Warhammer is like...the last hope for a new mmorpg that doesn't suck.
    Stop playing crappy MMOs made by greedy companies, and wait for the good ones : the sandbox ones.

Of course if you try every theme park there is, you'll get fed up rather quickly.

Are there any sandbox MMO's coming out? BTW Everyone doesn't have the same tastes, being a sandbox MMO doesn't make it good. In fact the generaly the opinion of many Devs are that  Sandbox MMo's are less fun. <shrug> I'd be interested in a Good Sandbox MMO just because it would be different. Sure one could eat steak every day but after awhile even it becomes old enough one might want a hamburger or a hotdog.

• DreawingDreawing Member Posts: 362

If warhammer fails.. I wont quit .. ITS GOD DAM WARHAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warhammer ... WARHAMMER WOOT WOOT!!

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by winter

Originally posted by admiralnlson

Are there any sandbox MMO's coming out? BTW Everyone doesn't have the same tastes, being a sandbox MMO doesn't make it good. In fact the generaly the opinion of many Devs are that  Sandbox MMo's are less fun. <shrug> I'd be interested in a Good Sandbox MMO just because it would be different. Sure one could eat steak every day but after awhile even it becomes old enough one might want a hamburger or a hotdog.

Earthrise fully Sandbox and skill's not level's and Sci Fi so perfect for me, but hoping WAR is a massive success already bought CE for myself my missus and a friend.

But if it doesnt quite push the right button's there is Earthrise Aion and Stargate Worlds on the horizon

• funnylumpyfunnylumpy Member Posts: 212

Vanguard let me down. Age of Conan let me down. EQ2 let me down. Vanguard let me down, again. Warhammer is like...the last hope for a  new mmorpg that doesn't suck.

hehe WAR won't let me down unless the content is bad.. I don't have high expectations for games and thus not disappointed so much as many here obviously get if the game turns out bad... there is not a dream game out there it's just and illusion.

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

Don't forget about Aion...  If WAR let's me down I will try that.  If Aion let's me down I am done, too.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Vanguard let me down. Age of Conan let me down. EQ2 let me down. Vanguard let me down, again. Warhammer is like...the last hope for a  new mmorpg that doesn't suck.

Maybe you are asking too much for just an online game.

• DistasteDistaste Member UncommonPosts: 665

Originally posted by VultureSkull

Going by what has gone before it is highly unlikely that WAR will release without certain bugs, lack of polish etc. These games never do.
    Further to that all the games are more or less the same, WoW, AoC, WAR, EQ2, etc.
    with a few different features between them.
    Same game different skins, maps and classes.

Yeap, same shiit different pile.

Wowwwww hey yeah you guys are geniuses. They're basically all the same with just little variations here and there! They all also have many people playing them, some of them have instances more than others, all of them have some type of leveling or achievement system...wow...MAYBE that's why they're in the SAME market?? They're all MMORPGs!?!?!?

Hehehe.

Yeah, and Campbell's  isn't the only one that makes soup too you know.

Still soup isn't it? Unless you want to change it so much you call it "stew" or something.

There is also vishiswa, consume, miso etc.

Guzpacho, tomato, cream

I had a soups and sauces teacher once ask the class what the difference between a soup and sauce was. Bonus points for anyone that can guess the answer.

Why not take it further!  Humans are mammals and so are lions. Therefore under their logic humans are exactly like lions! Don't forget giraffes and Rhinos too!

When you try to not focus on what makes things different then of course they will seem exactly the same and for doing so you are ignorant.

• bee52bee52 Member Posts: 158

@ OP.

What your post should of read is.

What ados25 should have posted
    ...I am going to write a rant thread about how WAR failed me.

Then the AoC fanbois will chime in going on about something or another as payback for WAR fans doing the same to them on release. Aion fans will go 'oh but there's Aion'. Someone else will dismiss it as another 'asian grinder'. Darkfall will be mentioned and someone else will say 'vaporware'. Somewhere amongst all this a SWG vet will cry about how they'd be playing it still if it hadn't gone to shit. A few people will balance up all the screaming and whining and mention how, 'such-and-such an MMO is fun and they enjoy it come play it!'.

Threads like this will be repeated a few million times and sometime down the track the next batch of 'next generation MMOs' will be announced and once again people will hype themselves up for what the MMO gaming world would consider as Christ's next coming.

• david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279

Yep, been on WOW for three years now, tried LOTR, suck, tried DDOL, suck, tried AOC, kinda didn't suck but does, back to WOW, waiting on WAR, please don't suck because WOW is just getting old.

• skepticalskeptical Member Posts: 357

I'm sort of feeling the same was the op is. I have been playing MMO's going back to early EQ. Sometimes I wish I had not quit and sold my accounts because every other MMO i have tired has been total shit. I played wow for awhile but I really think that game went downhill after BC and I know I'm not going back there again. I got screwed by Vanguard Tabula Rasa and to a lesser extent AoC so if this game is weak I think I'll quit looking at MMO's and find a different hobby. Hopefully this game will at least be good enough to play for awhile.

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

If war fails...then it's all about Aion.

• doomrahdoomrah Member CommonPosts: 376

if war fails then we'll wait for the next MMO. and if that fails we'll wait for the next one and the next one and so on and so on :)

• FaoiteFaoite Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by Tawn47

If WAR lets me down its back to EVE..  

Same, man I hope this game doesn't let me down :)

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186
    Originally posted by charris1980

if war fails then we'll wait for the next MMO. and if that fails we'll wait for the next one and the next one and so on and so on :)

If by "all" you mean everyone into MMO, you'd be wrong. Video games were never THAT great in the first place. I think I've only played a handful of games in the last 12 or so years.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

• PureChaosPureChaos Member Posts: 839
    Originally posted by Gazenthia

Originally posted by charris1980

If by "all" you mean everyone into MMO, you'd be wrong. Video games were never THAT great in the first place. I think the only games I have played a handful of games in the last 12 or so years.

Then you have missed some all time classics then , or just have a very limited taste.

Some people smoke to releave stress, i play games.

While i cant wait for this game, there is part of me that wishes a good sci fi MMO. Im not saying Eve is a bad one, just not my taste, certain aspects i enjoy but others i hate all to much. I wish they spliced earth and beyond with eve in the sence of game ideas.

Im looking to see how well jumpgate evolution goes, hopefully the community wont fuck it over.

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

be honest and realistic, when has a game ver lived up to the hype?

My blog: image