Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flying combat in Wotlk?

CharliePCharlieP Member Posts: 109

Will there be flying combat in wotlk, how will it work?

Comments

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

I haven't read anything about flying combat but you do realize you can't use your flying mount until about level 78....

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Yes they've mentioned they want to implement it (go look on the WoTLK mini site and read the interviews) but no details on how.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/features/gameplay/index.xml - Read the last paragraph.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by mbd1968

I haven't read anything about flying combat but you do realize you can't use your flying mount until about level 78....

no 70

i dont think it has areial combat, if it does then its a rip of aion.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Originally posted by SgtFrog

no 70

When you enter Northrend you can't use your flying mounts until level 77 (I was one off)

"Flying mounts will also be usable in Northrend, currently the plan is to allow players to fly by level 77 instead of at 70[5]. Blizzard said they want to "keep us grounded and guide us on foot for a while", so we can enjoy all the hard work they put into the land and not just "fly over it". [6] There may be new flying mounts introduced with the expansion that will provide a very slight increase in speed and, also as yet finalized, these new mounts may be able to carry more than one passenger. [7]"

taken from: http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft:_Wrath_of_the_Lich_King

no 70

When you enter Northrend you can't use your flying mounts until level 77 (I was one off)

"Flying mounts will also be usable in Northrend, currently the plan is to allow players to fly by level 77 instead of at 70[5]. Blizzard said they want to "keep us grounded and guide us on foot for a while", so we can enjoy all the hard work they put into the land and not just "fly over it". [6] There may be new flying mounts introduced with the expansion that will provide a very slight increase in speed and, also as yet finalized, these new mounts may be able to carry more than one passenger. [7]"

taken from: http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft:_Wrath_of_the_Lich_King

ok. may mistake. i have not played wow since mid 2005 i have lost touch with it

• warrorwarror Member Posts: 270

Wow already has aerial combat but its limited to druids. I have seen numerous tauren vs night elf aerial fights.

Originally posted by warror

Wow already has aerial combat but its limited to druids. I have seen numerous tauren vs night elf aerial fights.

i dont think wow has any mount battle till after wotlk

• ThalosVipavThalosVipav Member Posts: 273

Druids get a flight form. It's not "mounted combat" its Arial combat.

Thalos Vipav
    Star Wars Galaxies: R.I.P.

• vknidvknid Member UncommonPosts: 154

I thought I read that passenger mounts were going to be quest related? No clue where I read that.. so I cant link a source...

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

Still a lot to be determined but according to the website there will be aerial combat.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/features/gameplay/index.xml

Last paragraph:

"Just one example of the new mechanics you can expect from the expansion is the new vehicle-based content, which puts an interesting spin on some of the concepts originally developed for PvP siege gameplay. Certain types of vehicles and mounts can now carry passengers, making it possible for players to, for example, break a prisoner out of a tightly guarded compound by attempting a daring escape on horseback. While the NPC steers the horse, the player lobs explosives at a pack of pursuing worgen. In another quest, the roles are reversed as the player takes to the skies in a flying machine to track down and rescue survivors of a catastrophic event. Even beyond the ability for vehicles to hold passengers, Wrath of the Lich King introduces an aerial combat system that will add a new dimension to gameplay. "

Originally posted by ThalosVipav

Druids get a flight form. It's not "mounted combat" its Arial combat.

Attempting to Feral Charge in mid air is difficult but fun... unless you get it wrong, then you just go splat...

Originally posted by Pappy13

Still a lot to be determined but according to the website there will be aerial combat.
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/features/gameplay/index.xml
    Last paragraph:
    "Just one example of the new mechanics you can expect from the expansion is the new vehicle-based content, which puts an interesting spin on some of the concepts originally developed for PvP siege gameplay. Certain types of vehicles and mounts can now carry passengers, making it possible for players to, for example, break a prisoner out of a tightly guarded compound by attempting a daring escape on horseback. While the NPC steers the horse, the player lobs explosives at a pack of pursuing worgen. In another quest, the roles are reversed as the player takes to the skies in a flying machine to track down and rescue survivors of a catastrophic event. Even beyond the ability for vehicles to hold passengers, Wrath of the Lich King introduces an aerial combat system that will add a new dimension to gameplay. "

They need to put gattling guns on the Eng Flying Mounts

Originally posted by Zorndorf

And don't forget.
    In TBC you can take your personal flying mount and FLY ALL over cities, mountains, forests, rivers and LAND ANYWHERE you want without EVER seeing a (Conan) loading screen. :))
    Seamless open true 3D world will be repeated in WotLK
    So much more to program but so much more breathtaking.
    As are underwater worlds of course.
    That's something different than to have a loading screen for ... a door that opens to an inn.

:)))

and don't forget... more quest to slay 200 pigs to gather 10 of their left testicles, so you can grind rep with the chicken faction....

• SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

Originally posted by Zorndorf And don't forget.
    In TBC you can take your personal flying mount and FLY ALL over cities, mountains, forests, rivers and LAND ANYWHERE you want without EVER seeing a (Conan) loading screen. :))
    That's something different than to have a loading screen for ... a door that opens to an inn.

and don't forget... more quest to slay 200 pigs to gather 10 of their left testicles, so you can grind rep with the chicken faction....

and the crazy new ability given to all players to replace all your mad epix within the first week of the expansion

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818
    Originally posted by Sunrider

Originally posted by Zorndorf

And don't forget.

and the crazy new ability given to all players to replace all your mad epix within the first week of the expansion

Overexagerated clap trap=)  Yes, newbs in green were able to replace their newb greens with new newb green a week into the expansion, much like you did when you went from lvl 10 -20 or 30-40 or 40-50.  Most other people weren't replacing much of anything until their high 60s, esspecially not from solo quest rewards.  You had to go into dungeons for that. 

Dont' like replacing your older gear with newer better gear?   You should've quit once you hit hit your 20's if that didn't float your boat.  if it took you all the way through an expansion to realize this, BOGGLE.