Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard's new marketing campaign!

2»

Comments

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300
    Originally posted by Thor_Leifson

Hahahaha, looks like they pulled the ad.

Or maybe it's just blocked for me. AoC makes baby Jesus cry.

Are you using Firefox or IE? Firefox blocks the AoC ad for me, but it opens just fine in Internet Explorer.

• JTJT Member Posts: 401

Much like the character models of all mmo's, it's a matter of preference.  I personally prefer VG toons over AoC.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Heh that is funny to have an AOC  ad on the page..... Ive been wanting to try Vanguard again. I played at launch and just wasnt satisfied with the game so went back to WoW.  But I hear that the game is running  a lot better and Im not currently playing any P2P games.  I think I just might give Vanguard another shot.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Funny. But it was marketing server mistake

Known to happen

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by ghettobooste

I thought this was hilarious... from the actual Vanguard site.  http://vanguard.station.sony.com/
    here is a screenie

That section is simply a ad.adserverplus add space, you see lots of different type of adds coming there, yesterday i saw indeed the AoC banner, today i am seeing a add in my own language dutch from a phone company, i think these add are generated random. But i agree sure funny to see......

• morpinmorpin Member Posts: 360

BTW, I'm giving Vanguard a second shot at the moment and having HUGE graphical issues with the game. Some of the same problems I had over a year and a half ago at the end of Beta. Are there any serious UI/graphic fixes out there? As it stands, I'd almost rather chew ground glass than play Vanguard because of the problems but I want to try and muddle through so I can give the game a legitimate review.

You are the first person I have heard of that has had HUGE graphical issues in a while. The first thing that comes to mind for people who are returning, is to make sure they have a new version of vgclient.ini.  When the game first came out people where desperate to improve their performance and where making all sorts of  manual changes to this file.  Rename the file and start vanguard.  If will create a defualt version of the ini file for you and then try solving your problems from there.

Try visting the vanguard support  forums for more help:

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/forums/list.m

• beauturkeybeauturkey Mabinogi CorrespondentMember Posts: 288

Great, now I have to shut this one down just like the other one...

...you guys do me a favor and just go read my replies over at the official forums...

I'll paste them here, anyway.  (won't make much sense with the replies, but whatever..)

" YES! I have been waiting for the ole' NGE thing to pop up again!

This means nothing, and will affect nothing.

Did you stop to think about this:

3 players click on it. Let's say the WORST POSSIBLE thing in all of humanity happens: they go play AoC and cancel their VG accounts.

SOE loses 45 bucks, or 100 depending.

Now, ask how much they made off that ad.

Jiminy Christmas.

Beau"

Next reply:

"Yes, it means nothing and isn't an insult.

Just like this time.

And now the ad is gone.

doubleclick.net are a company that rents out space on websites. On that space they allow other clients to cycle out advertising. The companies that host the ad's are paid. They are not cheap, and doubleclick.net and other companies like it are making billions.

Now, let's look at what does more damage.

a) An ad on the home players page, which (as you can see from that other thread I posted) a good many players are not even aware of. More probably visit the forums than the players page. That's still no small number, but still.

An ad that, by the way, is gone as soon as you refresh the page. There is a verizon ad on there now, and a vonage one before that.

b) Players constantly bringing up AoC on these official forums. Let me do a search for the letters "AoC"...

*pause*

Here are the results, and only within OFF-TOPIC. Of course, some of the results are found within the same thread, but you can see what I mean. If you want to do the search yourself, go for it.

So, the term AoC is being thrown around more than ever. What if a player comes onto these forums to gripe about being bored, and sees the positive (and negative) discussion about AoC. Either way, his or her curiosity will be pricked.

Now, you tell me who has done more "damage" to the game....the players here on the forums or the small, "blink-and-you'll-miss-it" ad on the players page, a page MADE for actual players and current subscribers of the game.

As far as it being an insult....don't worry about that. There are things going on in business, politics, and at the butcher shop that you would rather not wrap your head around.

Beau

EDIT: Please please please do not tell me about what is insulting and what is respect. You know I get some of the nastiest comments and emails, all from players. All I have received is respect and courtesy from the actual employees of this company. That is not BS or smoke, that is the truth. They do not pay me, and I do not pay them. 

And do not say that I do pay them, because I have a subscription. My payment is in EXCHANGE for the access to their virtual world. "

and my last one:

"sch wrote:

rikoorakoo wrote:

Now, ask how much they made off that ad.

But does Sony really need to make money from ads?

Yes, they do. A corporations sole existence is to make money. Period. We are just lucky that the products from this company are fun!

I would glady (in a freakin' heartbeat) put on of those ads on my website, if my website was deemed popular enough to warrant one of those ads, and deserving enough of the paycheck that that tier of ad gets you.

Call me a sell-out,  I want a new house.

Of course, some players here would probably say they would never accept such a thing. All I can say to that is : "Do you shop at Wal-Mart?"

beau"

Let's not all show how silly we can be when it comes to BASIC business.

Listen to the Spouse Aggro podcast at spouseaggro.com. Twitter: spouseaggro

• UgaritUgarit Member Posts: 213

BTW, I'm giving Vanguard a second shot at the moment and having HUGE graphical issues with the game. Some of the same problems I had over a year and a half ago at the end of Beta. Are there any serious UI/graphic fixes out there? As it stands, I'd almost rather chew ground glass than play Vanguard because of the problems but I want to try and muddle through so I can give the game a legitimate review.

i'm sorry for you

never had one with VG

Pb had with this game: chunking hard, CTD, bad ping (lagspikes) but never had graphic pbs with vg, lag .

- video card i had in 2007: ati radeon 256 mo

- now ati 1650 XPro 512 game works fine with VG.