Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Going to be an amazing game but Its really under the radar I think.

cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

People are always complaining about how they want something different and skill based but yet it seems like they are all going to play War or some other game. 

I commented on the hype page over 3 months ago and there were only 9 people after me. The last person that  hyped it was around a month ago.  Either people just don't  like the game or just haven't found out about it yet. On the other hand maybe its good its incognito so all the jerks wont get into the game.lol

I was interested in this game for awhile but that last video really sold me on the game. I like how the NPC's actually talk to you, I know there all not like that but I sometimes get tired of reading.  I think it give another dimension of realism.

Comments

• FeldronFeldron Member UncommonPosts: 337

Yeah

but after it gets closer to launch they can just run an ad campaign

That plus a good launch would get the game going.

• AvosAvos Member Posts: 69

I can't wait to play it but I think a big turnoff for people are possibly the graphics, which are  certainly adequate just not overly impressive.

Still, this is a Sandbox skill-based game, and I hope more people learn about it and give it a shot.

• nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342

That turn-off will be mitigated by the graphics upgrade.

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216
    Originally posted by nAAtimus

That turn-off will be mitigated by the graphics upgrade.

what graphics upgrade?

@OP: i think alot of people will flock to it once a release date is announced. Any game that gets a topic in the news discussion about a release date ALWAYS brings trolls, fanbois, and neutral peopel to a forum.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

The devs are in the process of overhauling the graphics.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

I really stopped paying attention is all, not just to this game but several others as well.  Provide me a target release date that is achievable and I'll turn my attention back to this game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

That will be availabe when they announce one.  Since they don't have an announced release date, they won't have to push it back if/when they get close to that date and aren't done with their product.

• RabiatorRabiator Member Posts: 358

There have been no news from FE for a while, so don't be surprised when people adopt a "wait and see" attitude. After all, most topics from the existing newsletters have been discussed to death.

Personally, I found the graphics OK and would have preferred a launch instead of more eyecandy. But as this is not my decision to make, I'll join the wait and see group. So it might take a few weeks or even months until I post in this forum again

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

There should also be more "official" releases from the FE folks, directly to the different gaming sites, in the very near future.

FE is still somewhat under the radar, but it won't be that way from very much longer....

• suskesuske Member Posts: 714
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I really stopped paying attention is all, not just to this game but several others as well.  Provide me a target release date that is achievable and I'll turn my attention back to this game.

well they just announced that they are feature complete so beta is close

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by cukimunga

People are always complaining about how they want something different and skill based but yet it seems like they are all going to play War or some other game. 
    I commented on the hype page over 3 months ago and there were only 9 people after me. The last person that  hyped it was around a month ago.  Either people just don't  like the game or just haven't found out about it yet. On the other hand maybe its good its incognito so all the jerks wont get into the game.lol
    I was interested in this game for awhile but that last video really sold me on the game. I like how the NPC's actually talk to you, I know there all not like that but I sometimes get tired of reading.  I think it give another dimension of realism.

There's more of us following it than is readily apparent. Unlike some other developers, these guys aren't swamping every site with over-hype  ( like AoC ) so you don't get 500,000 fanbois swearing the game will be the next messiah, yet they do put out good updates as they happen in short enough time frames, as well as go to game shows and actually let people see the progress their making ( unlike Darkfall ) so you don't end up with 500,000 doubters/naysayers/skeptics afraid it's all vaporware.

If you go on their official forums, you'll even see that they keep up communication with the fans as much as possible ( there are some "blackout" times when they're in heavy development, of course; but even then there's usually some form of community representative to at least try to answer stuff honestly but without just spewing out whatever will appease someone ), and they also keep everything real as much as possible. I've seen them say more than once "These are things that will definitely be in. And these are things we want to be in, but we want to focus on the core of the game first." They don't sit and promise the moon and the stars to every person who ask for some new feature, unlike both Funcom and Aventurine did and do.

So I think why you don't see much debate on whether the game will be good or not is because they don't instigate people with over-hyped promises or double-talk. They just show what they have and let everyone see it as they will. Some people think it will be good ( I think it'll be awesome, myself ), and some don't think it'll work or be any different than anything else. Fortunately, for the most part civility between the two camps has been good, without all the flagrant trolling/insulting/flaming that happens in most other forum sections here.

Hell, I think this is the only forum here I haven't got into a typing match with anyone.

Well said Zorvan.

• Sammyk2coolSammyk2cool Member Posts: 1

I'm expecting their advertising to kick up once they nail down a release date.

• RedmowRedmow Member Posts: 196

How does a company get a bunch of people to be asshats?

Like AoC? I see trolling and anger and hatred on just about every game that is close to release.

The reason I haven't paid attention to Fallen Earth is because I see no immenent release date with advertising.

Alot of people tend to get vocal when their panties get in a wad. Like those who spew hate about AoC. Like those who spew hate about WAR. Or Vanguard. Or SWG. 

If someone likes a game, they are fanbois. It's their damn money, get over it.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

The problem this game has is that you have a small inexperienced team trying to make a large MMORPG.The track record for this situation is not good.

It takes large,  experienced development teams 5 years to make a MMORPG. So its doubtful that a small inexperienced team can make a MMORPG in that amount of time.

Which means this game may just stay in development forever, ala Darkfall.

• senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Originally posted by ghoul31

The problem this game has is that you have a small inexperienced team trying to make a large MMORPG.The track record for this situation is not good.
    It takes large,  experienced development teams 5 years to make a MMORPG. So its doubtful that a small inexperienced team can make a MMORPG in that amount of time.

I am not following Darkfall, I have and am following this game and the ammount of communication coming from the Lead Dev...and not just some Joe is incredible. Question of the weeks DO come out EACH week and have for a long time. You have to understand that even tho it is a private venture the progress for this game has been steady. After all a few months ago they did mention they were close to have features for the game complete. Fast forward to this last few weeks you get announcements that the game is Feature complete, other announcement of Alpha testing.

Bottom line is they are taking their time and doing things on THEIR schedule not the fans, not the bean counters. They want a product that is has flawless as possible. Can anyone see the Blizzard way of doing things here?

I do hope this game stays under the radar, Look back at a small company called Eidos that created Lara Croft. Look back at Sid Meyer who created mega franchise from his garage. Not saying FE will be similar but it is sure flying under the radar and that is a good thing!

When it comes down to it, if the game is great trust me word to mouth advertising will spread faster than any billboard they could buy or tv airtime.

Not worried here! All in due time.

Originally posted by ghoul31

umm.. no. icarus has created a toolset that allows anyone (even without coding knowledge) to create a mmo.

now that most of the work on the toolset is complete the game has come far in a short time. also icarus has been very open and honest with a running client at past cons. not like darkfail at all.

Originally posted by suske

umm.. no. icarus has created a toolset that allows anyone (even without coding knowledge) to create a mmo.
    now that most of the work on the toolset is complete the game has come far in a short time. also icarus has been very open and honest with a running client at past cons. not like darkfail at all.

So they created a magical toolset that will enable a small inexperienced developer team to make a large MMORPG in almost no time at all.

Sound to good to be to be true? Yes it does

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

The important thing to remember, is that they have already licensed their tool suite to other companies for use, which means an EXISTING revenue stream. They will not have to pinch... I mean push out a game like several of the less than successful releases, both major and minor, that we all know about.

The devs for this game have shown themselves to be committed to communication with the potential playerbase, not making promises they can't deliver on, and not rushing anything to market.

What other game or devs can you say that about?

• admriker4admriker4 Member Posts: 1,070

I followed another small MMO a while back called Roma Victor. It too had subpar graphics. And the devs there promised a graphic update. Dont know if they ever came through with that promise but not many bothered to buy the game once they saw those outdated screenshots.

FE would be wise to make updating the graphics its top priority. While graphics wont deter me from playing Fallen Earth, it will certainly affect many others' decision

Originally posted by admriker4

I followed another small MMO a while back called Roma Victor. It too had subpar graphics. And the devs there promised a graphic update. Dont know if they ever came through with that promise but not many bothered to buy the game once they saw those outdated screenshots.

FE would be wise to make updating the graphics its top priority. While graphics wont deter me from playing Fallen Earth, it will certainly affect many others' decision

i have to disagree. Gameplay is more important than graphics. Roma Victor failed because its gameplay was broken and incomplete.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Its under the radar cause it doesnt have Orcs, Magic Spell, Barbarians, and Elves in the damn things which is a nice change... I oculd care less about graphics as long as it has a solid game and content to keep me playing which it looking to be like old school SWG Ill be in it for the long haul..... screw graphics

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Sorry what did I miss? What's wrong with the graphics they look pretty good to me. From the screenies the lighting seems to be absent (on the ones I looked at) but everything else seems kinda nice.

There are a few games coming out in the near future, most likely before this one, people are just waiting to be dissapointed by those first. Personally wasn't keeping eye on this just because it seemed to be quite a way down the road.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

It is getting harder and harder for me to get excited about the games that are 3 years in development but just now entered alpha.

I will be excited when they enter closed beta.

And since it wont be , for at least a year from now ... the notion of the game just slightly amuses me

Originally posted by Lobotomist

It is getting harder and harder for me to get excited about the games that are 3 years in development but just now entered alpha.
    I will be excited when they enter closed beta.
    And since it wont be , for at least a year from now ... the notion of the game just slightly amuses me

dude beta isn't that far off. later this year.