Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bard queries?

sliversliver Member Posts: 132

Ive got a few questions about life as a bard.

Does anybody know what the most important stats will be for the Troubador and Dirge? Will they be primary weapon users, or spell(song) users? And are the songs affected by intelligence or wisdom at all? Will bards get stealth like the other scout classes? The official site says agi will be the main stat, but im not sure if that is correct or if they were just lazy. I didnt play EQ, so i dont know what the original bard used. And while im at it, whats the main stat for monks? Site says str, but i would think agi would be more important for a flexible and agile fist fighter who wears light armor.

Comments

• LacertaLacerta Member Posts: 40

"Bards sing songs that bolster the abilities of their allies and inspire courage on the field of battle. Though skilled in a wide variety of weaponry, bards use their musical powers to wreak havoc upon the enemy.

Profile:

Primary Attribute: Agility

Key Knowledges: Melodies, Chants, Weapon knowledge

Weapons: Axe, Sword, Flail, Hammer, Mace, Staff, Spear, Dagger and more

Armor: Medium"

And, for best scout-info, go see Scout Info Compilation: http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=scout&message.id=5440

• RelicaRelica Member Posts: 67
    From what I've read bards in EQ2 are going to be way different then the bards in EQ live are. I believe that bards in EQ2 will use int for songs.

• sliversliver Member Posts: 132

thanks, i found it on the scout compilation:

-"INT plays a factor in power calculation, but AGI is still key."

-"Crusaders base their power on STR and WIS, bards base theirs on AGI and INT."

• NoisyMonkeyNoisyMonkey Member Posts: 220
    You will find what the creators say and what is true is different.... All stats are important to all classes of course, but what they say is most important is not always right, it depends on what way you want to play and such. Most of the time what they say helps dmg, not evasion, or anything.