Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Non-player shrieking weasels

Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

I come toMMORPG.com periodically just to see what's up in the mmo world.  However, what never fails to amaze me is the fact that people who do not own the game sit here trolling about it.  Just in case you were not aware, people who own the game have their own  forums courtesy of FunCom.  So, everyone here who complains about a game they do not own can hereinafter be categorized as shrieking weasels

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

Comments

• LL Member Posts: 70

some people still do like to come to mmorpg still. I know i have been here for a long time but try not to post that much, i let the trolls sort them selves out. You are right though, there are a lot of people who don't own the game that post that they do, because this is the internet you can be anything, anyone, anywhere, anytime.

LØST

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Sadly most of us who own the game/play the game and have gripes about the game have to come to forums such as these when the militant fanboys and lock/delete happy mods are willing to lock/close any post that has even a hint of negative.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• GnazonGnazon Member Posts: 442

Funcom's forums are heavily moderated, whole threads rising issues (rising issue in an argumentative way != trolling, contrary to popular belief) have the tendency to vanish without a trace. Plus you have to have open subscription running to be able to read them, so may of us have to come here to voice our opinion to try to have a discussion... and reach those not yet subscribed.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

These people do not give a sh1t about weather you or I like a game or not, they just want their point of view to be heard weather it be here or where ever.  I just let em rant and ignore them, no point in trying to talk to a blinkered horse who cares not.

Asbo

• HpnotiqHpnotiq Member Posts: 64

I never post.

Opps!

To me, many MMO's have flaws, sometimes sharing or discussing these flaws on any level can help us make decisions about continuing or what we are about to face.

Yes, there are trolls...but its like spam...ignore and move on.

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

I own the game, collector's edition even, however I don't post on FunCON's forums because there is no point.  I no longer subscribe to the game and won't be in the future.  They out right lied about the game to their customers.  They listed features on the box that weren't in the game and won't be for a while.  I've played many MMOs and I have never expected a bug free launch however I do expect features listed on the box to be in the game when I buy it.  They need not be bug free but the must be there.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Just to reply to the poster who made the comment that you have to be subscribed to AOC to view their forums, this is not true.  I am not a subscriber to the game, i pre-ordered but canceled.  I have no problem viewing the forums, don't have to enter a username or password to view their forums.  Just go there and read away.  Posting may be different, I have no idea about that, but I sure had no problem reading them.

• brutotalbrutotal Member Posts: 276
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

Just to reply to the poster who made the comment that you have to be subscribed to AOC to view their forums, this is not true.  I am not a subscriber to the game, i pre-ordered but canceled.  I have no problem viewing the forums, don't have to enter a username or password to view their forums.  Just go there and read away.  Posting may be different, I have no idea about that, but I sure had no problem reading them.

So your telling me that those who don't own the game can complain about it there instead of here by viewing the forums?

• noxxnoxx Member UncommonPosts: 120

I dont play because i did the funcom beta on ao many moons ago :)....and i hear the same problems with aoc that we had with ao....it took more then a year to fix that game(is it really fixed)......so we are burned out on anything funcom makes.....but u hang in there....im sure it will be okkkkkkkkkkkkk  soon

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

I like how the op stated people that hate the game should stop whinning about the game because they dont own a copy,but the people who post they love the game it is fine for them to come on open forum's and say it is great?If we follow this logic then every forum would just be a fanboi base.

I played the game and didnt enjoy it and have posted my reason's why,the reason for forum's such as MMORPG.com is for player's can hear both side's of the arguement and make up there own mind.

If it is all the same to you I will keep my freedom of speach and not be part of a silient majority.

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I own AOC but I still come here.  Too much forum moderation over there, eh. 

MMORPG.com is more fun than one game's forum.  I consider myself a gamer first, a mmo genre enthusiast second.  And then after that, I am a fan of whatever game I'm playing.  So, I'd rather be reading up and commenting on any games that interest me as opposed to just one.

Oh....and uh....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!

LOL.