Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gaute Godager looks like a douche

BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Enough said.

O_o o_O

Comments

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

Looking at his pose in this picture I did have to wonder whether he is full of himself.

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Or he's a big Dr. Evil fan.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

Originally posted by Finwe

Or he's a big Dr. Evil fan.

There is that also, true. However it is generally a good idea when posing for a publicity photo not to appear as Doctor Evil, but more in a manner to remind people that you are a responsible CEO of a corporation, with a commitment to your customers. Perception is reality. Everything has its time and place, publicity photos are the time to present the image you want associated with your company.

Somehow I don't think Sony Corporation would be pleased if Smedley ran around posing for pictures in high heels and fishnet stockings because he was a fan of them. Not to say there's anything wrong with Smedley having a dress up fetish.........

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

I think he's throwing down gang sign!

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Well to me this just says 'Hi look at me being a smartass, I've got your money', looks like a prentious pervert, how old is this guy, 12? I'd try to look a little more professional considering the critical stages that AoC is currently in, there are a lot of aprehensive customers out there at the moment.

He thinks it's a bloody joke or something, just reminds me of an autistic nerd with zero acumen when it comes to PR and at least looking like he has some sort of concern instead of 'oh look at me, I made it big, watch me do a Dr Evil impersonation' Sorry pal Dr Evil impersonations were 5 years ago, next time you get a business photo taken try not to look like a damn buffoon.

O_o o_O

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303
    Originally posted by Some Angry Forum-Posters

Wah!  Wah!  Baby pharaoh wants milk!  Somebody fetch me a nipple!  Wah!

First of all, he is not the CEO of Funcom.  CEO of Funcom: www.funcom.com/funcom/frontend/files/CONTENT/trond.jpg

My!  What a rapscallion!  I do believe one side of his mouth is upturned, the sure sign of a hooligan!

The guy you're talking about is the Game Director of Age of Conan.

I want you to imagine a scenario with me.  Actually, fuck imagining it.  I want you to do this.  Go to one of your friends and say this.  Pick any of them.

"I am very angry because this man took a funny picture.  He is the lead designer of a video game based on a fantasy novel.  I can't believe he does not act with the decorum demanded by his position.  Did you know that he is impersonating Dr. Evil in the picture I am talking about?  This made me extremely angry."

Originally posted by Kurush

First of all, he is not the CEO of Funcom.  CEO of Funcom: www.funcom.com/funcom/frontend/files/CONTENT/trond.jpg

My!  What a rapscallion!  I do believe one side of his mouth is upturned, the sure sign of a hooligan!

The guy you're talking about is the Game Director of Age of Conan.

I want you to imagine a scenario with me.  Actually, fuck imagining it.  I want you to do this.  Go to one of your friends and say this.  Pick any of them.

"I am very angry because this man took a funny picture.  He is the lead designer of a video game based on a fantasy novel.  I can't believe he does not act with the decorum demanded by his position.  Did you know that he is impersonating Dr. Evil in the picture I am talking about?  This made me extremely angry."

It is a promotional photo for a product. It is also unprofessional. If he wants to act like a child, he will get the respect of a child.

Originally posted by Some Angry Forum-Poster 

Flame, flame, flame, talk shit, flame, flame, I'm secretly in love with Gaute Godager, flame.

And you're calling me angry, I'm not angry, I'm indigant, you on the other hand are angry.

O_o o_O

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

The man disgusts me.  The way he runs his company and treats his customers is quite simply disgusting.  The bold face lies printed on the AoC box, the complete lack of customer service, the release of yet another game into the genera that isn't quite in a releasable state.

I respect the folks that obviously put forth a tremendous amount of effort in an attempt to make AoC a great game.   It shows in many areas .... his bottom line decisions are what ruined what could have been.  Yes, I've heard them all.  Investor pressure to release, didn't want to release on top of WAR, they ran out of money ........ blah blah blah.  I quite frankly don't give a shit.  If you can't release a product to consumers without lies and deceit then they won't see any of my money.

Funcom has a history of this and it's sad to see that history is being repeated.  Said it before and I'll say it again.  Funcom is a shady company ......plain and simple.  That's putting it nicely.

~Hairysun~

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

I love AoC, but I can't stand that guy: He has the most annoying personality and voice.

I feel sorry for the people working under him.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

Haha, when I first saw this picture, I thought to myself "Wow, what a giant douchebag."

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

He sure could use a style advisor, someone who works on his haircut and gives him a more fashionable pair of glasses. Oh and a language trainer. "Oge of Cohnon hos mony closses."

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• upallnightupallnight Member Posts: 1,154

A douche?

Eeeeewie!!! 

--------------------------------------
    image image

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

To generalise broadly:  Norwegians are such posers and they speak English so funny.  It's embarrassing.   Being in a Norwegian family makes me wish I was Martian.   Oh well, at least I'm not Swedish. 

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by Signe
    To generalise broadly: Norwegians are such posers and they speak English so funny. It's embarrassing. Being in a Norwegian family makes me wish I was Martian. Oh well, at least I'm not Swedish. image

... What's so bad about Sweden? And regarding the topic: He looks extremely stupid, why would you ever have that pose?

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383
    Originally posted by Godliest

And regarding the topic: He looks extremely stupid, why would you ever have that pose?

Originally posted by Godliest

Originally posted by Signe

To generalise broadly: Norwegians are such posers and they speak English so funny. It's embarrassing. Being in a Norwegian family makes me wish I was Martian. Oh well, at least I'm not Swedish.

... What's so bad about Sweden? And regarding the topic: He looks extremely stupid, why would you ever have that pose?

Nothing is bad about Sweden.  I was simply teasing about the old Norway/Sweden rivalry.  Of course, you might too young, I don't know.  And about his pose, I think he really must have been doing the Dr. Evil thing. 

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586

Question for the OP....

Why do you fucking care?! And why should I care what  you think?!

So you hate AoC and everything and everyone associated with it, so fucking what?

Here's some free advice: GET A JOB!!

Maybe once you have something to do with your time you can get bent about something that really IS important.

That's a bit of an over reaction.  And, to be perfectly honest, that picture DOES make him look terribly silly.  People who put themselves in front of a camera and ask for public recognition are always subject to scrutiny. whether it's about their work, personal life or looks.  If he doesn't have a thick skin about these things, he better develop one soon, especially if he plans to look strange for the cameras.  Having said that,  the OP could have been a bit more clever if he wanted to bring attention to Godager's silly picture.  Calling someone a "douche" is such a boring, pedestrian insult.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Originally posted by Jimmy_Scythe

Question for the OP....
    So you hate AoC and everything and everyone associated with it, so fucking what?
    Maybe once you have something to do with your time you can get bent about something that really IS important.

Ah, Jimmy

Over reacting as usual. lol, youd think he just made fun of his mother or something. I think someone is just a tad to bit emotionally attached to AoC.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586
    Originally posted by Enigma

Question for the OP....

Ah, Jimmy

Over reacting as usual. lol, youd think he just made fun of his mother or something. I think someone is just a tad to bit emotionally attached to AoC.

Nah. I just get really tired of the fanboi fagotry every once and awhile. The way these mouth breathing shut ins go on, you'd think these games were their religion or something...

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

Does anybody have a pic of Darth Smedley?? His dorky smile and evil radiant aura makes Gaute Godager look like Tom Cruise.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Bigdavo

Enough said.

They were trying to take his picture while he was picking his nose. Unfortunately, they got the idiot after he ate the booger.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by Laserwolf

To further prove my point?

Originally posted by Enigma

Question for the OP....

Ah, Jimmy

Nah. I just get really tired of the fanboi fagotry every once and awhile. The way these mouth breathing shut ins go on, you'd think these games were their religion or something...

Haha, you're comedy gold you know, has anyone ever told you that. Oh the irony. Anyway I better get back to job hunting!!!

O_o o_O