Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie with some questions

RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200

Hi

I started to play just few weeks ago and I have liked the game very much. Now, as I know I will stay in this game longer than just the free month I've been considering to start dual boxing :)

I have read some guides and stuff from the official forums and came to a conclusion Orc Fighter (going for Tyrant) and Mystic (going for Warcryer) might be the way to go.  Good or bad combo? Is it also possible to start to level them together right from the lvl 1 or much later? Just what I know about the caster classes they pretty much one or two shot mobs at least at lower levels...

Comments

• DeadlyMageDeadlyMage Member Posts: 543

yes thats a good combo. you can party from any level. (but both charecters have to be around the same level  so you can get the xp and xp boost)

• EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193
    Originally posted by adeptuz

Hi

I started to play just few weeks ago and I have liked the game very much. Now, as I know I will stay in this game longer than just the free month I've been considering to start dual boxing :)
    I have read some guides and stuff from the official forums and came to a conclusion Orc Fighter (going for Tyrant) and Mystic (going for Warcryer) might be the way to go.  Good or bad combo? Is it also possible to start to level them together right from the lvl 1 or much later? Just what I know about the caster classes they pretty much one or two shot mobs at least at lower levels...

Dual boxing will give you the flexibility to level at your conveniance. There is sufficient content throughout the levels to give you a reasonably efficient progression path into the mid 60's, after that things will slow down but duoing is still workable. Even if you join a clan, having 2 chars is beneficial to the XP group dynamic, as it will allow you to form groups more readily or supplement raid effort.

The War Cryer (WC)/Tyrant (TYR)combination is not bad at all, however, the WC does not really come into its own until the higher levels. Furthermore the WC is the buffer of choice for dynamic situations, ie more suited to challenging group play, raids or group PvP where time is a constraint. If you think your playstyle will be more placid and you all you want to do is progress at a steady pace then a prophet will probably give you a better bang for your buck. Potentially you could also consider an Shillen Elder (SE) who will give you Vampiric Rage (VR) much earlier than the WC. VR is the buff which heals you for a portion of the damage dealt which is a very good buff for your TYR, and is considered one of the more hardcore melee DDs in game.

You can and should start both chars simultaneously and once you get the hang of the controls do your wolf quest as well and raise a wolf for each of your chars. It will be a lot of fun and probably overwhelming at the start but its very much worthwhile in the long term and very challenging to balance gameplay between the 4 chars. You will certainly learn how to use the ingame macro engine efficiently in order to do this. Its a lot of fun and very challenging in its own right. Once you get higher level you will appreciate the effort you put in and find things a lot easier to accomplish as you will effectively have 3 DPS sources in a 2 char party.

Good luck with it and if you need further advice just ask.

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris

• RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200

I might go for Tyr + Prophet combo. Tyr with WC seems to be a bit more fast paced gamestyle for my taste. I was mainly thinking just to "backup" my Tyrant with a class who can heal and/or give some nice buffs, reducing downtime when grinding. I checked again Warcryer's whole skill list and I see he won't actually get any decent healing skills until higher lvls. Regeneration and such.

Too bad though, I find the looks and animations of humans and dark elves slightly amusing :) but shouldn't matter if the buffer toon is most of the time just following the main toon and buffing every now and then heh. Now I only need to choose between DE and human. How good is Shillien Elder in healing if we compare him to a Prophet?

Thank you very much for the guidance Ellyrion.

• EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193
    Originally posted by adeptuz

I might go for Tyr + Prophet combo. Tyr with WC seems to be a bit more fast paced gamestyle for my taste. I was mainly thinking just to "backup" my Tyrant with a class who can heal and/or give some nice buffs, reducing downtime when grinding. I checked again Warcryer's whole skill list and I see he won't actually get any decent healing skills until higher lvls. Regeneration and such.
    Too bad though, I find the looks and animations of humans and dark elves slightly amusing :) but shouldn't matter if the buffer toon is most of the time just following the main toon and buffing every now and then heh. Now I only need to choose between DE and human. How good is Shillien Elder in healing if we compare him to a Prophet?
    Thank you very much for the guidance Ellyrion.

Well you've hit the nail on the head there. The old chesnut - to heal or to buff ?

As part of the balancing between OL, WC, PP, EE and SE they have spread the key skills amongst each buffer class. In this way there is no one ultimate buffer which would oust the others out of a spot in a group.

The main difference between OL/WC/PP and EE/SE is that both the elven buffers (EE & SE) are also hybrid healers. The EE is effectively the best healer in game after the bishop, but has only defensive buffs which do not complement well the aggressive playstyle of the TYR. The SE has a very good group heal and also has the main offensive buffs suite including VR. What they lack is haste and berserk.

The OL/WC and PP have all the buffs, but they heal very poorly especially when you're up against multiple mobs. Recent changes to VR have further increased the need for healers. However, both OL and WC have powerful Heal over Time (HoTs) chants which are good because they draw less aggro and complement the TYR better. The PP's heals stop at lv 36 so at higher levels they become visibly inadequate. However, the PP will give you the best suite of individual buffs in the game.

Out of the whole set the WC is the only buffer who will ultimately give you VR, Haste 2, Berserk 2, Focus, Guidance and Deathwhisper equivalents via their chants.

As a TYR you are specifically looking for 3 critical buffs which turn you into a blender. VR, Berserk 2 and Haste 2, with those 3 buffs and the right equipment you will literally smash your way through any PvE content which cons white ( +/- 2 lv) or less.

Once you get higher you will also want Prophecy of Fire (from PP) or Chant of Victory (from WC), both extremely useful skills and significantly influence the end game for both PvE and PvP.

Its a hard choice, however, I would suggest either an SE or a WC. The SE will be the better healer overall and can recharge your MP, this is important as you chew through your specials, but the WC will give you greater flexibility later on and offer slightly better buffs, their heal over time chant in conjunction with VR should keep you alive against reasonable odds in the higher levels of the game.

With either choice you will find it a bit harder initially but when you crest the 60s it will all become worthwhile. Remember that you can (and probably will) always use potions like  Greater Swift Attack potion for haste 2, Greater Heal potions,  relevant grade elixirs etc to plug the gaps in the buffs/heals...

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris

• RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200

That was a really nice comparison between those buffer classes. Helped me to make my decision. Thanks again Ellyrion.